I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have forgotten to look today!
Me to, mine was for P2 on 7/4 app date with 7/5 approval.
So many of us in the same boat! I am a little relieved that I wasn't the only one that had a CIP referral during the Chase referral link issue that week. I am sure it will be fine, but it has been on my mind since submitting the application on 7/3 😂 Combine that with using URs for flights this past weekend and I REALLY want those 20,000 HAHA

Pet Food Deal for Prime
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv...ribe-save-pet-food-order-50-maximum-discount/
I ordered two bags to come next month for about 50% off what Petco charges. Idk if it was just this food, or what, because it didn't come up with a coupon to clip this time (I did that a few months back for 40%) and it just showed like that was the normal price, no discount advertised.
I don’t see our cat food as an option. It’s only giving me 12 results when I click the link for the offer

I'm considering the deal for a $15 firestick with $45 sling credit,which is basically two months free sling with the device for $15 - I guess a better question is,is the 415 option going to be faster with the streaming apps? Like Hulu can be painfully slow,and amazon also, netflix is a bit better.
im not sure what deal your looking at, but if it doesnt say 4k on it, i suggest avoid it. whats this 415 option?

I have a CIP question. I paid my balance in full, credited the account on the 11th, but the available credit does not reflect that yet. Is that normal? I don't want to use it anyway, but I was just curious.

For anyone going for Citi Biz AA #2 or more, make sure you cancel the biz cards you already have from here on out!

I applied for card #2 for myself and DH a little over a week ago. I didn't close card #1 for either of us, as I thought it wasn't necessary. Well, we were both instantly denied and my churning dreams were crushed:sad:.

I questioned if not closing the card was the reason for the denial, and I finally got my answer. Both our denial letters came and said the same thing: "We reviewed your application and can't approve it because: The business already has the maximum number of CitiBusiness/AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard accounts which we will issue to a business."

I have a CIP question. I paid my balance in full, credited the account on the 11th, but the available credit does not reflect that yet. Is that normal? I don't want to use it anyway, but I was just curious.
Yeah, I seem to remember a delay in the credit line updating. Give it 24/48 hours and I think you should be good!

Ah, seeing the Golden Gate Bridge will pair perfectly with your Walt Disney Family Museum visit! They’re both in the Presidio, and you’ll see a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge right from the Main Post where the museum is located, but with a car you can drive to various lookouts that’ll get you even better views, Chrissy Field, and to Fort Point that’s right at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge. I’ll pull up some maps when I get a chance in the next few days.

Here’s a view of the Golden Gate Bridge from inside the back of the museum:
View attachment 417796

This is a view from behind the Presidio Lodge, right next to the Walt Disney Family Museum:
Kv2yL4w.jpg

Here are some images from Chrissy Field on a nicer day around sunset:
CNkCOyt.jpg

LuZ7hXT.jpg

And more pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge as you make your way from Chrissy Field to Fort Point, on different days:
oU7i6xp.jpg

Y2JB0p4.jpg

And from Fort Point, right under the bridge itself:
r702YnR.jpg

2LptzFG.jpg

I’m guessing the tiki bar is the Tonga Room at the Fairmont hotel? It’s a cool place; one of the few “old school” restaurants left in the city. One more cool thing right outside is the Fairmont is right on the hill on California Street, with a cable car line running up and down, and the Bay Bridge in the distance in a perfectly framed canyon view between the buildings of Chinatown and the Financial District downhill.

You could buy a one-day visitor passport, hop onto a cable car heading down California Street, which will take you down to Market Street. Hop onto an “F” streetcar headed towards the Embarcadero, and that’ll take you to Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf, where In-N-Out is (and a short walk to Ghirardelli Square).

(The reason why I suggest public transportation aside from the Presidio is parking is very expensive around Nob Hill — where the Fairmont is, and along the Embarcadero, but if paying fares for 6 people is more, then maybe driving and parking is the better option.)

I’ll fill in more details, and Alamo Square (where the Painted Ladies are) when I have a little more time.
Thank you! I didn't even think of Golden Gate for Friday.

We land at 12:25 Friday. I was thinking leave SJC and hit up In-n-Out on the way to Disney. Looks like after Disney, the Bridge would be best. From there to Tonga (yes! that's the place). At that point, I don't know how tired we will be. We've never traveled more than one time zone in either direction lol This is a big trip for us.

I keep going back and forth on driving vs public transport vs a little of both. The various passes have me a tad confused. While not recommended, I was thinking the van over Sat morning and just paying for parking somewhere. That allows us to have a little freedom as needed, on our schedule. But, I'm not at all against public transport. I looked at the Hop On hop Off tours, but then read those are discouraged due to traffic. I don't see a tour of Alcatraz in the plan, but not against one of the boat tours that just goes out there. I'm contemplating a Go Explore Card for each of us as a possibility. The Go Oahu card is already saving me over $1K on that part of the trip.

Thought of you this morning while reading my newspaper. The Chicago Tribune has an article comparing ways to get to O'hare from downtown for a 5pm flight. Times were comparable for Uber vs blue line on that particular day.
Another steakhouse that my DH loves is Chicago Cut. He also likes Gene and Georgettis. Rosebud Steakhouse is another.
Thanks! I actually moved my flight up to 2:30 pm so I am definitely Ubering to the airport.

Thank you for the recommendations!

We are going to be Universal when there is AP night in August. Totally pissed because I had no idea I had to register to attend until my brother asked me about it. And, of course, it is sold out. What the h***?

For anyone going for Citi Biz AA #2 or more, make sure you cancel the biz cards you already have from here on out!

I applied for card #2 for myself and DH a little over a week ago. I didn't close card #1 for either of us, as I thought it wasn't necessary. Well, we were both instantly denied and my churning dreams were crushed:sad:.

I questioned if not closing the card was the reason for the denial, and I finally got my answer. Both our denial letters came and said the same thing: "We reviewed your application and can't approve it because: The business already has the maximum number of CitiBusiness/AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard accounts which we will issue to a business."
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Dh & I have both gotten Citi AA biz #2 with #1 still open. Tons of DP's of people having more than 2 open. Citi really is so random :(

Lain's got you covered but I wanted to say that we love the Disney Family Museum and on a clear day you get the most amazing view of the Golden Gate Bridge from there. There are In-n-Out options right off the highway between SCJ and San Francisco if that interests you (I can be more specific if you want). Oh, and I don't live in the city and I hate driving there. If I drive in I try to park my car ASAP and walk most places. DD and her friends will use Uber there (even the ones who actually live in the city) because it's so hard to park/drive there. I hope you have a fantastic visit. Sept is usually nice there!

ETA- If you have an Amex Gold card, you can get your $10 discount at the one in Union Square (not local cuisine, though, but a fabulous view since it's at the top of the Macy's store there and has a nice outdoor patio).
I've only used Uber twice in Costa Rica. How hard is it for 6 of us? That's the only reason we haven't used it as a family yet.

DH is pretty willing to drive anywhere. He commuted into DC on a motorcycle in all weather. I hated those days. He's pretty good with traffic as long as I navigate, which is a stress itself and why I keep debating various modes. I will not drive DC at all. But I had no problem with Baltimore, I don't know why.

For those of you who have closed a citi AA biz card, how can you tell by looking at the online account that it is closed? I *finally* got someone on the desktop chat yesterday and he said he closed the account but my online account looks exactly the same today as it did before...?

That's the letter that I got, too. You are right though. There are plenty of DPs of others getting #2 without closing #1. It really seems random. Someone on reddit suggested that I close #1 and recon the app. You could try that. I decided not to bother and got the CIC instead to hold me over until my next app.

How long ago did you get the letter? Is this a fairly new thing, of being denied if card #1 isn't closed? I didn't know anyone else had been denied for the same reason. I would've cancelled for sure if I knew. I think even if it's random, to be one the safe side, cancelling is the best bet.

I would close the card and recon if 1) I didn't hate calling in and 2) if I had any clue as to how to even go about reconning this...what would I say if they bring up that I just closed card #1? "Yes, I just closed my first business yesterday as I just wasn't passionate about that one, but I'm starting a brand new one today that really speaks to me"? lol.

For those of you who have closed a citi AA biz card, how can you tell by looking at the online account that it is closed? I *finally* got someone on the desktop chat yesterday and he said he closed the account but my online account looks exactly the same today as it did before...?
Mine says...account alert this account is closed and shows 0 as available credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter