I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a bit of FOMO with all the AA miles talk. I was thinking in jumping in to collect miles to fly bussiness to Brazil but now I am thinking maybe we can get a “last minute” (my Disney trips are usually planed at least 1 year ahead) for the Summer as I see a lot of Disney hotel available.
For the dates I have plug in both Bay lake tower and Comtemporary is one better than the other?

Now that you've had a taste of Twitter Power there is no going back! Have you gotten an airline to fix something via DM yet? That is a sweet rush of accomplishment! (which is ridiculous because they only ever have to fix what they broke but still :) )
My name was misspelled on my SW ticket Tweeted at them, they asked for info via DM. Bam. Done in 5minutes, error fixed.

Having a bit of FOMO with all the AA miles talk. I was thinking in jumping in to collect miles to fly bussiness to Brazil but now I am thinking maybe we can get a “last minute” (my Disney trips are usually planed at least 1 year ahead) for the Summer as I see a lot of Disney hotel available.
For the dates I have plug in both Bay lake tower and Comtemporary is one better than the other?
The one that costs less is the one I would pick

Contemporary tends to be a bit cheaper since Bay Lake are all villas. It may be hard to get the points in place by this summer unless you can meet the spends really fast.

I’ve only stayed in blt with Dvc. If it costs the same I’d do blt. Better chance of a nicer view plus you’d get balcony. Not sure what contemporary offers

Swa you can use a gc to pay fees right? Thinking I should go to bb to buy some gc to save a little bit more vs using the cip. Any reason I shouldn’t use gc for the taxes and fees vs cip?

Applied for the Barclay AA biz. Says they are gonna call me for additional info :scared1: This is the one thing I really dislike about Barclay. They like to do everything over the phone. Um, no thanks...please just text or email...

ETA: Email says they will let me know within 10 days. That seems like a bad sign.

Last edited:
Just catching up after another long day of work. I read every post, but do not see it mentioned. Has anyone else received a Chase offer for Michaels 10% off up to $5.00? Does anyone know if you can use a CC to buy GCs at Michaels? I feel like I remember a time a friend tried to buy one as an honest gift and was told no CCs. Not sure if its on a store by store basis or a Michaels POS thing.

It's not a POS thing, we can buy with CC .and last time this offer rolled around someone on the GC thread used it on Disney. So fingers crossed your store isn't mean to you :)

Applied for the Barclay AA biz. Says they are gonna call me for additional info :scared1: This is the one thing I really dislike about Barclay. They like to do everything over the phone. Um, no thanks...please just text or email...

ETA: Email says they will let me know within 10 days. That seems like a bad sign.
I think others have gotten that card before. Anybody have any thoughts there? Are Barclays biz cards hard to get?

I think others have gotten that card before. Anybody have any thoughts there? Are Barclays biz cards hard to get?
Googling gets really mixed results. Some say they got it with 6 new cards in the last couple months and others say denied for having 3 cards that year. Barclay seems hard to judge how they are gonna go.

If it's a no-go, I'll recon. I think I'm brave enough to. By golly, I'm booking people for Disney. Surely that is a legit business and can justify needing a biz card! I just hate talking to them. They ask you about cards with other banks, like it's any of their business :crazy2:

Maybe time to get dh on the train.

I told my dh about the 'grAAvy train' tonight. Even though I already have an AA card, I never told him about all that. He got so excited thinking we could get enough points to stay at YC for part of our stay. It'd be over dd16's b-day which would be really special for her too. He said, "You don't need my approval for anything. Just do whatever you need to do." And then he said the magical words..."Thank you for doing this for our family. I'm so proud of you". Sigh :love:

I told my dh about the 'grAAvy train' tonight. Even though I already have an AA card, I never told him about all that. He got so excited thinking we could get enough points to stay at YC for part of our stay. It'd be over dd16's b-day which would be really special for her too. He said, "You don't need my approval for anything. Just do whatever you need to do." And then he said the magical words..."Thank you for doing this for our family. I'm so proud of you". Sigh :love:
Aww! How sweet :)

It's funny...if this were Chase, I wouldn't care at all about going pending. But it's Citi...and my only "pending" experience with Citi was a denial due to inquiries so now I'm worried, lol!
Right. My citi was instantly approved. I guess i thought the citi cards were all easy to get. hence, the whole train thing....My arrival+ went pending but I never got a 10-day notice so thinking that is denial.

It's funny...if this were Chase, I wouldn't care at all about going pending. But it's Citi...and my only "pending" experience with Citi was a denial due to inquiries so now I'm worried, lol!

How many inquiries were a problem for Citi? Wondering if that is what happened with my denied app - the recon guy couldn’t tell me what the problem was when I called and said to call tomorrow. But I’m impatient...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter