I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the parking but I am so excited to try this resort sometime. It looks great and I think my kids would love it. I considered booking it when I go down in Feb to get my dd set up down there but I think we will be too busy doing stuff for my dd to really enjoy all they have to offer.
I just looked it up and it does seem nice! I mapped it to where DD is planning to live and it isn't particularly close, though, so I don't think it will work for her move in trip.

I'm probably being over cautious, but anyone else have second thoughts about enrolling in Rakuten's program with AMEX to receive MRs? I don't love the idea of giving them my AMEX password and usually draw the line at that, but this one is tempting.
its a one time token I wouldn't worry about it it seems to be one way too (deposit only) from what I've looked into. I am too overly cautious. but I'm not worried about this.. but I wasn't worried about Equifax either lol

Just caught up here. It’s been an emotional roller coaster of a week for me. My grandmother passed away and the funeral was yesterday. It wasn’t a surprise and we’d been waiting for her suffering to come to an end for a very long time now. I told my family I was going to cancel our weekend trip to DLR and they all insisted that I don’t do that. So, now I’m sitting at the Centurion lounge waiting on our flight. This weekend is our 23rd wedding anniversary and we are traveling with friends. I’m looking forward to the distraction.

@SouthFayetteFan - I am sorry I didn’t realize we posted the same video. I didn’t make the Dear Theodosia/ Dear Baby Yoda connect. Continue to post. You must. Please. 😊 Congratulations on your 50k likes! You totally deserve them and more.

@tink1970 - You don’t like musicals?! *GASP!* I feel so lost and alone now.

I live in Florida in a 2100 sq 3/2 and wish we had basements. That’s like getting a bonus house!
I’m sorry about your grandma. It sounds like you were all ready for it though, including her. It’s almost better that way. Hopefully your trip to DL will be a nice distraction.

We’ve only lived in Florida since June and I miss basements so badly. Hardly anyone parks in their garages here because they use it for storage.

@calypso726 I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. :grouphug: Grandparents are so special and I know I had a very hard time letting go, even when mine were ready to go. Safe travels - I hope you have a good anniversary trip.

@Haley R - Basin/Basin White at WDW sells nice shower bombs (they are really big, and I actually get 2-3 showers out of them) but of course they aren't cheap. Our local CVS, however, sells smaller ones, and they really aren't all that expensive. I get them because they really help when I'm sick and congested and can't get to an actual steam room, but they are really quite nice all of the time. I agree with the comfy PJs or comfy sweats/yoga pants or whatever you'd like to wear around the house. Parenting books also were something I enjoyed reading.
I might need to run by CVS and try some of these shower bombs or get some on amazon. I’ve really missed taking baths. It’s just not enjoyable to get into a lukewarm bath that stays warm for 10-20 minutes

Speaking of houses, I just met the MSR for my CIP paying the permit fees for our home addition. They were $10k so I actually split it with the Amex Plat although I should have brought my Citi AA and made a dent in the 50k miles I need. I have no cards that give better than 1X on regular spend so I also think I need to plan out a card for home expenses.
We are 6 people in a a 3/2, 1600sf house. That includes the garage which has been converted to the third bedroom. The addition will reclaim the garage and we will end up with 2400sf. It feels huge! I’m really nervous about the construction, moving to my parents house, being displaced, the $$$ but my boys take so much space we just don’t fit. We looked into moving but Miami real Estate is illogical and ridiculously priced.

I just looked it up and it does seem nice! I mapped it to where DD is planning to live and it isn't particularly close, though, so I don't think it will work for her move in trip.
Have you found a place to stay for when you take her down? I'm struggling to find anything for the first two nights. I was able to get ASMo for $78 night for the last nights but the first two are $$$$. No values available and mods are way more than I'm willing to pay for a mod. I might redeem a couple of FNC's for the Marriott Village since my dd will be right there in the DCP housing.

We’ve only lived in Florida since June and I miss basements so badly. Hardly anyone parks in their garages here because they use it for storage.
Definitely. It's what they do in TX too. Having grown up in TX, I still remember the first time I went in a house here in CO with a basement. I was gobsmacked lol! Who knew such an amazing thing existed!?

Definitely. It's what they do in TX too. Having grown up in TX, I still remember the first time I went in a house here in CO with a basement. I was gobsmacked lol! Who knew such an amazing thing existed!?
I grew up in Georgia and we had a huge finished basement. Our house here is technically bigger than the one we moved from in Iowa but somehow having the finished basement there made it seem a lot bigger

We had our 20 week ultrasound today! Everything looked good; all measurements were normal and heartbeat was 140. She put the print out in an envelope so we couldn’t see the gender. I wanna peek so bad but I won’t. The baby’s legs were all the way up by its head and she kept saying how cute it was. I was like “mhm...” lol.

Well there’s a potential Christmas gift. An Instant Pot can slow cook, pressure cook (fast) or act as rice cooker. Multipurpose
I'll be honest...I love my slow cookers (yes, I have more than one) and I use them often. Because I'm home typically earlier in the day doing school, I prep the meal and then put it in the crock pot so we have dinner even on crazy evenings. I got an IP two years ago and I've just not fallen in love with it. I want to though. Is there a website you recommend or something that is helpful? I want it to be as easy as my crock pot but it seems anything but to me. The few times I have used it, it just seems like a lot of work and I know I'm missing something.

We had our 20 week ultrasound today! Everything looked good; all measurements were normal and heartbeat was 140. She put the print out in an envelope so we couldn’t see the gender. I wanna peek so bad but I won’t. The baby’s legs were all the way up by its head and she kept saying how cute it was. I was like “mhm...” lol.
When do we get to know!?! :lovestruc

I'm glad baby is healthy!!! That is a great HB! Right on the cusp of boy and girl lol!

Last edited:
I'll be honest...I love my slow cookers (yes, I have more than one) and I use them often. Because I'm home typically earlier in the day doing school, I prep the meal and then put it in the crock pot so we have dinner even on crazy evenings. I got an IP two years ago and I've just not fallen in love with it. I want to though. Is there a website you recommend or something that is helpful? I want it to be as easy as my crock pot but it seems anything but to me. The few times I have used it, it just seems like a lot of work and I know I'm missing something.
I’d like to know too. I’ve been using all recipes and it’s been great. Dh likes it because it shows up on his app he’s using to track his calories. I like it because the crock pot recipes are sooo easy

This was the lowest the heart rate has been. I think before it was 144 and 146 or something like that.
I think it's not uncommon for it to slow a bit as the baby gets bigger but I could be remembering wrong. The HB thing for gender is more wive's tale than scientific but it's fun to speculate. Our dd19 always was around 140 and was a girl and our ds8 was always way high but was a boy.

My mom thought I was a boy based on HB. She only picked out a boy's name - Stephen Michael - and only had a boy's going home outfit. She had to pick a girl's name on the fly and my grandma run out and buy some pink clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!