I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floatplane accident in Ketchikan:(

Last year my mom went with me and my kids against her better judgment. It was amazing though.
I did not need to see this. We have this booked in a couple weeks. Now I’m second guessing our plans.
If I book a Disney tour, I won’t get charged until on the ship and I can cancel before then, right?

It was! And very scary for her parents! She came home with Giardia, worms and many stories I would rather not have heard. I'm sure six years later there are still some stories waiting for the right moment to be told.

Wow -- that's impressive; just jumping right in the deep end. With my kids, it was more of a slow, inevitable progression from studying Mandarin in middle/high school to a semester abroad in college/summer internship at the US consulate in Guangzhou/fancy fellowship year in Taiwan. I actually was in favor of most of these decisions (the myriad vaccinations required did give me pause, although none of them came back sick) and even the decisions that turned out to sound better on paper than in real life (my kid would probably now agree that the Chinese-only/no-English-speaking-allowed program near Siberia was maybe not the best choice) had their valuable aspects.

And I agree that parenting teens is tricky business -- ideally, you find a way to get them to make the right decisions on their own, not because you told them what to do.

Uh huh ... and it's the kid that wants to see the game :D
Well, DS probably got some of his soccer interest from me (I watched US pro soccer in the 80’s, minimal as it was) though he is more interested than I ever was. Plus we joke he will be a sports announcer some day as he does play by play whenever he is watching hockey, soccer or football. Even if I’m not watching I hear his chatter and he knows all the stats which he likes to recite during car rides.

I have a business card login now with my CIC. Hopefully, it doesn't take a week. Oh well, I'll just keep calling!

I just applied today around 4:30. I do have a biz login with my CIC but so far, no CIP showing up there.
It’s been 6 hours???!!! :P :P Here I am thinking you’ve been waiting a few days based on your earlier comment LOL!! :lmao:

42a0c868fad26ccebf123244cf6da8b5.jpg

I think in addition to my 6 day wait, @Lain also had a long one once. I’m sure others have had days go by as well :) It just makes hearing “You’re Approved” that much sweeter when it finally comes around.

Last edited:
I did not need to see this. We have this booked in a couple weeks. Now I’m second guessing our plans.
If I book a Disney tour, I won’t get charged until on the ship and I can cancel before then, right?

I’m sorry. It was incredible. I would still do it but I’m guessing had this been last year my ex would not have been pleased and my mom would not have gone.
You should still be able to cancel but I’m not 100% sure you can cancel until you are onboard.
Eta I think it’s 3 days prior to cruise departure.

It’s been 6 hours???!!! :P :P Here I am thinking you’ve been waiting a few days based on your earlier comment LOL!! :lmao:

42a0c868fad26ccebf123244cf6da8b5.jpg

I think in addition to my 6 day wait, @Lain also had a long one once. I’m sure others have had days go by as well :) It just makes hearing “You’re Approved” that much sweeter when it finally comes around.

Stuck at 2 weeks for 4.5 days!

I have a business card login now with my CIC. Hopefully, it doesn't take a week. Oh well, I'll just keep calling!

I just applied today around 4:30. I do have a biz login with my CIC but so far, no CIP showing up there.
I'm right there with you on the waiting game. If it weren't for this being a multiple card I would have already spoken to CS to find out the status. But being I don't want extra eyes on my account I'm having to wait. So hard to sit and wait. Just called again and still 30 days which is a good sign I guess. So used to being auto approved or calling right away. I just keep telling myself the wait will be worth it as long as I'm approved!

I said good-bye to my precious cat baby 6 days ago and I still haven't recovered mentally(she was 18)

:sad1: :hug:

Is it nice in there? Even though I have the membership or whatever through some of our premium cards I've never hit it up, lol. We always just get our Chick Fil A, eat by the windows overlooking the SW planes and runway and then head to the gate :)

I'm with @Lain on this...I can't believe you pay for airport food, especially when you're already "paying" for PP on one or more of your CCs. Ever since I got PP, I make it a point to go to PIT a little earlier than usual just to get my fill of free food, lol. It always works out that we can either get breakfast or lunch before our flight. If PIT wasn't such a small airport, I might not be so inclined to go out of my way for PP food, but considering how small it is, it's so easy to stop in for a quick bite. And I'm never worried about missing a flight, because it only takes like 3 minutes to walk from the lounge to any departure gate. On our recent trip back from DL, we actually stopped in to the PIT PP lounge on arrival, because it was dinner time and I was NOT cooking that night after flying cross country. It was great getting a free dinner before heading home after a long trip.

Well since we are both super cheap :rolleyes1 I do like free food. haha I know you don't drink, but I super like my free drink, or two. :drinking1 It does help my plane anxiety. They also have bottled water and juice so I grab one of those for the plane too, sodas too, but I don't drink soda so not sure what kind of selection. Once we were there for breakfast, it is similar to a hotel breakfast. Cereals, eggs, fruit. Every time we have been there for dinner/lunch they have had the same thing, so not sure if it is always the menu or we just randomly have hit it, but it was soft pretzels, kielbasa type sausage and pierogis. And I thought they were pretty tasty. Also fruit/ and cheese/hummus and crackers type things. Plus some package chips and cookies. It is very tiny in there and a lot of people are business travelers so one person hogging a 2 person table is annoying. Is it better than Chic fil A? Maybe/ maybe not. But it is free! (Well as free as my $450-$300 travel credit AF is) The Orlando one is much bigger, but the time we went they only had prepackaged crackers/cookie type things I think maybe we were in between meals.

It seems like the menu might be the same one all the time, as we've gotten pierogies and kielbasa too the few times we've been there. On our last trip, they didn't have bottled water anymore, just self-serve pitchers. I was bummed as I had planned on grabbing a few bottles for the plane...guess too many people were doing the same, lol. I hope it was a fluke - that they just ran out that day - and there will be bottles again for our next trip coming up in June.

It won't get looked at/approved till tomorrow morning at the earliest. Both my and DH's CIPs showed up in our biz logins the morning after we applied (applied late afternoon/evening, got 30 day messages, new accounts showed up the next morning before I called again to check, then when I called, the message had updated to say approved).

Snuck in one more Ebates purchase at Shoes.com. DS either has the weirdest feet or he is just very sensitive down there and finding him shoes is not fun and quite torturous. I just spent over $100 on running shoes at the beginning of track and he wore them for about 2 weeks before he declared that he hated them and they hurt his feet. Ughhhhhhh So I found last years running shoes that he did like. With the 30% off and the 20% ebates it is more reasonable than the last few pairs I have bought and these should be my last pair of running shoes to buy him. I think I spent more this week than I have in a long time so nobody tell me next time there is a good sale somewhere.

I'm going to try to get CFUs for my DD20 and DNiece20 sometime in December. Niece has a decent income (I think about 5k), student loans, utility bills and rental (at least she will next semester). She's also AU on my venerable anex gold from 1997. I think she'll be ok. DD is harder. No loans or bills and income in the 3k range. She is au on 2 of DH's chase cards with an average age of 7 years.

IIRC, my dd got the CFU with 2k or 3k income. It's since gone up but she didn't have a whole lot then. She has no bills or loans either, and Chase never asked for anything.

:sad1: :hug:

I'm with @Lain on this...I can't believe you pay for airport food, especially when you're already "paying" for PP on one or more of your CCs. Ever since I got PP, I make it a point to go to PIT a little earlier than usual just to get my fill of free food, lol. It always works out that we can either get breakfast or lunch before our flight. If PIT wasn't such a small airport, I might not be so inclined to go out of my way for PP food, but considering how small it is, it's so easy to stop in for a quick bite. And I'm never worried about missing a flight, because it only takes like 3 minutes to walk from the lounge to any departure gate. On our recent trip back from DL, we actually stopped in to the PIT PP lounge on arrival, because it was dinner time and I was NOT cooking that night after flying cross country. It was great getting a free dinner before heading home after a long trip.

It seems like the menu might be the same one all the time, as we've gotten pierogies and kielbasa too the few times we've been there. On our last trip, they didn't have bottled water anymore, just self-serve pitchers. I was bummed as I had planned on grabbing a few bottles for the plane...guess too many people were doing the same, lol. I hope it was a fluke - that they just ran out that day - and there will be bottles again for our next trip coming up in June.

It won't get looked at/approved till tomorrow morning at the earliest. Both my and DH's CIPs showed up in our biz logins the morning after we applied.

DH had bad luck at both airports today. He said it was a crazy travel day for some reason. He said he had a terrible time finding parking at PIT, never did get into the PP lounge and when he landed in Chicago he said the rental car place had a hard time finding him a car for some reason. But he did get upgraded to a one room suite at his Marriott. Bottle water was one of the main reasons he said he was going in to lounge today so he would have been pretty ticked if he did finally get in to find no water.

I’m sorry. It was incredible. I would still do it but I’m guessing had this been last year my ex would not have been pleased and my mom would not have gone.
You should still be able to cancel but I’m not 100% sure you can cancel until you are onboard.
Eta I think it’s 3 days prior to cruise departure.
The floatplane is non refundable, booked with URs. I’m considering booking a Disney option in case we don’t go on the plane.

DH had bad luck at both airports today. He said it was a crazy travel day for some reason. He said he had a terrible time finding parking at PIT, never did get into the PP lounge and when he landed in Chicago he said the rental car place had a hard time finding him a car for some reason. But he did get upgraded to a one room suite at his Marriott. Bottle water was one of the main reasons he said he was going in to lounge today so he would have been pretty ticked if he did finally get in to find no water.

Parking at PIT has been atrocious ever since they re-zoned the parking lot. They converted part of the existing "extended" parking lot to the more expensive "long-term" parking. Once extended parking lost those spots, I've found it much more difficult to find any parking spot close to the building. I've given up looping around trying to find a close spot and now just go directly to the furthest spots in the lot, and even then, it can still be difficult to find a spot.
Thinking back on the PP water situation at PIT, I don't think the lounge had water on our return dinner trip either. I wasn't specifically looking for it then, but I don't remember seeing it. It definitely wasn't there on our way out to DL, as I had to spend $2 to buy a bottle of water before our flight for the kids.

Parking at PIT has been atrocious ever since they re-zoned the parking lot. They converted part of the existing "extended" parking lot to the more expensive "long-term" parking. Once extended parking lost those spots, I've found it much more difficult to find any parking spot close to the building. I've given up looping around trying to find a close spot and now just go directly to the furthest spots in the lot, and even then, it can still be difficult to find a spot.
Thinking back on the PP water situation at PIT, I don't think the lounge had water on our return dinner trip either. I wasn't specifically looking for it then, but I don't remember seeing it. It definitely wasn't there on our way out to DL, as I had to spend $2 to buy a bottle of water before our flight for the kids.

PP lounge in Seattle only had the tiny bottles in Nov, which is better than nothing. I took them and poured them into my metal bottle since I prefer carrying it at WDW than a plastic one. I do like taking a bottle of apple juice to have in the room with my cereal though. I'll miss that in Aug unless I get a new card before then but it's such a hike from Alaska's gates it's almost not worth it especially when I generally fly red eyes and don't need food.

I do erewards surveys for SW. It does keep points from expiring.
The only reason I didn't mention this one is you have to earn so many dollars before redeeming, so it'll usually be a few surveys before you hit the lowest threshold. It does post faster once you redeem than the other but might end up with same time in, having to do multiple surveys. I like it better for actual earnings but it's less effort on the opinions one if you just need 1 point to reset the clock. If you can get into both that's the best of both worlds.

UGH!! Just a first world whine...I applied for the CIP (yes, using a Dis-support link) and I got the 30 day message and its annoying me to not have an answer. I've been calling but this is the first time I haven't been auto approved. I want it approved so I can request it be expedited. Do the biz cards ever just show up on your online account like the personal ones do? And, yes, if approved I'll DM the Diser who's referral I used.

If Chase doesn't glitch out yep, it'll show up in your biz login upon approval. I spotted mine this morning and then called to expedite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts