I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from Amazon where do you find the deals? I've never looked because I bought it on my last laptop years ago. If I can get it so it's cheaper to do it yearly vs buying it outright I will but either way I need a deal. I won't use the skype and only use the storage I currently have for documents I want access to on my phone and laptop. I back up everything on a separate hard drive so I'm not too concerned with storage. I'm the only one that needs it too so being able to put it on multiple computers is a waste along with the skype, but if I remember correctly there's two different versions you can pay for.
$50 on Newegg right now. Price won't show until it's in your cart due to MS minimum advertised price policy.

Don't think I could even if I wanted to. It was over 5 years ago so for all I know there's a disc somewhere, I don't remember. There's a good chance I bought it with the lap top, I know I was able to reinstall it when I got the new hard drive but I don't remember how as that was over 2 years ago. It's 2013 so it still works fine I'm just not sure it would work if I could even figure it all out.

Ours was easy since we just had to search our Amazon orders. I can see where an actual disc would be harder to find. Ours was also the 2013 version.

$50 on Newegg right now. Price won't show until it's in your cart due to MS minimum advertised price policy.

I think the home/student version for 120 on amazon as a download would make more sense because I only need word and excel and in less than 3 years I'd have paid for it if I keep getting deals for 50. And I can get discounted amazon gc with my amex at staples which would save me 10%. It's also the 2019 version.

Ours was easy since we just had to search our Amazon orders. I can see where an actual disc would be harder to find. Ours was also the 2013 version.

Especially since the new laptop doesn't have a disc drive. I found my product key but I think it's for windows, it was saved by the guy that replaced my hard drive but I don't see anything in my saved emails about Office so it must have come with it even though the receipt doesn't show it did.

In a slightly unrelated note, is F5 no longer refresh in Chrome on Windows 10 or is there some weird setting I need to fix to get it to work (which I've never had to do, it's always worked, why won't it work?). Nevermind it seems the ridiculous people now require you to hit the FN key along with the F5 key in order to get the function key to do it's job. The Fn key should be for the symbols not for the actual key, oiy. Is there a way to change this?

I promise I know how to use this stuff but when they change stuff up it always throws me for a loop. I used to have a website bookmarked back when they redid Office with the windows so I could look up where stuff went until I got used to it. They just like to tweak/fix things that were working fine so they can "update" and charge more.

I think the home/student version for 120 on amazon as a download would make more sense because I only need word and excel and in less than 3 years I'd have paid for it if I keep getting deals for 50. And I can get discounted amazon gc with my amex at staples which would save me 10%. It's also the 2019 version.

Especially since the new laptop doesn't have a disc drive. I found my product key but I think it's for windows, it was saved by the guy that replaced my hard drive but I don't see anything in my saved emails about Office so it must have come with it even though the receipt doesn't show it did.

In a slightly unrelated note, is F5 no longer refresh in Chrome on Windows 10 or is there some weird setting I need to fix to get it to work (which I've never had to do, it's always worked, why won't it work?). Nevermind it seems the ridiculous people now require you to hit the FN key along with the F5 key in order to get the function key to do it's job. The Fn key should be for the symbols not for the actual key, oiy. Is there a way to change this?

I promise I know how to use this stuff but when they change stuff up it always throws me for a loop. I used to have a website bookmarked back when they redid Office with the windows so I could look up where stuff went until I got used to it. They just like to tweak/fix things that were working fine so they can "update" and charge more.

I have never used a F key in my life. Am i missing out on something? lol I just asked my DS what they were for. I didn't even know I had them, the F part is super duper tiny on my keyboard.

You didn’t try to add the Marriott offer to the Lux via the public link?

No. I didn't even know that was an option. (Hangs head in shame and looks at the shun corner...)

Thanks. DD has been selling on Poshmark so I would like to get her one. For some reason both my DDs are super reluctant. DD20 still only has the Discover and DD18 nothing! Grrrr. I’m thinking I just need to apply for them! I said would never do that to DH, but I made DDs so I think I am allowed. Haha.

My DD is the same. She got the CFU and says she is done. I'm wondering if I can find a Chase card with no FTFee that she could qualify for. Maybe then she'd get a few more URs.

I have never used a F key in my life. Am i missing out on something? lol I just asked my DS what they were for. I didn't even know I had them, the F part is super duper tiny on my keyboard.

My last job I lived in the F keys so I didn't have to use my mouse, it made things go much faster in their program. Now I just use F5 for refresh online but having to hit the Fn key and the F5 key defeats the purpose.

My husband got a CIP a week ago. My sister wants to get the same but I want to refer her. Do I have to wait to get an email from Chase to do so? Not sure how I can do so, to get my dh the extra points?

Sounds like this would work well for you - I have 4 people all getting good use out of the cloud storage, so that alone makes it worthwhile.

F5 still works in windows10 to refresh Chrome for me.

My husband got a CIP a week ago. My sister wants to get the same but I want to refer her. Do I have to wait to get an email from Chase to do so? Not sure how I can do so, to get my dh the extra points?
Just do a search on Chase refer-a-friend - enter the details of DH CIP on there and it will generate a link for you to send to your sister. Copy the link yourself - do not choose the send email option as that can take several days.

Sounds like this would work well for you - I have 4 people all getting good use out of the cloud storage, so that alone makes it worthwhile.

F5 still works in windows10 to refresh Chrome for me.

If I had someone to share it with it might make sense for another for sure. But my external hd have 1tb and the laptop has a pretty good size. I also try not to keep my pictures on the laptop forever as long as they are backed up.

I figured it out, there's a Fn lock on the Esc key and once I hit Fn Esc it locked it and put it back to normal. I kept just hitting Esc thinking that would do it not realizing it wanted me to also hit the Fn key. I've never seen anything else on an Esc key but at least it's back to normal now :)

Okay you’ve convinced me lol. Plus we looked at the crime in Madison and it gave the exact same percent as winter garden, fl which we were considering. I’m not looking into anything in depth until Dh has an offer. He does have two phone interviews on Monday though

My best friend lives in Winter Garden. Really nice. Lives in a new development at the back fence of Magic Kingdom. They love it. Best wishes and blessings on whatever path you and your family choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter