I life long Dream comes true... pre trip count down.

Thank you for the photos... there are no "spoilers" for me... Bring on the photos!!!!!!! It will only add to the excitement of the trip for me.

I just went to the ABD website..... the music they play really puts you in the mood for traveling........

How many were in your group when you went?

T.:)
Well, if you don't care about spoilers, here's a few of my favorite shots from Gozo:

The Salt pans of Gozo:

P1010810.jpg

The Azure Window:

P1010841.jpg

The Magic in the Grand Harbor of Malta:

P1010946.jpg

There were 39 of us on our ABD (29 adults & 10 kids -- although a couple of those kids were actually adults). A bit more than I'm used to (my 2 previous ABD's had 14 & 15 people!) but the Guides handled all the folks admirably! Bathroom breaks were orderly & didn't take too long, although gelato breaks did take quite a while! ;).

Sayhello

I always find it so moving to watch as someone's dream comes true. I am so unbelievably excited for you Teresa! I hope this trip is everything you wanted and MORE!

You are going on my dream trip too! I am going to be following you and your planning closely......maybe in my dreams it will feel like I'm with you.
Plus you've gotten skinny!!! Congratulations!! I hear all the walking you do on this trip balances out all the great food.
How about a long black skirt and a top or two you could change out?

Good luck and enjoy!!:dance3:

If SayHello's pictures are any indication, you really are in for a treat. Gorgeous!!!!

I'm so happy for you T....Congrats on the weight loss....keep up the good work. I look forward to the trip reports!!! Have a wonderful time.

Well, Teresa, Day 2 is Palermo, Sicily. We didn't do Palermo on our cruise, so I don't have any photos. The ABD itinerary doesn't really have much detail at this point, so I just pulled up some random images of Palermo off of google images that I thought looked cool.

Sayhello

Mondello_stabilimento.jpg

PalantineChapelPalermoSicily.jpg

Golfo_di_Mondello_Palermo.jpg

Palermo looks lovely! We visited Malta last year for a holiday - it is so nice there. We stayed in Valetta (where the ships dock) - I am sure the views will be great as you approach Malta. :)

Great day to day!!!!! I just tried on a shirt that I couldn't even get on last year and it fits!!!! Small victory over the fat!!!!!

I have a starter list with what I think I will need to pack and what I need to buy. Stella gave me a list of things she wants to eat while I am gone (this is my child for sure). I guess I will be ccoking extra and freezing for while I am away. She told me this last trip I took, she ate alot of eggs, PB&J, mac and cheese and cereal. poor thing.... I know she won't starve... but what will her hair look like when she goes to school????????? I feel the need to tell her teachers that I will be away and how she appears is not my doing.......

Today I am thinking of Palermo.....

"take part in a hands-on cultural experience in the city"
"enjoy lunch with fresh ingredients along the Mediterranean sea"
"Adults' dinner and wine experience in Palo"

I wonder what the hand on experience will be? Will I be cooking? Maybe a "hands-on experience with an Italian guy" Did I just say that out loud???? sorry... private thought... When I think of Sicily, I think of the Godfather, I think of poor little Vito having to leave his family and travel to America all alone, I think of Michael Corleone hiding out and marrying a sweet local girl who gets blown to bits....... And the rocky landscape.... and the FOOD!!!!

Klaus is looking at me today, like he knows I am leaving again. Hanging by me, going where I go... big, needy fat cat.... I love him!!!! Roxie is watching, always watching..... but doesn't seem to care as much.

Should I pack a few favorite snackes from home? Can I pack snacks? I am addicted to Chex mix chocolate caramel 100 calorie packs..... Speaking of food.. I am down to 1 Dr. Pepper per day... this is a new low for me. I usually have one at every meal.. I now only have one small (90 calorie) can at lunch.

It quote The Skinny B****ch... Soda is liquid Satan. it is the devil. it is garbage.... :scared1: But I do love Dr. Pepper.......

oh, gotta run..... a million things to do..

tata,

T.:lovestruc

Yes, you can pack snacks, as long as they are individually wrapped & sealed. So your 100 calorie snack packs should work just fine. I gave up soda a while back, too. It's so bad for you in so many ways. Why is everything good bad for you??? :confused3

Congrats on the shirt fitting! That's such a great feeling! :thumbsup2

When you you actually sail?

Sayhello

OMG!!!! in two weeks we will be in Barcelona... I found out that we have added the ABD Barcelona add on to the beginning of our trip!!!!! Added adventure!!!!!!! yipeeeeeeeee!!

My search has begun.. ( late I know!!) for a formal gown for formal night... I spent way too much time in dressing rooms yesterday. not really happy with what's out there. I end up looking like the Mother of the Bride of Frankenstein or a really old street walker. Formal is just not my thing.

Ok, today's stop to think about is Rome....... This is my Dream city, One I have thought about for 40 years....

"Visit the Vatican City and the Sistine Chapel"
"Journey through Rome and see the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Forum."
"Junior Adventurer tour of the Coliseum, while adults enjoy their own tour."

"Gelato tasting"

I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I am actually going to be in Rome...I can only Imagine......

We had Spaghetti the other night and Stella asked me if I thought I would eat Spaghetti in Italy...... My bet is, if I do, it won't be like mine.....

I wonder where we will eat in Rome? This sounds like a really long day, but one I am really looking forward to.

I know have my list done of what I will be packing, And a huge list of things to do before I leave.Not to mention the list of things I need to get.

Anyone heard about the weird things going on on planes this past week. One guy stormed the cockpit, another yesterday tried to open the Door to get out...... What the crap?????

Is there Humidity in the Med? thought about this yesterday when I was sweating my butt off here in Orlando.......

OK, I am out of here.... back to searching for the perfect dress ( I would settle for just suitable)

Tata for now,

OMG!!!! in two weeks we will be in Barcelona... I found out that we have added the ABD Barcelona add on to the beginning of our trip!!!!! Added adventure!!!!!!! yipeeeeeeeee!!

My search has begun.. ( late I know!!) for a formal gown for formal night... I spent way too much time in dressing rooms yesterday. not really happy with what's out there. I end up looking like the Mother of the Bride of Frankenstein or a really old street walker. Formal is just not my thing.

Ok, today's stop to think about is Rome....... This is my Dream city, One I have thought about for 40 years....

"Visit the Vatican City and the Sistine Chapel"
"Journey through Rome and see the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Forum."
"Junior Adventurer tour of the Coliseum, while adults enjoy their own tour."

"Gelato tasting"

I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I am actually going to be in Rome...I can only Imagine......

We had Spaghetti the other night and Stella asked me if I thought I would eat Spaghetti in Italy...... My bet is, if I do, it won't be like mine.....

I wonder where we will eat in Rome? This sounds like a really long day, but one I am really looking forward to.

I know have my list done of what I will be packing, And a huge list of things to do before I leave.Not to mention the list of things I need to get.

Anyone heard about the weird things going on on planes this past week. One guy stormed the cockpit, another yesterday tried to open the Door to get out...... What the crap?????

Is there Humidity in the Med? thought about this yesterday when I was sweating my butt off here in Orlando.......

OK, I am out of here.... back to searching for the perfect dress ( I would settle for just suitable)

Tata for now,

where you'll be visiting, the humidity isn't like orlando (at least, not when you'll be there).......so you should be a lot more comfortable.....

as for formal - i prefer a simple black dress to any of the glitzy things....but you have different coloring than i do, so you'd probably look really nice in pastels....but basic black is always in......and personally, i hate those super revealing dresses...i don't think they look good on anyone....(certainly, not someone my age, but i have a lot of years on you)..

i hadn't heard about things happening on planes...yikes!!! upsetting....
who brought the weridos under control?

Teresa, you are going to have soooooooooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!!

where you'll be visiting, the humidity isn't like orlando.......so you should be a lot more comfortable.....

as for formal - i prefer a simple black dress to any of the glitzy things....but you have different coloring than i do, so you'd probably look really nice in pastels....but basic black is always in......and personally, i hate those super revealing dresses...i don't think they look good on anyone....(certainly, not someone my age, but i have a lot of years on you)..

i hadn't heard about things happening on planes...yikes!!! upsetting....
who brought the weridos under control?

Teresa, you are going to have soooooooooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!!

I am looking at simple Black dresses... Not alot to choose from so far... seems all the "girls of size" are buying them up...

I am happy about the lower humidity..

Thanks,

ugh- just looked at the macys website...
so many ugly dresses in one place....
the evening/formals were especially hideous...

the only one i found of the little black dress variety that i kind of like is this one from the regular dept (up to size 16)...
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produ...ID=5449&LinkType=#fn=SPECIAL_OCCASIONS=Little Black Dress%26sp%3D3%26spc%3D100

but sleeveless looks terrible on me, so this one wouldn't work for me..

off to check out other stores...

I'm not sure if you have the store DressBarn there, but they have a lot of different things and good prices.

Don't let the name fool you. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter