I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up after a week at WDW! We had a great time although it was much more crowded than I expected!

DS and I checked out the new lounge at PVD. It's pretty small but wasn't busy at all. The food was waaaayyy better than what we've experienced at the PP lounges we've been to. Unfortunately we got stuck in a ton of traffic on the way to the airport so we didn't get to spend much time in the lounge.

On our way back we went to the PP lounge at MCO. There was a waitlist when we got there, but we were called after about 20 minutes, and it was nearly empty at that point. We were pretty disappointed in the offerings this time around. Last time we were there they had packaged things like chips and granola bars in addition to the soups, etc. This time they didn't have any of that, so we just got some fruit for our kids since they have food allergies.

We did the EMM at Toy Story Land and it was a highlight of our trip. We were able to get it for nearly free since we put it on the Arrival + and then used points to erase the charge. We also upgraded our tickets to APs. We originally bought our tickets from UT and erased those charges, and then had to pay just over $400 to upgrade, which we did with discounted gcs. All in all, we ended up paying about $100 each of APs!!!

How about a fun Tuesday exercise for the greatest group on the DIS...

We often advocate for biz cards and I have my token list of “businesses” that I share - you know the list, selling on eBay, rental real estate, teaching piano, tutoring, babysitting, consulting, etc.

I know we all already have our go-to “businesses” established now, but what if our awesome group of DISchurners do this:
  • Share what your preferred business is currently for credit card apps (and/or what you’ve used often in the past)
  • Think of one other legitimate way(s) you earned some amount of money in the last year that could be considered a “business”
This could be somewhat interesting for people who are on the fence about biz cards :) I’m interested to see what creative legitimate sources of money our group has!

EDIT: repeats are ok. Original answers are awesome but don’t feel like you need a “new” answer to participate! Repeats could actually be cool to see how many of us have the same potential “business” opportunities.
My business is sewing children's clothing and baby bedding. In reality though, I hardly ever accept money as payment. I only sew for friends and family and usually I just have them pay for the cost of fabric. I make a lot of clothing as gifts, as well.

We also have a rental house and I sell a lot of my kids old clothes to a consignment store.

My business is sewing children's clothing and baby bedding. In reality though, I hardly ever accept money as payment. I only sew for friends and family and usually I just have them pay for the cost of fabric. I make a lot of clothing as gifts, as well.

We also have a rental house and I sell a lot of my kids old clothes to a consignment store.
Wait a minute. My wife consigns a lot of stuff. I guess she actually has a business!:rotfl2:

It’s been 6 hours???!!! :P :P Here I am thinking you’ve been waiting a few days based on your earlier comment LOL!! :lmao:

42a0c868fad26ccebf123244cf6da8b5.jpg

I think in addition to my 6 day wait, @Lain also had a long one once. I’m sure others have had days go by as well :) It just makes hearing “You’re Approved” that much sweeter when it finally comes around.

I'm right there with you on the waiting game. If it weren't for this being a multiple card I would have already spoken to CS to find out the status. But being I don't want extra eyes on my account I'm having to wait. So hard to sit and wait. Just called again and still 30 days which is a good sign I guess. So used to being auto approved or calling right away. I just keep telling myself the wait will be worth it as long as I'm approved!

It won't get looked at/approved till tomorrow morning at the earliest. Both my and DH's CIPs showed up in our biz logins the morning after we applied (applied late afternoon/evening, got 30 day messages, new accounts showed up the next morning before I called again to check, then when I called, the message had updated to say approved).

Lol! I'm just very impatient! I just called and low and behold APPROVED!! I just sent a request to get it expedited and now I'm going to go enter it onto my own spreadsheet (trying to be better at this).

Thank you all!

Just saw the Mods choice on Reddit. If you could have only four cards total what would they be?

For me:

Amex Gold 4x MR on groceries and dining.

Amex BBP 2x MR in everything else.

Amex Plat because they treat me like a princess.

Citi Prestige for the 4th night free and trip insurance.

We often advocate for biz cards and I have my token list of “businesses” that I share - you know the list, selling on eBay, rental real estate, teaching piano, tutoring, babysitting, consulting, etc.

I know we all already have our go-to “businesses” established now, but what if our awesome group of DISchurners do this:
  • Share what your preferred business is currently for credit card apps (and/or what you’ve used often in the past)
  • Think of one other legitimate way(s) you earned some amount of money in the last year that could be considered a “business”
This could be somewhat interesting for people who are on the fence about biz cards :) I’m interested to see what creative legitimate sources of money our group has!

EDIT: repeats are ok. Original answers are awesome but don’t feel like you need a “new” answer to participate! Repeats could actually be cool to see how many of us have the same potential “business” opportunities.
I use "retail: women's fashion" as my CC business because I sometimes sell clothes (& other miscellaneous things... but mostly clothes/accessories) on Rakuma & Mercari.

Other possibilities, from less reaching to more reaching...

Translator (legit)
Personal shopper (legit in the sense of "please buy me this" & then I earn points by buying you that)
Travel agent/tour guide (I show visiting friends around & they buy me lunch or dinner so that counts, right??)
Tech support (I hooked up my uncle's printer & he gave me a Starbucks GC)

Just saw the Mods choice on Reddit. If you could have only four cards total what would they be?

For me:

Amex Gold 4x MR on groceries and dining.

Amex BBP 2x MR in everything else.

Amex Plat because they treat me like a princess.

Citi Prestige for the 4th night free and trip insurance.
After I stopped crying... :lmao:

CSR
Amex Plat
Hilton Aspire
& CIC (which I don't even have yet, but can probably leverage long-term more than any other)

Legit seasonal rental property in FL. Short rental season but that allows us 9 mos of the year to visit whenever we can. I also rent DVC points regularly.

I have plenty of stuff to try and sell on Ebay or FB. I just have to get motivated to do so.

I like to wear the travel consultant hat too for friends and family.

YAY approved! now do I call or SM to have my card overnighted? Don't really want to have to answer questions or get my approval taken away since I have two CIPs active now.

I do have two businesses (more like hobbies since I can't find hosts right now). one is with food and the other is scrapbooking, card making, stamping, paper crafts

Lounge at MCO question....since we'll be arriving at like 10 pm and staying at the airport hyatt before hitting ME in the morning.... I need a lounge refresher for MCO....we'll be flying SWA,is there a lounge near there worth stopping into? I've used my lounge privileges exactly once....

I do lot lots of sportscasting on the side with a state-wide radio network and some television work with state and regional networks. I also do a ton of emcee work as well. And voice over work... And magazine writing/editing... And TV/radio weather forecasting... and about to jump into podcasting. So taken all together I think it is a legitimate business.

Ok got the denial letter for citi and it’s pretty generic. It just has 4 bullet points, and I don’t understand most of it.
  • commercial credit report shows insufficient credit history for one or more accounts (I don’t know what this means, what is a commercial credit report? My average credit age should be like 10 years)
  • Consumer credit report shows you have low credit limits (I have a 10K, 5K, and 10K)
  • Ratio of balances to available credit limit is too high on the commercial credit report (???)
  • Consumer credit report shows too many recent inquiries (I had 4 total over 5 months before I applied and 2 were for an auto loan that I didn’t end up even using)

Took me a while to dig up who I was discussing this with before, but here's GusGus16's chain with the same denial reasons.
(sorry @GusGus16 ! I do this in IRL too, I remember the conversation and flake on names, it's not personal!)

I haven't caught up with all the posts today, just got my denial from citi...not sure what to do as some of the reasons don't seem correct.

"-your commercial credit report shows insufficient credit history for one or more of your accounts.
-your consumer credit report shows that you have low credit limits.
-your commercial credit report shows a new account that was opened too recently.
-your consumer credit report shows too few established/open accounts."

Some of the above is just wrong in rewards to the consumer side, not sure where they are getting the "commercial" things. What would you do? I tried calling both citi numbers on the denial letter and was unable to talk with a real person, is there a recon? I don't think I did anything funny with the app, applied as sole proprietor with social, when I called in I used my social to pull up the app and it brought up the denial, so I must have entered that correctly. So far none of the credit monitoring services have notified me of an additional hard pull although they report checking equifax.

I won't be getting on the grAAvy train, called Citi, really nothing they could do but re-pull my credit, which would likely lead to the same decision. I even had pulled my equifax report because I thought there might be something wrong with that but nothing. He looked at my application and said it appears it was completed correctly. Pretty frustrated, I'm not sure it pays to try to reapply in 95 days, the agent thought a personal card may be easier to get approved, likely won't waste a slot if I can't get on the train. :badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:

ETA: I'm hoping the first denial is the hardest, trying not to take it personally!

I feel like I've seen random denials that aren't permanent, with Citi being Citi. I'm trying to search through r/churning to see if I can back that up definitively. A few other questions pop up every couple months with the same denial reasons you have that are total BS (well at least on the personal side) but no one is usually that concerned and chalk it up to just a bad stroke that they pulled a biz CR and that's really the main reason(s). The pattern that came up in my search was "businesses" or even businesses with short credit reports got those reasons. It also sounds like they don't always pull a business CR so that's where the Citi being Citi comes in and you could potentially try again and still get approved.

Thanks, that gives me some hope, I thought it was weird on the denial the "commercial credit report" vs. "consumer". Maybe I'll give it 1 more try in about 90 days.

Ok, here's one from last month, in the comments u/BleckoNeko isn't quite the same situation I don't think, but they were denied and then approved later. (used EIN on first app, SSN only for 2nd)
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/axjj87/question_thread_march_05_2019/ehv2jf6/

It reads to me like they just throw in those 4 reasons and really it's only 1 of them but they forgot to check a box or something. Or someone didn't give them a box to check, it is Citi afterall. :rolleyes: But that unpredictability/incompetence can work in your favor eventually so people put up with it. If you can live with rejection and a HP, you could try again later and see what happens.

YAY approved! now do I call or SM to have my card overnighted? Don't really want to have to answer questions or get my approval taken away since I have two CIPs active now.

I do have two businesses (more like hobbies since I can't find hosts right now). one is with food and the other is scrapbooking, card making, stamping, paper crafts
Are you our first CIP3 candidate??? :D

Previously I've used selling stuff we no longer use as my business with the occasional custom embroidery item I make someone thrown in.

I now do the Shipt thing as an independent contractor, so that works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter