I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does citi AA business cards take to arrive in the mail once approved? It said 7-10 days on the phone status but wondering if they are only counting business days.

Just seconding the recommendations for the Grand Hyatt in Kauai and the Fairmont in Kona on the Big Island. Those are our go-to places on those islands and we have been to both several times and never been disappointed. :cloud9: And now I want to go back!!!

Hmm...Kauai is the only island the kids haven't been to yet. 25,000 Hyatt points (or 25,000 URs). Plotting, plotting. Maybe spring break or Thanksgiving 2021.

We stayed in Waikiki Hyatt place. Good enough to sleep in and breakfast was decent. Two blocks to walk to beach. We also did PCC. The luau was ok but not worth doing again. The show ha breath was well worth it. I’d see it again.

Is there a way to put all this HI info on the dischurners page for easier reference?

ETA the udon noodle place is really good. Waited in line for 30 min but can’t complain we both ate a full dinner for $11 total.

Marugame Udon? I love that place. Yum. Recently found out that they opened up a location in San Francisco Stonestown Mall. Haven't had a chance to go yet.

My must-go in Waikiki (or I get sad) is Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin. Delicious fried pork chop. I like the one that comes with grind your own sesame seeds, so fragrant.

For anyone that upgraded their magicband monday and then stopped following stuff, mine shipped today for August. Seems they are sending out the upgraded ones now even if your trip is in the fall but the free color one's are still on the normal schedule. Someone yesterday noticed it's two different dept/divisions that do the upgraded and color so that's part of the thought. Still no word, unless it's been posted today, about more bands getting added since so many are gone.

Marugame Udon? I love that place. Yum. Recently found out that they opened up a location in San Francisco Stonestown Mall. Haven't had a chance to go yet.

They've been open for over a year and they still have lines out the door! We finally got around to eating here a few months ago on a cold, rainy weekend, and it really hit the spot. Although, we did go a little crazy with the tempura sides. The new hot thing at Stonestown is Gram Cafe & Pancakes, and waiting in line for the 90 servings of soufflé pancakes they serve daily.

For anyone that upgraded their magicband monday and then stopped following stuff, mine shipped today for August. Seems they are sending out the upgraded ones now even if your trip is in the fall but the free color one's are still on the normal schedule. Someone yesterday noticed it's two different dept/divisions that do the upgraded and color so that's part of the thought. Still no word, unless it's been posted today, about more bands getting added since so many are gone.

They have like four left now. I really shouldn’t have given up when they first came out.

They have like four left now. I really shouldn’t have given up when they first came out.

I saw they were up but people were having problems when I woke up so I waited until around lunch time to do it, did it incognito as I saw suggested and had no issues other than trying to decide which to get. Had to go onto the shop parks app so I could see what the entire band looked like since mde only shows one side.

Just a few more Maui restaurant suggestions:

When you are at the Grand Wailea: Monkeypod (in a little shopping mall up the hill from the Grand); Sansei in Kihei; if you like Mexican food, Fred's in Kihei (casual, fun, awesome margaritas: cred to CaliforniaGirl09 for finding this one); Longhi's for breakfast (in the Wailea shopping center).

When you are at the Hyatt in Kaanapali: Sansei (same as in Kihei but up at Kapaula, in case you don't make it in Kihei); Monkeypod at Whaler's Village (again, in case you don't go when in Wailea); Frida's (Mexican on the beach -- you can probably sense theme here); Lahaina Grill

Around the Island: Others have plugged Mama's Fish House. We love this place and go for lunch every time we go to Maui as a family (reservations are a must); Leoda's (on the main highway drive from the airport or Wailea to Kaanapali)

ETA: There is also a Longhi's in Lahaina.

Received my Barclay AA Biz yesterday. Was able to activate it and made a test purchase at Walmart where I scored a box of Mickey bars to start our vacation early. Since it worked at Walmart, I came home and paid DSs soccer fees. Also ordered an employee card for DS. Not sure the min age for Barclays but I received a notification saying the card is being processed. My card will be sock drawered now.

Spending today with a few errands, finishing packing, and cleaning house. Spending tonight at Hilton ORD for our flight in am.
Is it wrong that I’m bringing 6 CC on a trip? Plus DHs 2? :rolleyes1
I wasn’t able to get my 16 and 14 year old sons an employee card. I thought it was their ages but maybe it was just the crappy Barclays website. Off to try again!

I'm curious how you'd describe the sisters Kauai and Hawaii?
I will come back next week and share what I know about Kauai and Molokai.:) The Big Island is one place I have not visited yet. Soon, though. My kids are home now for the holiday weekend and I'm gonna sign off for a bit. SO loving all the Hawaii talk. Enjoying hearing about all your experiences and different perspectives. @wanderlust7 :) (and all who commented and liked) So glad you enjoyed the photographs. It really is a magical place for so many. There's a reason folks love to travel there.

Just for fun, I'll throw up one last photo. The girls are my future daughter in law (on the left) and her best friend. They were spotted by this photographer at the Lilac festival in Rochester last week. Given our penchant for all things travel, it gave me a smile.:) That reminds me... @elgerber ... any resolution on your Delta miles?

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
IMG_2569.JPG

You guys are such enablers. I just ordered this as it was too cute and then had to add something to get free shipping so I also got the 90th Anniversary Mickey Crock Pot. I have a lot of crock pots but not this one...

I bought the 90th anniversary coffee maker because it is just one cup a few weeks ago, and was looking forward to the Mickey Mug. Hate the mug - it's cheap - like actual coffee maker. It has a reusable basket for the coffee grounds and although the coffee is not super hot, and it drips really slow (compared to Keurig) I like it a lot. After discounts I got it for $17. It's only 24.99 to begin with.

Added the waffler to the shopping cart and stopped. Not sure I really want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter