I know I can't be the only person who thought of this...so please help me understand

I always calculate my "all in cost" that I am willing to pay and make that as a flat dollar offer. I have worked with several different brokers and each one likes to present the offer a little differently.

I really don't care whether the broker portrays the offer as with buyer paying maintenance and closing costs or seller paying those costs. It ends up being the same total out of pocket to me.

As far as ROFR, the seller gets the same cash in hand no matter how the offer is structured whether Disney takes the contract or lets it pass.

Griz

The theory is that whoever uses the points should pay the maintenance fees. As a buyer, however, my theory is that it's a sunk cost and I usually don't offer to reimburse fees. I also get told "no" a lot. I wonder if there's a connection...:rotfl:
While that theory is fairly correct for most timeshares, it doesn't apply well to DVC. DVC charges dues on a Calendar Year basis. That means if you bought a contract with a Dec, 2012 UY and no 2011 points but all 2012 points, and you reimbursed for the entire maint fees, you would have overpaid of 11/12 of the fees. For DVC and using the Dec example, your dues paid in Jan are for 11 months of the 2011 UY and 1 mo of the 2012 UY. This is where most people overpay dues on resales. I know that the major resellers take the "you get the points, you pay the fees" but they are incorrect in their application. Ultimately if you buy through them you've got to calculated that overpayment into the equation and make an overall decision for a given contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter