I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Keys to the Kingdom has a minimum age of 16. Its a great tour and usually includes lunch and a special pin.

@speedyfishy I would do Keys to the Kingdom at MK just for the utilidors! But we are doing the Epcot one first part of April that also has the 16 age requirement as there is a backstage portion. I will report back. You should call now and book both...

Has anyone been to the Baltimore Aquarium recently? Are there ever any discounted tickets? DH and I are thinking about using my Marriott free night and spending the night in Baltimore. It's been a looooong time since I've been to the aquarium, so we're thinking of doing that and going over to National Harbor for some shopping and whatnot.
Playing catch up again...haven’t been in a while but they used to offer discounts for after 5 on fridays. Worth a check to see if they still do that. We didn’t spend to long there last time. Kids got bored quick. We enjoy going to dc over the aquarium. Baltimore zoo is nice as well.

We’re expecting 3-7” in MD tomorrow followed by sleet/ice and then rain at 6 pm. Thurs is supposed to be 50 degrees. One of the counties has already announced their closure. I am sure ours is coming which puts the last day of school at 6/18 now. We leave 6/19 for FL so although I might make DS’s final day 6/15. Just crazy!
Ours closed schools at 8 pm last night for today. We were expecting to get 2-4”. Well our house got a whopping 1/2” of snow and lots of rain. What a waste of a snow day.

:offtopic:
How does everyone like to pack their toiletries? Any special organizer bags or anything? I use an old free makeup bag right now, like a 6x9x3 rectangle, but am tired of it because I'm always digging in it (I also have trouble separating out the stuff I need the first night since it's usually late like contact case etc vs stuff needed the next day that could wait).

I do like those skinny long cosmetic bags for socks :D

I've got so many different bags I've had to ban myself from buying more, now if I could just do that with notebooks/journals I'd be good. I think I could go the rest of my life without buying any.

I generally pack all of my toiletry stuff in my carry on because I don't want it to get lost so liquids are obviously in my zipper bag from Sephora then I separate the rest. I have a couple of Lily from Target bags I use, one is a small clam shaped one that I generally put my makeup in so it's all handy and together. The other is rectangular and has two sides so it's almost like 2 bags in one. Its probably 7 or 8 inches long and 4 to 5 wide and the same tall. I can fit a lot in it. So one side will have hair type stuff and the other my toothbrush, contact case etc. This way worst case all I need is this bag, the zipper one and my face wipes from my suitcase and I'm good for the night.

Now to get more confusing and bore the guys even more, if I'm flying a red eye I'll mix it up even more and and use a small zipper pouch bag to put what I need just for getting back to "normal" after the flight. But that's really only if I'm going to try and do it during a connection, if I wait til my destination airport or the lobby bathroom at Pop then I just use the two bags and don't care what people think. Just because it's 6 or 8 am doesn't mean I just got here to take my flight and couldn't get ready, I just got off my flight people so I will brush my teeth etc in the airport bathroom :) Much better than the airplane bathroom.

I've looked at those hanging ones but for me they'd take up way too much room and I'm very much a counter person, I want my stuff out or at least in the bag on the counter not hanging off somewhere. If I don't need quicker access then I'll combine my makeup with the hair stuff in the one bag, hair stuff being my comb, rubber bands, bobby pins etc, my brush and product go elsewhere.

Just catching up after another long day of work. I read every post, but do not see it mentioned. Has anyone else received a Chase offer for Michaels 10% off up to $5.00? Does anyone know if you can use a CC to buy GCs at Michaels? I feel like I remember a time a friend tried to buy one as an honest gift and was told no CCs. Not sure if its on a store by store basis or a Michaels POS thing.

Finally caught up and it lost all my quotes...so now I will just remember the best I can.

@vanjust14 I am actually in trial this week (as prosecutor) and sadly I really think that even when cases should be technically exciting and interesting from the jurors perspective they really are not. I think our other attorneys would probably agree. This jury is pretty good and managing to stay awake, but even still I can tell they are like “let’s just push through and get this done!” Even when counsel is working to get it done there is a lot of waiting for jurors. A lot.

@PolyRob I also had the Michaels offer. But no idea on gift cards with credit cards. It sounds like maybe a store thing?

@Lain I saw that pop up on Twitter about the January 31st glitch fixed and immediately thought of you. I am so happy your points posted! Fingers crossed that was just a glitch and you are still good with Amex.

My 20,000 referral bonus for the BBP that I applied for on Monday for DH posted this afternoon. I am still in slight shock we did not have the pop up but even if no bonus at least I got the 20k. It is way too soon to think he might be out of the pop up woods but I can’t help hoping.

Looking at the balance today of my MR’s shows 315,824! Last year at this time I had zero. So thank you so much everyone for all the help. I might end up just sending them all to Delta SkyMiles but that will be a redemption that works for us. But for now I am just enjoying such a big balance! :)

Just catching up after another long day of work. I read every post, but do not see it mentioned. Has anyone else received a Chase offer for Michaels 10% off up to $5.00? Does anyone know if you can use a CC to buy GCs at Michaels? I feel like I remember a time a friend tried to buy one as an honest gift and was told no CCs. Not sure if its on a store by store basis or a Michaels POS thing.

Could have used that last week :) I've never seen 3rd party gc at either of the Michael's by me. Does yours have them?

Also happy to see 10% at starbucks even if it is my cfu, better than the 5% on my csp.

:offtopic:
How does everyone like to pack their toiletries? Any special organizer bags or anything? I use an old free makeup bag right now, like a 6x9x3 rectangle, but am tired of it because I'm always digging in it (I also have trouble separating out the stuff I need the first night since it's usually late like contact case etc vs stuff needed the next day that could wait).

I do like those skinny long cosmetic bags for socks :D

We use gallon size ziplock bags. Prevents leakage and we toss them after our trip. Not fun and/or fancy but it works.

0 for 2 . . . called Citi after I was approved. Wanted to get my card expedited, but apparently they don't do that. Also was trying to figure out why the error message when trying to login. Rep said I had to wait till the card was received. Is that correct? Rep seemed pretty clueless. I want to setup my online account so that I can send a SM asking for the match.

AND apparently I can fly first class from the D.C. area for only 30k AA miles to Anchorage! Pretty psyched about that!

I really wanted to use these AA miles to fly in first somewhere abroad, but I can’t resist Disney. And even DISNEYLAND hotels are there. I can’t wait to stay at the Grand Californian again. Idk if I want to hate you for telling me or love you for telling me. lol

I feel the same way.

Somewhat related note...They also have a BookAAcruises.com site...Don't get excited about it though. You CANNOT use AA miles to book a cruise from what I can see. I actually called that number earlier today to see if that was an option. Aside from hotels and cars (and the terrible gift card option) does anybody have any other uses for AA Miles besides flying? I know it seems odd but AA Miles are pretty easy to earn with multiple biz cards available and some of us just don't need them to fly.

So sad. I need to find a way to pay for a Disney cruise other than cash. :(

If DL hotels are on there then we might need to get an AA card. Dh has been asking about going to DL for awhile now. He wants to pair it with our Japan trip, but we will already be gone for 3 weeks and I would want to do DL justice.

They are. I looked them up this afternoon. I do think it makes sense to check out DL if you're going to be in LA anyway, but I get what you're saying about making it a longer trip.

One comment should be made about the Graavy Train - it seems incredibly overdue for a shut down. I can't imagine that it will last too much longer, and the train wreck will undoubtedly come sooner once we all climb aboard. It's something to consider when making your plans.

I've been thinking the same thing. They will wait until I board, though, and that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

watching the most recent shut downs, your Graavy train will most likely hurt your Chase accounts. Amex will probably FR you for a sudden spike but i have yet to see any one shut down from the FR as long as u prove yourself.
Chase however it seems like a different story. the past 2 shutdown that was posted here are triggered by a random big spendings... theres also another one i saw on a facebook group with similar characteristics where she made a very big purchase on a hyatt card and was shut down.

so that going forward, id say no big purchases out of the blue with chase if your on the train. if u have big purchases, probably best to put on other cards or a card u spend similar amounts...

disclaimer: this is my 2 cents and may not be accurate.

I'm sorry - I'm tired and confused. Are you saying that Chase is shutting down people who are getting Citi cards? Or shutting down people for making large purchases? I just put a pretty hefty one on my Hyatt last week. Isn't that what they want? For me to spend on my new card? If not, I know Amex would be happy to deal with my large transactions. I think I'm missing something here.

Amex glitch from 1/31/19 fixed; points and bonuses posting!

Sure enough, I just checked my MR account and see the missing 50k from my BGR SUB has posted! I guess I wasn’t on Amex’s naughty list (yet).

Congratulations! :cheer2: Sending you a cheerleader since you said we shouldn't celebrate until the points posted. Glad you're not on the naughty list.

Unfortunately beyond the occasional referral, I’m not sure there’s enough income to actually charge a fee. If I helped somebody hatch a great year 1 plan with about 5-6 cards from Chase maybe they’d get $3k-$5k in Rewards. I could probably generate $400-$600 in referral value there. I think @gottalovepluto summed a lot of my thoughts up well, but in general, I would struggle to ask for any more than a referral from somebody I was helping.

This has also come up on r/churning before and most people are skeptical of anybody who says they’re doing this (as in they probably don’t have their “customer’s” best interests in mind in many cases).

I feel the same way. I'm not anywhere near being able to advise people with this (or at least not at a point where I consider myself good at it). But I have friends who have asked for help with Disney trips (the parks part, not booking the trip) and college stuff (I did a ton of research a few years ago) and I just help them for free. I don't feel comfortable taking money from people. The most I've done is band together with a couple of Disney pals and donate our Disney planning service to a school auction. Someone did buy it and was grateful for our advice, but we didn't get any money.

IIRC, JetBlue flies out of International Terminal A. The Priority Pass that comes with your CSR and Platinum cards gives you access to the Air France/KLM Lounge in International Terminal A: https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/usa/san-francisco-ca-intl/sfo11-air-france---klm-lounge

However, our experience has been that this lounge often has a sign up that they are full or open only to Air France/KLM passengers when we try to access it, and have been told to try back in 30 minutes or whatever. Bad timing, I guess. Last December, we were able to get in right when the lounge opened at 7:15 a.m., and we got to spend about 40 minutes there and got a bite to eat before our morning flight to HNL on Hawaiian. There was a short line that had formed waiting for the doors to open. The backside of the lounge filled up about halfway while we were there. It was alright -- better than waiting at the gate -- but the food was forgettable and it was no Centurion Lounge.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking. We had no issue getting into the lounge since we were on AF, but it was crowded and not as nice, as you say. We may have to just sit in the boarding area "like a peasant" this time, which is kind of ironic since we aren't flying in coach seats.

I've looked at those hanging ones but for me they'd take up way too much room and I'm very much a counter person, I want my stuff out or at least in the bag on the counter not hanging off somewhere. If I don't need quicker access then I'll combine my makeup with the hair stuff in the one bag, hair stuff being my comb, rubber bands, bobby pins etc, my brush and product go elsewhere.

We have one of those from Eagle Creek. We've had it for a long time, but don't always travel with it. It does come in handy on cruises, where there is little if any counter space. It tends to go with us on longer trips, but not on the shorter ones. It's kind of big (even though we have a small one) and we only travel with carry ons, so it often makes more sense to split things up more.

So caught up and I don’t remember seeing this but I could have missed it.

Marriott is doing a double night credit through May. Signed up but then it’s not showing on the app but on the website it shows up. This will be great it it does work.

Also the spg lux gold status does this count towards the lifetime status years?

Could have used that last week :) I've never seen 3rd party gc at either of the Michael's by me. Does yours have them?

Also happy to see 10% at starbucks even if it is my cfu, better than the 5% on my csp.
I have three Michaels I typically go to and I know one definitely has a GC wall by the checkout lanes. I can't remember if it carries Disney, but I figured it would be worth picking one up if it did.

I got the Starbucks on my CSP. I think its the 10% as well. I still have a nice Starbucks stash from the Chase Pay promo combined with a Starbucks reload bonus so I am going to wait and see if there is any other promo that will stack before I reload.

Mine definitely has 3rd party gift cards. Might be worth a try.

Finally caught up and it lost all my quotes...so now I will just remember the best I can.

@vanjust14 I am actually in trial this week (as prosecutor) and sadly I really think that even when cases should be technically exciting and interesting from the jurors perspective they really are not. I think our other attorneys would probably agree. This jury is pretty good and managing to stay awake, but even still I can tell they are like “let’s just push through and get this done!” Even when counsel is working to get it done there is a lot of waiting for jurors. A lot.
I've always been interested in law, and considered being a lawyer at one point. Admirable to me that you are a prosecutor. I'm sure I'm totally sensationalizing it and just assuming it would be like TV, ha. Maybe once I get it out of my system I won't like it but it just intrigues me. Totally understand that most just want to get it over with though.

Turns out schools were probably right to close here. The metro area is over 9inches today.
Dh thinks we got about 9 here as well. The recycling truck didn’t end up coming until around 8 pm to empty our can. We thought maybe they just weren’t coming for the day

We have the offer too but I’m not sure about getting GCs with CCs.

I have three Michaels I typically go to and I know one definitely has a GC wall by the checkout lanes. I can't remember if it carries Disney, but I figured it would be worth picking one up if it did.

I got the Starbucks on my CSP. I think its the 10% as well. I still have a nice Starbucks stash from the Chase Pay promo combined with a Starbucks reload bonus so I am going to wait and see if there is any other promo that will stack before I reload.
Darn we were just out by our michaels today. We might have to run back out and see if they’ll let us use our cc to get gcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter