I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it’s crazy! I hate that my birthday falls like that because I know that’s a busy weekend at wdw. I did look two weekends before and after (Dh gets every other Friday off). October 17-20 I didn’t see as much but November 14-17 had more options. Both were still pretty pricey though

Well, if you end up booking your birthday weekend and happen to be up early enough to see runners, wave to Oaken during the 10K, and Panchito Pistoles during the 1/2! :wave:

If it makes you feel better, my mom and I were once on our way to Schiphol airport in Amsterdam for our flight home when she realized she booked her flight for exactly one month later.
DHs brother did that when he was rebooking his parents and aunt from our cruise trip, they had to cut a couple days off because his other brother went into the hospital. So he books DHs parents to Cali connecting in Denver, and puts aunt on the same flight to Denver which is our home airport. But he booked aunts flight for the next month :scared:

Yeah until next July

Next thought for Sept/Oct had either been a CIC or CIP2

No plans on using MR in the next 12-18 months; thinking Africa for 2021

(I hate typing on mobile)

Edit: and what did I say yesterday about Amex FOMO?!

Have you paid for your DEL tickets yet? That would make a huge dent in the MSR and earn you more MRs since personal plat flights are 5x. I'd factor that into the equation.

If you have paid already ummm yeah, you know me I can't talk anyone out of getting and using MRs 🤣

Instant approval on Citi #2. I had cancelled Citi #1 a few weeks ago. Went for the 2k spend with the $200 credit just in case the bonus does not work at least I will only be wasting $2k instead of $4k. Fingers crossed!
That’s what I was thinking of doing too, I have only had my #1 for 2 months s I have to wait a bit still. Hope you get the Bonus!

You can get a card later to "park" the MR, so using it far off isn't an issue - more important now is will you need that 100k for Africa later and it worth plunking down the $5 hundred something AF right now? With what I recall of your current plans the perks may be useful in the meanwhile so it's probably not a horrible choice to go for it if you can handle the AF and spend right now. In your shoes I might just do it.
Lounges in PHL and SMF would def make life easiest when flying SW or economy..
Have you paid for your DEL tickets yet? That would make a huge dent in the MSR and earn you more MRs since personal plat flights are 5x. I'd factor that into the equation.

If you have paid already ummm yeah, you know me I can't talk anyone out of getting and using MRs 🤣
I kinda decided to put the DEL flights on the CSR for the insurance—that way I wouldn’t have to purchase additional (the whole trip is under the $10k max pp for CSR insurance)

Ugh 5x though

Went to the “good” staples today and they didn’t have any $200 GCs out. The rack is a magnet and opens so I opened it up and they had stacks and stacks of $200 cards. Grabbed a stack put a few on the shelf and went to buy $1600. The guy said that there is a limit of two? But he will let me buy them all. Now do I go back tomorrow though?

Ask him what shift he works. And go when he's there.

DHs brother did that when he was rebooking his parents and aunt from our cruise trip, they had to cut a couple days off because his other brother went into the hospital. So he books DHs parents to Cali connecting in Denver, and puts aunt on the same flight to Denver which is our home airport. But he booked aunts flight for the next month :scared:
I did that with our RCCL cruise. I thought it was Sat-Sat and a few weeks before I noticed it was Sun-Sun and was quickly adjusting our flights and adding an extra hotel night pre-cruise. I think I just had Sat-Sat stuck in my head since all of our other cruises had been on DCL. This time I know our Spring Break cruise is Sun-Sun and we’ll be flying down either Thurs or Fri pre-cruise. If I can just get DS to decide if he wants to do Disney or Universal since it’s 13th birthday celebration.

Just to verify... if I have SW travel funds from a different flight, and don't use them all when I apply them to a new flight, I still get to use the remainder somewhere else? I haven't paid for flights in forever :)
The remainder will stick with the original confirm number. You can only use on the person named on the ticket.

Bought a Disney GC today with a Safeway GC. I have $350 worth from Amazon Prime day. Giant keeps giving me free groceries with GC purchases though so I think I’m going to try and liquidate all of these to Disney GCs. But hypothetically I could get amazon and load then buy more Safeway GCs with the Amazon GCs churning for free grocery points lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter