I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have other serve for yourself? You should get 4 more ASAP to prepare for a shutdown. Also, may want to get BlueBirds and just leave them until you need them.
Do you remember how long it takes to receive a Serve card? I applied over a week ago and haven’t received it. Just wondering if I should worry.
This is my reasoning too! I have a really stressful and sometimes very sad job. If I wanna watch Real Housewives I’m gonna! Sometimes I just need a brain break!

I love RHOD, Below Deck (and Med), RHONJ, RHOP- what are you watching right now?!
I love Bravo. RHBH, RHNJ, RHNYC, both Below Deck, both MDL, and my coworker has me watching 90 day fiancée on TLC. Now that’s whole other levels of crazy.

Those of you that have mailed in ID etc to Barclays for a Biz card, what happened once they received it? Did you get an email, phone call, card just showed up??
They ignored my dh. He never heard a word from them. I waited 3 mos and applied again. Denied. Applied again 6 mos later and approved, after they grilled him, with a nice, big, fat $650 CL lol!

Maybe I'm not done with Barclays. Got a letter for verification for DH this week. And happy to join the growing list of new SW Performance Biz card holders for DH.
Good luck with Barcray-cray lol! The verification didn't go well for my dh (and I think for @speedyfishy's SO) but I don't even know what to tell you to do differently. Unless your dh is willing to call in but he needs to be prepared for a very thorough call about his business :scared1:

Good luck with Barcray-cray lol! The verification didn't go well for my dh (and I think for @speedyfishy's SO) but I don't even know what to tell you to do differently. Unless your dh is willing to call in but he needs to be prepared for a very thorough call about his business :scared1:

Did they do a hard pull for you? Every time? They did on mine both an Arrival in September and Aviator in March. That is part of my hesitation too. Unless it is an automatic approval I don’t think I care that much. AA miles are nice but not critical for me.

Did they do a hard pull for you? Every time? They did on mine both an Arrival in September and Aviator in March. That is part of my hesitation too. Unless it is an automatic approval I don’t think I care that much. AA miles are nice but not critical for me.
They did! It was for my dh. They approved my app, after like a week, with a big ol' $1250 CL. I thought that was hilarious. Then my dh, who brings in the bacon, gets $650. Okey-dokie :rotfl2:

Oh.My.Goodness! Am I like hanging in there with the cool millennials?? I used 'fetch', very casually, around my teens last night and they both got big eyes and my dd19 says "You haven't even seen 'Mean Girls'. Where did you learn that word?" LOL! I just acted all cool.
I love how you just casually used it and they were impressed! Definitely a cool mom!!

giphy (1).gif

I love how you just casually used it and they were impressed! Definitely a cool mom!!

View attachment 443136
Lol! This is what my dd said to me last night! BUT, now she just reminded me that just cause I use the word 'fetch' doesn't make me cool. But the thing is...I am the cool mom...She just came downstairs like 5 mins ago and said her friend, that she wants to room with for the DCP, loves me. Uh, yeah, I know...cause I'm the cool mom :lovestruc

RAISE Deal = 4% Off; Use code: DISCOVER
You can combine this with the TCB deal of 10% cash back for a rough total savings of 13.6%

FYI: This is not as lucrative as some of the deals in prior weeks. I'm personally giving this one a pass this week.

EDIT: Raise is back to 2% now... Booooooo!!!!! (for people who were interested)
Also - this one's for @PolyRob - All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Last edited:
Good conversations about Serve. I don't use this technique now but will open the cards per recommendations so I have them for future use. No cost to open correct and they can sit there unused for an indefinite amount of time? I anticipate next year to be a slower work pace, there is also a push for work / home life balance so I a might actually have time to breath, and spread my horizons with some of the cool and lucrative skills further identified in our reddit.

Tried to add myself to this list but I (DH) went pending on the SW Perfromance Biz. Status line says 2 weeks.
Wishing us both luck.

The same thing that happened to me on my 1st two cards. I don't get a response, it looks like I the app didn't go through. A 2 sec pop and then nothing no spinning, nothing. I waited and waited and then hit the submit button again, same response. I hit it like 10 times, because I couldn't read what it said. I finally used my phone to snag a pic. It said "Thank you. We'r processing your request and may need more information. We appreciate your patience." I called the 800 # and the message said your "SS # does not match". So without hanging up I do the #, 3, 1 again and get the "status not available, allow 30 days". Glad I was busy at work and didn't have time to think about it again until now but I have wine now so it's ok. ;) Thank you for the number though much appreciated!
So I called in this AM and again the message indicates "the information entered does not match our records please enter the SS#" when I entered it the 2nd time it goes to "status not available please allow 30 days". Is that the standard 30 day message? What's up with "the SS# entered does not match our records"? That just feeds into my paranoia that something went wrong with my app and it didn't go through. Per @SouthFayetteFan time is of essence, I can't afford dink around for a week waiting for a confirmation of receipt from Chase, right? I am so confused why this only happens with my SW applications. I haven't had this issue with other Chase apps including CIP. Should I call and confirm that they actually have an app from me under review? grrr

So uhhh the most active comment on the r/churning DD thread today is somebody who is sad because they cancelled their Amex Plat and it "Sucks they make you send it back". Apparently this is because they were hoping to keep the metal card "for fun".

This is the depths that r/churning has descended to my friends... So many questions...for starters:

1) Does this person think Amex will hunt them down and put them in CC jail for not sending the card back?
2) What would you do "for fun" with an inactive Amex Plat card...??

Badge of honor

I watch way too much Bravo. It’s embarrassing. But I have a stressful job and a stressful son that I need to escape from sometimes!

I like bravo because I love below deck. I want to say it has more to do with the destinations they visit. #Monaco

Ha, I’ll admit to being a Bravo Addict too! Real Housewives of whatever, Below Deck whatever, Million Dollar Listings....

I prefer million dollar listing NY than LA. But can't stand anything housewives related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter