I know this is a dumb question, but how do I get the credits? <m>

mjkacmom

DIS Veteran
We're renting DVC points, and I've purchased our park tickets already (UT - the day before the price increase - thanks everyone!). When we get to the BCV, do I give them my tickets, and the park admission and DDP is put on our key? There will be 7 of us in the villa.

Did you call DVC member services and tell them you want the dining plan? You must do that before you go, then pay for it at check in. They will put the credits on your key card.

We have added the DDP 2x this year when we rented DVC points. Once in 1/07 at SSR and for our upcoming Oct trip at AKV. As you already seem to be aware, the member has to add the plan for you. When you check in, the CM will know you have the DDP. You will receive a booklet explaining the DDP, where you can use it, etc. at checkin as well. You will pay for the DDP at check out. Your room key will house your DDP points, and not your park tickets in your case, so you hand that over when you eat out. You will receive a receipt after each meal, letting you know how many credits you have remaining. Disney really makes the whole thing easy! I think in instances where a person has a package through WDW, your park tickets/room key/DDP might be on the same card (someone will likely correct me if I am wrong about this), but you purchased your park tickets separate.

Oh, and your question is not a dumb one, by the way! Enjoy your trip!!

I've read before that you can give them your tickets and they will put them on your room key. It's certainly worth asking them when you check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter