• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An update to my SIL’s situation:

Their house caught fire a second time this morning and there is even more damage to the house. My niece’s entire bedroom is ashes. They can’t walk through the house much because it isn’t safe (two story house). They were renting the house and didn’t have rental insurance so likely won’t get any kind of compensation. I texted my MIL asking if there’s anything they need so we can go out and buy it and take it down to them. There were two dogs in the house at the time but they were able to get them out safely. The worst part is my SIL’s boyfriend just started moving his stuff in yesterday before the fire. They still don’t know what started the fire
A second time?! :scared1: That is not normal. It will be interesting to see what the investigation discovers as to the cause of the fires. Sorry they are going through this.

I feel like lots of weird crappy things have been happening lately. Cars stolen, house fires... my aunt went into hospice care on Monday. Now my cousin (different family) just texted me that she hit a deer this morning head on, with her 6 month old in the car. Then the car started on fire. Totally engulfed in flames. They're okay thankfully. Just.... weird.
Sorry about your aunt. :sad1:

Oh my word!! I'm sorry about your aunt. I volunteered with hospice, and loved it. Met the loveliest people. And I'm glad your cousins are okay!
Thank you for volunteering :flower3: My grandfather went to hospice & the staff/volunteers made a very difficult time a little easier for my family.

It figures something like this would happen since I just opened 2 new cards. Today I opened my fridge and it's NOT COLD in there.:sad: First, I have to throw out all the food and then I have to go shopping for a new one. Ours is old and we are not wasting time/money on repairs. I hate everything about shopping for appliances. I know I have the MSRs to meet but I didn't really need any extra help, KWIM?

:offtopic: but I'm pretty sure there's at least one other person in here that sews. Can someone please get my grandma's voice out of my head. I'm making some ears so the fabric will never get washed therefore I don't need to wash and then iron the fabric before I start. Right? Rationally I know there's no worry of colors bleeding or something shrinking later because they'll never go in the wash but I can't get the "guilt" out of my head for not washing it first.

Sorry guys, I know most/all of you won't understand this unless you had a mom/grandma that sewed. :earsboy:
I wouldn't wash first in that case, Truthfully, even if it is clothes I know won't be worn more than once (think DCL dress for DD3) I won't even wash that first if I don't have time.

So most days on the Dis, I don’t go outside this thread. I’ve ventured to the cruise board and read there but don’t post much because there are a few very snarky people there. So I hang here more. But I just ventured out looking for a little more info on Flower and Garden since we’ll be there soon (4 days!) and found two very relevant current threads. The first about having a Landry’s Card and not needing an ADR for Yak&Yeti. Never been there and no ADRs available so a reported 5 minutes wait without an ADR, I’m in. Secondly a Flower and Garden thread which mentioned an app with menus and wishlists, etc. Already downloaded and off to play with it (instead of packing or sleeping as I should be.)

I hope you have better luck than I did. I tried to eat there 2 diff days. The lines were soooo long. If I didn't have DD3 I probably would have been more apt to way, but since it was just me and her that wasn't going to work. I did finally get the shrimp and grits (there's that trend again:goodvibes) from the Florida booth. Yum! There was oddly no line there. Guess it wasn't exotic enough.

Hmm I’ll keep checking to see if the points post soon. I can’t find a chat anywhere on their site or my account
I don't know if this helps but I met my Capital One Spark threshold on 3/18. Paid the balance on 3/19 and I see the points this morning.
I've never been able to message Capital One, always have called.

I'm so excited. We found a house and they accepted our offer! It has a few more projects than we originally wanted but that just means more credit card points :goodvibes I will be so ready to get a new card after we close. We've been purposefully going slow in anticipation of buying a house and it's killing me not to be working on an MSR.
Congrats! And I know the feeling on no cc apps....so hard!

An update to my SIL’s situation:

Their house caught fire a second time this morning and there is even more damage to the house. My niece’s entire bedroom is ashes. They can’t walk through the house much because it isn’t safe (two story house). They were renting the house and didn’t have rental insurance so likely won’t get any kind of compensation. I texted my MIL asking if there’s anything they need so we can go out and buy it and take it down to them. There were two dogs in the house at the time but they were able to get them out safely. The worst part is my SIL’s boyfriend just started moving his stuff in yesterday before the fire. They still don’t know what started the fire
oh my gosh. What in the world?!? That is just awful.

So most days on the Dis, I don’t go outside this thread. I’ve ventured to the cruise board and read there but don’t post much because there are a few very snarky people there. So I hang here more. But I just ventured out looking for a little more info on Flower and Garden since we’ll be there soon (4 days!) and found two very relevant current threads. The first about having a Landry’s Card and not needing an ADR for Yak&Yeti. Never been there and no ADRs available so a reported 5 minutes wait without an ADR, I’m in. Secondly a Flower and Garden thread which mentioned an app with menus and wishlists, etc. Already downloaded and off to play with it (instead of packing or sleeping as I should be.)
I can confirm for Yak and Yeti. My DD3 fell asleep before our Rainforest Cafe ressie. I was going to use my RC gift card there, but since she was sleeping I preferred to eat at Yak and Yeti. We walked in to see if we could get a table and waited 10 minutes tops!

I should probably know the answer to this, but how long does it take for the Chase Hyatt bonus points to post? It's showing my husband earned the 40k bonus on his statement dated March 8 (along with regular spend points), but the points haven't shown up in his Hyatt account yet. His account shows points posted from regular spend dated Jan 8 and Feb 8. I wasn't checking at that point though so I don't know how long after statement close they actually showed up.

We are planning to use the points to book a trip to Omaha in May for niece's high school graduation. Yeah this was a late hatched plan. There is still availability, I'm not too worried about it, but would like to get it booked.

One off question - "word on the street" (office chatter really) is that if you carry both the corporate AMEX and a personal AMEX that you can pay a one time payment to AMEX of $100 (or around that price) to transfer your corporate points to your personal card. I figured that if anyone in this world knew that this was true, it'd be you guys on the i love credit cards so much V2 board!! Thanks for any info that you have!

Pei is killing me. I definitely switch to Lyft after Uber credits are gone now because of the surprising $2 back through Pei. I had 200 points pending for over a week, then they just vanished this morning. I guess Lyft doesn't count anymore either?

I'm sitting just over $14, and with the cashout threshold beginning at $15, my tinfoil hat theory is they're dragging this thing out as long as possible.
I don't uber, but DD does and the credit card is linked to my Pei. I get 200 points for her Ubers. That is $2 right?

Back in late Feb it was mentioned on here to see if your May FP bookings opened early. I quickly checked, b/c I was busy at the time, and didn't see mine open, and promptly forgot about it. Fast forward to yesterday, I find the thread on TP forum about it and try again. It worked! Apparently, it didn't work before, b/c I had the march trip and you have to call a help desk to over ride some issue if you are an AP with 2 upcoming trips in 60 days. Well now that the march trip is over it worked and I booked my FP for May a few days before my official window. I got everything on a perfect schedule, as was even able to add my parents and boys...who are non AP. It took a lot of tries and probably over an hour, but I got it all to go through eventually. Whoohooo! Just a PSA for those of you whose dates are within the next 75 days...apparently that is the window. Give it a few tries if you don't succeed at first.

Oh and in other news, chase did my CL decreases yesterday so I went from over $90k down to $42k or something. So now how long should I wait to app for CIP 2? I could pay balances to $0 to force it to report to my CRs if that helps. Maybe do that today and app on Fri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter