I life long Dream comes true... pre trip count down.

Hello!!!!! last time I wore a formal was at the prom in 1979!!!! and it wasn't pretty then... I have a mental pic of me looking like the golden girls, when I want to look like Helen Mirren....

I'm sure you looked stunning...although we won't know unless we see pics;)

Hope you have a great time!

A huge congrats on 18 pounds....it is such a hard task.
I too will be eagerly awaiting your reports and I have to confess that I literally roared when your mom reminded you of your language - are you sure that it wasn't MY mom that you were talking to?

hey Teresa, you're going to be so near!!!!!
no ocean, just a sea separating us!!!! and only part of the sea....very cool!!

congrats on the weight you lost....in case you're looking for it, i know where you can find it (on my hips and points south :eek: )...

you're going to have such a totally awesome time!!!
have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job T!

However this is the perfect excuse to go .....SHOPPING!!!!!
Oh and by the way...I found a cool app. It's Clinton Kelly's Style RX. You put in your measurements and about an hour later it comes back with styles that are good for you and styles to avoid.

I'm so excited for you...but how are Klaus and Roxie taking it? Have you told them yet?

Looking forward to reading all about it! :surfweb:

Avoid sequins to avoid the Golden Girls look!

To lose the winter coat, my friends and I are "competing" using "points." 10 points for every 30 minute exercise session - I just walk and that seems to be working fine. And of course, I listen to the podcast while I walk! You get an additional 10 points for trying something new, so I'll be trying out a stationary bike tonight (after everyone else has left the gym, tee hee). And an additional 20 points if you manage to get in two 30 minute sessions a day. I bet a walk around the lagoon at EPCOT would be at least 30 minutes!

Instead of just competing with friends, I'm rewarding myself (non-food rewards, lol) when I reach certain point amounts. At 300 points I"m going to buy myself something new to wear, at 500 points I'm going to finally rationalize forking over the dough to join D23, etc...

Anywho, just thought I'd share what motivates me because you and the podcast team have done so much for me!!! :cheer2:

Don't forget to pack a separate bag with your essentials for the first 24 hours in case your luggage gets lost. :) :) :)

Looking forward to your posts! How exciting!

BTW, the easiest way to be pegged as a tourist in Italy? Drink cappuccino after 10:30 am. In Italy, cappuccino is for breakfast only.

Looking so forward to hearing all about your dream trip Teresa.
Congrats on the weight loss. I am right in the trenches with you doing Weight Watchers. I've lost 14.6 lbs so far & want to loose alot more, but my small goal is 40lbs by October so that I can book a couples suite spa treatment on our Dream cruise!

Mazel Tov, Teresa! You are SO going to love this cruise, and the ABD add-on is just the icing on the cake! It's a magnificent adventure! I'm looking forward to your reports!

Congrats on 18 pounds! I'd kill to lose 18 pounds! I know what you mean about the Golden Girls thing, though. The older I get, the more I go "Oh, THAT's why they wore that kind of clothes." And I have to kick myself to keep me from buying that kind of stuff! :eek:

If you have ANY questions at all about the cruise or the ABD add-on, let me know. I'm going to re-listen to your podcast about the cruise & write down some answers for the questions you brought up during it. I'll post them here & email them in, also.

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY! It's one of those trips that really does qualify as "a trip of a lifetime"!!!!

Sayhello

I'm so excited for you that you will be enjoying your lifelong DREAM trip! Hooray for following the motivation to lose some weight before your trip too - you've had a fantastic weight loss, and what a great motivator! (I can't believe the calories in pasta either! :eek:)

Have an amazing time - I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words about my weight loss.... I am trying not to stress over the weight I haven't loss..... I have taken everything out of my closet in an attempt to decide what to take on this trip. I really don't want to spend the entire time in jeans and t shirts.... Europe to me, screams for something more. I have watched way too many movies that have put a mental pic in my head... flowing skirts, scarves, beautiful shoes (uncomfortable shoes), you get the idea......

I have decided to think about a different location everyday for the next couple of weeks... todays location is Malta.....

Day #3 Ride a ferry to the island of Gozo, off rode jeep ride to explore Gozo's hidden charms and stunning cliffs, visit the master Glass blowers at the Crafts Village in Ta Dbiegi

ABD makes it sound so wonderful. I have been googling photos and info. OMG!! Am I really going to be there? I feel like I am planning one of my trips when I was a kid (300 years ago).

My mom, who has only the old Encyclopedia Britanica from my childhood, has been looking up the countries too.(I can remember the exact brilliant color photos, the wonderful stories, and travel tips for every country.)

I was always getting fussed at for not returning to books to the proper shelves in the livingroom........" we paid alot of money for these books and they are not to be left on the floor in your room or under your bed!!!!!"

And then there was the hideous time She found a small mark of I think melted chocolate in volume IJ.....

I am sure that all of the correct volumes are layed out on the kitchen table, bookmarked... (If my mom wants my dad to read something she will lay it on the table so he will see it). I am sure she has told everyone in Church and all of my aunts and Uncles who would listen.

OK, sorry.... I am rambling again

I better get back to work..... or maybe call my mom.......

T.:lovestruc

Teresa, here's a couple of photos to go with your location of the day: The island of Gozo with ABD. I'll try & post non-spoilery sorts of photos!

Looking back at the islands of Malta & Comino from Gozo:

P1010920.jpg

From the ferry sailing back to Malta:

P1010930.jpg

Sayhello

Teresa, here's a couple of photos to go with your location of the day: The island of Gozo with ABD. I'll try & post non-spoilery sorts of photos!

Looking back at the islands of Malta & Comino from Gozo:

P1010920.jpg

From the ferry sailing back to Malta:

P1010930.jpg

Sayhello

Thank you for the photos... there are no "spoilers" for me... Bring on the photos!!!!!!! It will only add to the excitement of the trip for me.

I just went to the ABD website..... the music they play really puts you in the mood for traveling........

How many were in your group when you went?

T.:)

I know you will have so much fun. My parents did a Med cruise many, many years ago and I always said I wanted to do one also. Maybe someday for me but for now I will enjoy looking at your pictures and your trip report when you get back. :goodvibes

I am so excited for you! And congratulations on the weight loss! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter