• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link still works to purchase Disney tickets with UR. I got 2 more yesterday. My first set took a few phone calls to get the ticket number to link to my MDE, but I’m hoping this one goes a little smoother.
These are the flexible date tickets? I'll take a look again and see what makes sense for us.

These are the flexible date tickets? I'll take a look again and see what makes sense for us.

Yes. I just got a couple flexible date tickets that my friend will use when she comes in the fall. I had gotten two 10 day flexible date tickets earlier in the year that will be upgraded to AP.

Yes. I just got a couple flexible date tickets that my friend will use when she comes in the fall. I had gotten two 10 day flexible date tickets earlier in the year that will be upgraded to AP.
Is that a better deal for upgrading to AP's? I'm not sure we will be getting AP's now but ya never know. If it were a good deal to buy the 10-day flex date, I might consider.

Okay these are the two hotels I'm considering for our trip, both off of I-55:
Best Western Plus North Joliet
7,124 non-refundable or 7,916 refundable
Free breakfast and parking

Home2 Suites by Hilton Joliet/Plainfield
8,940 non-refundable or 9,535 refundable
Free breakfast and parking

They both look pretty nice so I'm leaning more towards the Best Western since it's only for one night. That one actually has 5/5 on Tripadvisor.

My question is should we book these with URs or with cash through Hilton to get points?

Well, I can think of a place to hit him you can easily reach, a little lower...

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Not sure what I would say for a business, so not thinking I would want to do tht...but thanks for the info

Here is what I would say (and have said) for a business. I "think" I may consider the idea of selling something on Ebay from time to time. I "think" if I did that once in a while I "could" potentially make $1000 or whatever amount per year. I "think" that if I did wind up doing that semi-regularly I'd probably need a business card. Let me go and apply for a business card while I continue to mull this Ebay idea over just in case I really do it. :D

Oh my goodness, y'all!! My dd18 was approved for the CIP party:

Woot! Woot! party::dance3::jumping1::dance3:party:

60,000 bonus points posted on my Citi Biz AA card after meeting $2,000 spend. $250 AA gift card also credited properly. Now waiting for my Barclay biz aviator points to post so that I can book round trip flights for 4 to California to see Yosemite, Muir Woods, Disneyland and San Diego.

Last edited:
How long does it take to hear about a Chase application? DH applied for a CIC Unlimited on Tuesday. I applied for a CIC as well last fall and was approved instantly, so I was surprised we haven’t heard yet on his. Ty

Hello, Looking for advice as to which card to apply for. Chase Sapphire Preferred or Venture from Capital One. My husband currently has Chase freedom and I have Chase SW premier. I haven't booked travel thru Chase Ultimate rewards portal. Just redeemed for cash back. Is it generally a good deal or at least comparable ?

Hi..since you have the Chase Freedom and are familiar with URs ....I’d apply for the CSP...this way your able to also transfer your points to hotels and airlines...like SW the are Chase travel partners

How long does it take to hear about a Chase application? DH applied for a CIC Unlimited on Tuesday. I applied for a CIC as well last fall and was approved instantly, so I was surprised we haven’t heard yet on his. Ty

Sometimes business applications take longer than personal to approve....Have you called Chase to see what the status is....1-800-432-3117 and follow the prompts

Did anyone do the BBVA $200 nationwide checking bonus? I signed up in November with a legit DD and they are giving me the runaround. There's a discussion in the r/churning bank account bonus thread but I'm interested in any and all DPs.

Thanks to everyone’s advice regarding the 100k Amex Plat / 50k Amex Gold, I was ready to apply as the mailer expired 2/18 when I received the 100k mailer again yesterday with a new 100k Plat offer with a date into April. I’d rather wait until March so I can use summer camp expenses to meet the spend but I want to make sure that letting the first offer expire won’t negatively affect me.

If there’s no problem waiting, tonight I will refer my husband to CIP tonight as I want to have as many UR as possible stashed for any summer travel.

Apparently it was considered a state secret on reddit, lol, but here's the write-up by DoC . If you join using the app you won't have to be on the waiting list (at least for now). Until you join you won't know what's available to you, for me the only thing available in my area is 5% back at Office Depot and local restaurants I don't go to (except for one to be fair- but it burned down in a freak fire right before the Holidays so it's obviously not open right now). Kinda crushes my soul my In-N-Out doesn't participate but it's probably better for my waistline...
thanks- I joined based on the glowing reviews but haven't linked anything yet.... I'll take a look. I'm sure now that I've joined it's on its way out lol

:offtopic: Wife came home late today...I was resting as I have not been feeling well for the last 24 hours. I knew she was going to be late because she had a "meeting." I was half asleep.Told me to come outside and I assumed she had hit something with my car as it has been a bit slick in our neck of the woods after yesterdays storm. Come to find out, she bought me a new car! Pretty red 2019 Rav4. Thinking the typical flowers delivered to work/candy/card will be a bit underwhelming to what I got today.

Also quite surprised with the IRS turnaround. Filed this past Friday and when I logged into the bank account, it says I have a deposit coming on Friday. Not bad...5 business days.

Ok...back to bed.

Sorry you are feeling sick, but what a great present!!! I still think flowers delivered to work are a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter