I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s too quiet in here tonight. Where my peeps at??
Worrying about the hurricane and wondering if I should cancel our Citi AA Biz tomorrow. It’s been 2 and 3 months - no need to wait longer than that, right? I’m going to try a different public offer soon for #2 tonsee what happens. Also thinking of the $80 of airline credit left on my AmEx Plat. Are all gift cards for AA dead? My husband will be traveling a lot soon but since they gave him a company card, they frown on reimbursements although maybe I can sneak another checked bag through for the credit. We ordered some wine on our last flight but it was free!

Worrying about the hurricane and wondering if I should cancel our Citi AA Biz tomorrow. It’s been 2 and 3 months - no need to wait longer than that, right? I’m going to try a different public offer soon for #2 tonsee what happens. Also thinking of the $80 of airline credit left on my AmEx Plat. Are all gift cards for AA dead? My husband will be traveling a lot soon but since they gave him a company card, they frown on reimbursements although maybe I can sneak another checked bag through for the credit. We ordered some wine on our last flight but it was free!
You can close those AA cards now for sure. I always close mine after month 2.

Full house generator on an auto switch (it comes on automatically if our power goes out). It's mid to late life, but we have a maintenance contract and they come service it every 6 months.

I have a few neighbors that are staying; the one across the street said he'd come check on dd and I if we stayed and we were welcome to come over to their house (we've known them for 9 years and our dogs are friends) and one good friend and his family around the corner that we know from back home. And friends (both physicians should the need for one arise) a few doors up. We *may* stay -- will depend on forecast tomorrow morning.

For now the forecast for Boca doesn't look good and they are saying little chance we'll avoid a hit but I have hope. Positive news for you guys is that by the time Dorian hits you she'll only be a category 1. We're looking at a category 4 when she makes landfall based on the current track. Of course so much can change in the next 72 hours, so fingers crossed.
Yes! Nothing beats it. Less than 10 seconds later and you're back up and running. No in and out connecting things and no gas tank to fill. It took some time to get mine installed between the town, utility company, and company installing it, but I cherish that thing 😂

Full house generator on an auto switch (it comes on automatically if our power goes out). It's mid to late life, but we have a maintenance contract and they come service it every 6 months.

I have a few neighbors that are staying; the one across the street said he'd come check on dd and I if we stayed and we were welcome to come over to their house (we've known them for 9 years and our dogs are friends) and one good friend and his family around the corner that we know from back home. And friends (both physicians should the need for one arise) a few doors up. We *may* stay -- will depend on forecast tomorrow morning.

For now the forecast for Boca doesn't look good and they are saying little chance we'll avoid a hit but I have hope. Positive news for you guys is that by the time Dorian hits you she'll only be a category 1. We're looking at a category 4 when she makes landfall based on the current track. Of course so much can change in the next 72 hours, so fingers crossed.
Ah okay. We asked people here about a full house generator vs a small one and everyone here said to get a small one :confused3 I’m sure we’ll find out soon if that was a mistake. I saw everyone around us with gas cans so I’m assuming everyone has the small generators.

That’s good that you have some options if you stay. We only know one neighbor next door and they would definitely let us come over. They have a big dog though so not sure how that would go with taking our cats over.

Where are you seeing the current track showing that? I’m curious why it would already be down to a category 1 hitting us since we aren’t that far inland. We’re only like 20-25 minutes from the coast.

I’m just watching the weather channel. Hurricanes fascinate me - don’t get me wrong, I’m totally hoping it veers north and dissipates tomorrow (I know that isn’t realistic). But I’m general I’m interested in the coverage and what ends up happening.

I had it on at 8 for the update and I'll watch some tomorrow at work, gotta love the directv app. Monday will probably be spent reading and flipping between stations for storm coverage. It's interesting to me and I admit I like watching the news people out in the weather.

But I also will spend hours watching the news when we get a bad to us snow storm or wind storm. Snow is always better here cause there's less damage and the wind storms are often overnight while snow can be done when we all get up but you get hours of morons trying to drive up and down hills in Seattle. 4 wheel drive or not when there's ice under the snow and it hasn't been plowed or sanded you aren't getting up or are sliding down.

I'm a hurricane watcher too. Always have been. The biggest one I've ever been through was Hurricane Alicia in 1983. They really are so fascinating for some weird, sick reason! I stayed up all night watching Katrina coverage and the morning it came in was to be my first day homeschooling ever. I could barely concentrate cause I knew the coverage was in full force so I called most of school off for the day and we had 'science' watching hurricane coverage lol. I'm not interested in any other weather phenomenons really.

Where are you seeing the current track showing that? I’m curious why it would already be down to a category 1 hitting us since we aren’t that far inland. We’re only like 20-25 minutes from the coast.

Use the nhc@noaa.gov site and also follow Mike's weather page on FB. He does live a couple times a day and frequent updates...no sensationalism.

The latest NHC update showed more southernly and more slowing. Hoping it makes that turn sooner and stays off the coast. If it stays how it is or even slower or more southernly by the 5am update, I am switching us to Monday flights and hoping for the best. I can always cancel at the last minute, but Monday seems better than Tuesday at this point.

ETA: The bad news is since it slows down sooo much, it it doesn't make that turn and just hangs out over Florida for days it is going to dump a ton of rain and wind on the state.

Under category of this could be huge news or old news that I somehow missed:

The free night certificate for the Bonvoy Brilliant can be used to book Swan or Dolphin!

Both DH and I have free night certificates from it that need to be used by next May. I need to book the first night (late night we arrive in March) and was on the Marriott site, Swan/Dolphin listed as category 6/50,000 points. I clicked on it until the end...and the free night certificate attached. Both certificates booked at Swan with request for connecting rooms. I did it that way instead of jamming us all into one since they were going to charge $75 extra for an extra adult. (Apparently 13 is adult in the Bonvoyed world too?!?) Do you all think it will be worth it to stay there the first night even having to pay parking and two times resort fee? Yes it is a late night but waking up the next morning and walking into Epcot or HS would be SWEET!

Congrats-and as they fly more it's a good idea for them to have their own Skymiles numbers. DD has had one since she was 8 months old and I don't know how many flights she's taken using skymiles :) (a lot...).

Also, I'm so glad you could use this promotion-have fun at the GF!

Thank you! Of course now I am thinking I maybe do need insurance and should call. I initially said no because basically I am used to when I make the decision to book with Delta it is set and I realize the points/money will pretty much be history if I had to cancel.

I think D13 has had a SkyMiles account at least since she was 7 months when we took her to Puerto Rico. By the time the other two came along I was tired, busy, and any hassle at all of them getting an account was too much and way low on the priority list. Of course since they are girls I am sure in years to come it will be “why does Ellie have more miles than we do? That does not seem fair!” I can hear the ensuing drama now...

Under category of this could be huge news or old news that I somehow missed:

The free night certificate for the Bonvoy Brilliant can be used to book Swan or Dolphin!

Both DH and I have free night certificates from it that need to be used by next May. I need to book the first night (late night we arrive in March) and was on the Marriott site, Swan/Dolphin listed as category 6/50,000 points. I clicked on it until the end...and the free night certificate attached. Both certificates booked at Swan with request for connecting rooms. I did it that way instead of jamming us all into one since they were going to charge $75 extra for an extra adult. (Apparently 13 is adult in the Bonvoyed world too?!?) Do you all think it will be worth it to stay there the first night even having to pay parking and two times resort fee? Yes it is a late night but waking up the next morning and walking into Epcot or HS would be SWEET!
I think it is a great plan! The location is awesome. Be aware, we had connecting rooms requested and I even called ahead of time to talk to someone at Swan about it and she said she saw it on our booking but would make 'another note'. When we checked in, we did not have connecting rooms. They were able to put us in adjoining and after being at POR and being separated as badly there as we were, adjoining was totally fine. Plus we got a nice upgrade! But you don't have an adult child like I do so you can't do what we did. I know it's only one night but just something to be aware of.

And just like that I'm 269,900 AA miles poorer. Contemporary is locked in! 3 Nights - Theme Park View w/ a throwaway rental car. I did end up putting $9.90 on the CSR even though I don't think it would do me any good. I mean...why not? So I have about 40k AA miles leftover and I plan to earn 80k more in October. So that'll get me another $450 in Disney Gift Cards towards the trip if I want to cash them out.

The price with Disney was $2,377.14 so my cpp was 0.88cpp.
party:Congrats on getting it done! Lots of stress and agonizing over this and I'm so happy it worked out the way you wanted!

party:Congrats on getting it done! Lots of stress and agonizing over this and I'm so happy it worked out the way you wanted!
I am so happy...to be HAPPY about booking my trip! (if that makes any sense).

Between the loss of URs last year and the drama with AA this year, it's strange, but I haven't been excited about booking our resort. And this year I am (at least for this part of our split stay).

Oh and the $9.90 should get credited by my CSR. I have about $30 left on the travel credit there, so that's cool!

We start, with me kicking and screaming, on Tuesday lol. Not the kids kicking and screaming. Me. I've done hardly any planning this summer. I'll be winging it a lot this year. But some years are like that...
We are supposed to start the 9th. We were supposed to be gone this weekend but I think we are staying home instead. And then next weekend we have a big camping trip with our homeschool group, so it made sense to wait. But I'm running out of time and it seems the to do list is still so long. I'm not so great at winging it, and with the new baby coming this year I'm definitely feeling all the planning stress. 😂

We are supposed to start the 9th. We were supposed to be gone this weekend but I think we are staying home instead. And then next weekend we have a big camping trip with our homeschool group, so it made sense to wait. But I'm running out of time and it seems the to do list is still so long. I'm not so great at winging it, and with the new baby coming this year I'm definitely feeling all the planning stress. 😂
It's gotten easier to wing it now that I have no little littles :D My college kid is completely self-sufficient and my high schooler is mostly self-sufficient. I just micro manage her lol. I just need to crack the whip on my ds11 or else he won't be prepared for middle school level work in two years so that is a goal for this year :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter