I guess it is OK to go to DLR in your underwear

Moving this thread to our Community Board since it's not really about Disney planning.

As long as they are at least wearing underwear or a bra. I could care less. And so could my daughter. She would probably turn to look at me and make a face saying what and why is she wearing that and thats it. I really doubt it was underwear she was wearing or else they would have told her to leave. they were probably just shorts or those really tight boy shorts that cheerleaders wear.

This thread made me laugh, a lot...

I especially liked the picture of Ariel.

After all the comments about how inappropriate it is to go to a store in your underwear, I'm concerned about all of you who walk around without your underwear on...:laughing:

On a more serious note: I would not like to see someone dressed that way in any store. But I cannot control other people, and I wouldn't have said anything because I'm not much for confrontation. And I know it wouldn't have changed anything. I do think common sense is going out the window these days though.

DLR has a dress code I believe, I doubt it applies to DTD. Honestly it doesn't matter as long as all her bits are covered (it doesn't mean I dress or approve of dressing provocatively). I mean it doesn't sound like more then you'd see at the beach or pool. Just ignore it and move on.

Last edited:
I think it's true that a billboard or tv commercial shows just as much or possibly more than what her children in saw in DTD. Our families, friends, and general community exhibit more modesty, so I don't worry too much about my daughter seeing a half naked teen running around somewhere. She has enough appropriate influences that it is clear such attire isn't normative or beneficial. The saddest part of the situation is that this young woman thought that was the best way to present herself to the world. She doesn't see herself as both beautiful enough and valuable enough for her body to be a privilege reserved for sharing with someone special. If it had been swimwear and she was at water, I wouldn't think anything of it, but outside of water, you're probably looking for attention. Yes, it is everyone's right to dress as they please, but it speaks volumes to me that when many young women want to be noticed, they equate sexually attractive with beautiful, and it simply isn't so. Just my 2 cents.

I haven't read the whole thread so it's always possible someone has pointed this out...but although what you saying is true, to some degree, it's also very possible that some teens don't really realize how they come across. I've been shopping with my much younger cousins, and the kind of (expensive) stores that market themselves to teens carry some really skimpy stuff. I am not talking about swimsuits. I'm talking about shirts and especially shorts. I've always been tall and curvaceous- actually had a principal apologize to my class after his wife made him take his daughters shopping. The week before, he'd set up a crazy dress code rule- and then after the shopping incident, he came back and apologized to his female students because he realized how hard it was to actually find modest shorts. If you are shopping in the teen section, you are inundated with the idea that "butt cheek shorts" and skimpy tanks are the norm. Teens just want to look like all of their peers and I think a lot of them don't step out and see themselves like the adults do.

Anyway...tangent...but my initial point was marketing is powerful and shorts and a bikini top on my teen body looked a lot different on some little blond who is six inches shorter and barely an A cup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter