I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one’s said it yet so I’ll throw it out there, Kentucky all the way!

On another note, our printer died today so I went to CVS and bought a Best Buy gift card on my Chase Freedom to get 5x points.

I tried buying some gift cards at CVS last week and my card was denied. I called Chase and they told me they thought it was fraud because the card is less than 30 days old.

Today the card was denied again and I had to wait for a senior operator for 20 minutes. He basically said the exact same thing. I’m not sure if this is a CVS specific issue as I have no problem using it anywhere else. It’s only when I try to buy @ CVS. Any thoughts?

An update to my SIL’s situation:

Their house caught fire a second time this morning and there is even more damage to the house. My niece’s entire bedroom is ashes. They can’t walk through the house much because it isn’t safe (two story house). They were renting the house and didn’t have rental insurance so likely won’t get any kind of compensation. I texted my MIL asking if there’s anything they need so we can go out and buy it and take it down to them. There were two dogs in the house at the time but they were able to get them out safely. The worst part is my SIL’s boyfriend just started moving his stuff in yesterday before the fire. They still don’t know what started the fire
Wow - what a very devastating situation. I’ll pray for the family!

IF you would just be using a DISchurner support link...you have a decision to make. You could just take the 60k public offer and pay the AF and come out slightly ahead. OR you could use a DISchurner link, get the 50k with no AF, and attempt for a match. 60k with no AF would be a real win there ($100-$150 depending on how you value URs) BUT there's a risk you get no match and you come out $5 behind in cash or $30-$55 behind if you value URs at 1.25-1.5cpp.

with TPG getting a referral link for the 60k, i have a feeling 60k will be available for support links coming soon.

with TPG getting a referral link for the 60k, i have a feeling 60k will be available for support links coming soon.
Good point - adds another wrinkle (especially for those with a support link from a spouse). Of course that would require you to pay the annual fee where the match idea is like “having your cake and eating it too” since you can potentially get all the points AND avoid the AF.

It also is worth pointing out that people doing a modified double dip may not want to request any match to avoid “eyes” on your account. Lots to consider right now if you’re going for a CSP :)

Yes to both! I already booked 6 nights at Hard Rock with most of my CIP bonus points - DH is a musician so of course we HAD to stay there. He gets antsy when he is away from a bass guitar for too long. And I was waiting until the second Sapphire bonus posted to get our tickets, which worked out great since Universal just announced a buy 2 days, get 3 free ticket promo. We'll be doing the 3-park, park to park passes since we didn't get to do Volcano Bay last time.

I know it's maybe not the most amazing cpp redemption (so don't tell reddit, lol) but honestly this is the vacation we want to take, and you can't beat free!

Sounds awesome and is a great redemption. Got some tickets myself last month and upgraded to AP :)

A seasonal pass should be ~$80/person for 3 park if you want to upgrade on your last day.

TPG doesn’t get referral links, they get affiliate links. AKA: cold hard cash. It’s apples and oranges and why bloggers can’t be trusted to give the best advice ever. You’re the product and the banks are the customers.

If that’s a recent application that seems odd for them to say that. I’d HUCA on that.

Regarding the referral - he should just give you his password. This is why I just manage all the accounts LOL! :rotfl2:

I set up all of our accounts as well...DH has no interest in any of it...just watches to make sure his credit score doesn’t go down...lol

So most days on the Dis, I don’t go outside this thread. I’ve ventured to the cruise board and read there but don’t post much because there are a few very snarky people there. So I hang here more. But I just ventured out looking for a little more info on Flower and Garden since we’ll be there soon (4 days!) and found two very relevant current threads. The first about having a Landry’s Card and not needing an ADR for Yak&Yeti. Never been there and no ADRs available so a reported 5 minutes wait without an ADR, I’m in. Secondly a Flower and Garden thread which mentioned an app with menus and wishlists, etc. Already downloaded and off to play with it (instead of packing or sleeping as I should be.)

Have a great time...on our trip to Orlando last week we visited Epcot while my son worked....if you are an annual passholder can pick up a free flower and garden magnet

I'm so excited. We found a house and they accepted our offer! It has a few more projects than we originally wanted but that just means more credit card points :goodvibes I will be so ready to get a new card after we close. We've been purposefully going slow in anticipation of buying a house and it's killing me not to be working on an MSR.

Congrats..that’s so exciting!!

Pei is killing me. I definitely switch to Lyft after Uber credits are gone now because of the surprising $2 back through Pei. I had 200 points pending for over a week, then they just vanished this morning. I guess Lyft doesn't count anymore either?

I'm sitting just over $14, and with the cashout threshold beginning at $15, my tinfoil hat theory is they're dragging this thing out as long as possible.

I’m pretty sure I recall @calypso726 mentioning a route to Hawaii with lie flat seats. Maybe she or @Lain or @Albort can help. They are great with the flights/routes available

I've flown lie flat first ORD - HNL via United. Believe it was a Dreamliner. This is a seasonal route. We typically go in January but I believe I read that United was keeping at least 1 lie flat option permanent from Chicago. @MrPTato should look into this if interested in a positioning flight.

Well yesterday was fun. My minivan was stolen sometime Monday night right out of the driveway! They broke into my husband’s car too and our best guess is that they found the spare key in his console because it’s not in its usual place in the kitchen drawer (and yes DH feels terrible about that and learned a lesson). Who steals a 10 year old minivan with 3 crumb laden car seats? We are used-car-drive-them-till-they-die people so here’s hoping they find her somewhere in decent enough shape. Buying a new car was not in the churning plan.

Well yesterday was fun. My minivan was stolen sometime Monday night right out of the driveway! They broke into my husband’s car too and our best guess is that they found the spare key in his console because it’s not in its usual place in the kitchen drawer (and yes DH feels terrible about that and learned a lesson). Who steals a 10 year old minivan with 3 crumb laden car seats? We are used-car-drive-them-till-they-die people so here’s hoping they find her somewhere in decent enough shape. Buying a new car was not in the churning plan.
That's awful. I hope your car is found.

Oh no! i hope they find it. Crazy what people do :(

Absolutely. Do you mean her getting the AMEX Bonvoy or Chase? Either way; she needs to cancel her existing card and then open up the new one.

Follow-up, do you have the new Bonvoy card? If so, make sure to refer.

Yes, I have the amex bonvoy, just got it. So I will refer her. I will have her cancel her Marriott rewards card today. Do you know how long she would have to wait before she applies for the bonvoy after she cancels her regular Marriott card? I hope she won't lose any points she may have, even though I don't think its a lot.

Last edited:

We have a 15 year old Toyota Sienna minivan, so I can relate. That is surprising that they stole that. In my area the BMWs and Mercedes are the cars that are usually targeted.

Yes, I have the amex bonvoy, just got it. So I will refer her. I will have her cancel her Marriott rewards card today. Do you know how long she would have to wait before she applies for the bonvoy after she cancels her regular Marriott card? I hope she won't lose any points she may have, even though I don't think its a lot.

Is she applying for the same card she has ? If so I believe I’ve read to wait 30 days...but I’ve also read it’s not necessary :confused3

The points are in her Marriott account so she will not lose them

OMG, that is terrible! I am bad and keep my keys in my van. The van is in the garage, which is usually shut. Though there have been several mornings where we wake up and realize we forgot to shut the garage doors. I just think I am glad nobody wants an old van! DH keeps extra beer in the garage, so that is the first thing he checks on when we accidentally leave it open. :rotfl:

Oh no...I hope it’s found soon

That's terrible. So sorry. People can be awful. Hope it is found in decent condition.

We have a 15 year old Toyota Sienna minivan, so I can relate. That is surprising that they stole that. In my area the BMWs and Mercedes are the cars that are usually targeted.
In my area it was always luxury cars, Toyota Corollas or Honda Civics. Nothing in between. Definitely not a 15yo family minivan with three car seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter