• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Joliet is way more than 45 minutes. It’s probably at least an hour, likely more. It’s a weeknight, right? Rush hour traffic will be bad.
My phone says it’s only 43 minutes and that includes traffic (that’s current traffic though). I’d much rather drive that long and have free parking with breakfast than pay to stay in the city and pay $50+ for parking

There should be a ton of options around there because of the race track there. Gotta have somewhere to put all the Nascar and Indycar crews and fans.
Lol I’m pretty sure I’ve stayed there with my parents before. It sounds really familiar. I’ll be looking more tomorrow on my computer. It’s too hard to do on my phone and we’re not in a hurry

Assuming it's on the way, either way they'd be driving in at that time and facing that traffic. Then at night when traffic maybe isn't as bad get an hour back towards home and drive the rest of the way after a nice breakfast.
This was my thinking as well! It’s on our way so we might as well drive part of the way home. Then we’ll have less of a drive the next morning. We’re used to driving late at night since our band always plays until 1 am

DH only has old SPG personal upgraded to Lux in October. Would he be qualify for any of the new cards? Of course with Amex it assumes the increased spending would avoid the pop up. Maybe go for 4th Chase business?

He’d qualify for the Amex Bonboy Biz, which has a 100k Marriott points/$5k MSR/3 months welcome offer, but whether he wants to is another issue.

The Bonvoy Biz is actually a pretty decent card with 4x Marriott on dining and gas. But if DH or you have Amex’s other cards that earn similar or better bonuses, like the Gold for 4x MR on dining or 4x MR at supermarkets where you can buy gas cards, then the Bonvoy Biz may be a bit redundant. The 2x Marriott base spend is alright, but not the same as 1 old Starpoint, and the same as the SPG Lux and Personal and the Marriott Premier Plus and Biz.

The Bonvoy Biz is waiving the first year AF, then $95 in the second year, if DH applies before 3/28/19. And you know Amex deposits the 35k FN certificate 6-8 weeks after the second year AF posts, thus requiring you to pay the $95 AF if you want the FN cert or cancel and leave the FN cert on the table. (But you’ll recall that last week, Marriott moved a lot of their more popular properties up from Cat 5, anyway, and that’s before the introduction of peak pricing later this year.) Presumably, the Bonvoy Biz AF goes up to $125 in the third year. If DH applies for the Bonvoy Biz on or after 3/28/19, he’ll be charged the $125 AF starting in the first month of card membership, no waiver.

Note that neither Bonvoy Amex cards are referable right now. If DH could self refer from his SPG Lux (Bonvoy Brilliant) to the Bonvoy Biz for 20k Marriott, or you refer DH to the Bonvoy Biz from one of your MR cards (you have the BGR that refers for 20k MR, right?), that’d increase the potential value of getting the card. Hopefully referrals for the Bonvoy cards open up before the AF on the Biz increases on 3/28/19.

That IS INSANE!!!! Congrats!!!
Crazy thing is...she probably has a more legit biz than most of us...I applied with day care services and put 3k for what she earns with that (which is true, maybe even a bit low). I put 5k as her yearly income, which would be low. Her credit score is good from years of being an AU'er on my cards. I'm still shocked though that Chase would give an 18yo that card lol!

Crazy thing is...she probably has a more legit biz than most of us...I applied with day care services and put 3k for what she earns with that (which is true, maybe even a bit low). I put 5k as her yearly income, which would be low. Her credit score is good from years of being an AU'er on my cards. I'm still shocked though that Chase would give an 18yo that card lol!
Has she ever had any other card? Also how many AU cards show on her credit report?

Oh my goodness, y'all!! My dd18 was approved for the CIP party:

giphy.gif

So... uh, you get a 20k bonus; who gets the 80k? DD’s to do with as she pleases or goes into the family pot? Or goes into the family pot anyway, but held in “trust” for DD to be redeemed as she wants using the CSR for 1.5x?

I just wanted to say THANKS to all of you and especially @SouthFayetteFan for the hand-holding - I just applied for a CIP and got approved instantly! WOO HOO! Looks like my selling crap on eBay and Craigslist is now even more profitable! :) Thanks again to everyone - this is such a nice and helpful group!

Hey, so nice to see you here. It is a Very Friendly place :welcome:

So... uh, you get a 20k bonus; who gets the 80k? DD’s to do with as she pleases or goes into the family pot? Or goes into the family pot anyway, but held in “trust” for DD to be redeemed as she wants using the CSR for 1.5x?
She met the spend on her CFU paying for her college texts so those 20k UR's were hers to keep. She redeemed for a statement credit. She's a college kid so I get it. As soon as I told her that I was considering applying for this card for her, she said, 'sure, and you can use the points for Disney'. I love that girl! She wants to go back as much as any of us. So, I will meet the spend (she can't anyways) and we will use the points for Disney - whether cash back or for another part of the trip :)

So, now you are taking credit lol!?! Obviously, you have given me great advice over the years so I, naturally, assumed it was you :) And really, thanks...I get this song in my head and CANNOT get it out...I'll be singing it all tonight when I cannot sleep.

You know I’m kidding, but I couldn’t resist a good meme. :rotfl2:

Credit goes to you for helping your daughter build such an amazing credit profile at such a young age — enough to be approved for the CIP! And your daughter gets credit for being so responsible and industrious!

She met the spend on her CFU paying for her college texts so those 20k UR's were hers to keep. She redeemed for a statement credit. She's a college kid so I get it. As soon as I told her that I was considering applying for this card for her, she said, 'sure, and you can use the points for Disney'. I love that girl! She wants to go back as much as any of us. So, I will meet the spend (she can't anyways) and we will use the points for Disney - whether cash back or for another part of the trip :)
We need to come up with a backdoor way to redeem URs and then cancel for cash somehow...OR we need to start a twitter shaming campaign with Chase on how we can't use URs for Disney...

@Lain I do appreciate the compliment :) I learn so much here. I'd have never been able to help her in this without you all!
It truly is amazing what we can do for each other here. I am tens of thousands of dollars richer for finding this game and a lot of that has come from knowledge and experience gained on this thread. Every once in awhile somebody new finds us and they get denied for a card or they join DISchurners and I never hear from them again and I wonder what could have been. This game really can change your life in terms of the doors it opens!

The link still works to purchase Disney tickets with UR. I got 2 more yesterday. My first set took a few phone calls to get the ticket number to link to my MDE, but I’m hoping this one goes a little smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter