I don't want to go to Disney World........

Stop listening to your mum.......you know she's wrong, so learn to let it go. When you learn to say 'whatever' you can face up to most things. You need to get some interests that are outside her sphere of influence.

everything gets on my nerves.
we used to be close but I don't know what happened. Its like we are two different people now. I know I have changed in the brain cuz life isn't one big happy family. it's like all dark and gloomy for me. even Disney World at this moment. my mom watches those murder mystery shows and they just get on my nerves. :(

I wish she would not watch them. :( I can't move out because of everything I am going through. She and my dad treat me differently then they do my brother.
I can't go on a trip by myself because my brother got stranded in vermont. i am not my brother.

It will take time for the Pristiq to take effect. If the therapist you are seeing is not helping enough at this point, then you need to change and see someone who works better for you. Also, if you can exercise it actually helps your body produce endorphins (I understand you may have issues with your joints, but swimming will really help and the pressure on your joints is reduced by the support of the water). A daily 30-45 minutes will make a huge difference in your attitude about yourself. Also there is a book by David D. Burns MD "Feeling Good". It is a great book where you can use the daily exercises to change the way you think about yourself so that you give yourself a chance to feel better. If you can find a support group locally join one. Getting out of the house and spending time with others will be difficult at first, but it will help in the long run. The test results should tell you whether your health issues are linked to your thyroid or not. Weight issues are obviously not the only issues in your life, you seem to be suffering from clinical depression. When your hormones are not in balance it can cause depression and weight gain. If the issues can be traced to your thyroid then over time the hormone imbalance can be addressed. For now it is good that you have reached out for help. I would make sure that your other appointments with medical providers are private and that your mother is not in the room for them. She loves you and there will be a time when she can help, but it doesn't seem to be right now. Know that you always have friends to reach out to on the boards. Hang in there.
:grouphug:

Its hard because my mom just blames all the aches and pains on me being over weight and she doesn't think medication ever helps. It's sad and irritates me into being sooooo freaking angry it's not even funny any more. :(

All she says is "take advil" it does nothing for me. I took over 6 advils yesterday and it does absolutely nothing.
I have nothing in my head. Every time I get an idea my mom puts me down like i can't take a laptop to wdw ebcause she says it will get stolen from our room.
she drives me insane but i don't know how to live on my own. i have no friends nobody. My mind is black like I don't even have a brain any more like it's empty all the time.
i don't like anything any more because stupid people/companies and have to change things. I don't adjust to change easiuly as the next person, i get attach to something
and if it changes I go balistic cuz it's extremely hard to find something i like. like it doesn't exist. Happiness doesn't exist any more. My mom used to be my favorite person in the world but now she is just a big pain in the butt

Hunny please seek help. Don't let anyone including your mother make you feel less then. You seem really depressed and there is help out there for you. Hugs to you.

I agree with everyone here.

You are MORE than a person, we all are.. I am not sure of your age, but I would definitely see the Dr. ALONE. This is a personal appointment, and most are not as candid with their mother there.

My heart goes out to you not getting the support you need from her. As a mother myself, it is heartbreaking. Have you had an open heart to heart with her about it? Letting her know how much she hurts you?

Age and size to me are just numbers. We are the person we are. You can be 20 years old or 88, 100 pounds or 600. That doesn't have an inch of reflection as to who we are. I agree with others about an endo. The thyroid has such an affect on our bodies..

I am sending you the most loving hugs and often think about you throughout the day.:hug:

I agree with the others about talking to the doctor alone.

I read on your pretrip report you are a graduate from college, that means you are of a legal age to talk to the doctor by yourself. You need to open up to the doctor about all these feelings you are having. Did you tell them that you felt like dying and all the other feelings you are having? That would make the choice of the proper medications a lot easier.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt, This is My Story

Don't let your mom treat you this way. I'm sure you love your mom a lot, but that still gives her no right to treat you this way. You need to tell her that it's unacceptable.

Is there anything that YOU like to do? Something that you can do with an end/measurable goal that is attainable? A sense of accomplishment can work wonders for a person's self confidence.

Something you also may want to look into is taking Vitamin D. I don't usually push vitamins or pills but in my experience, it has helped me a TON! Last winter, I was having pain in my arms and legs all of the time, exhausted, depressed, heart palpitations, loss of interest in everything. My doctor checked my thyroid which was normal...also checked my vitamin d level which was severely low. He put me on a prescribed dose of 8,000 iU's for 2 weeks and then taper down to 4,000 iU's a day since then and EVERYTHING has improved! I completely scoffed at him when he told me about it but he made a believer out of me.

Dear OP,

You were not brought to this life by happen chance. Your life has purpose, meaning and you are LOVED so much by the one that created you. It pains me so much to hear you hurting. We all go through times where it is difficult to just put one foot in front of the other and it sounds like this is where you are right now. Try not to focus on the big picture but just one minute at a time. Maybe make a goal each day to find one positive thing or something to be thankful for in your day. It could be as simple as a green light, the signs of fall or the kind words of the posters here. You can build on that each day until you find a new therapist to talk to. I am making a commitment to pray for you daily starting right now. :littleangel:

If you have the desire download: The Hurt and the Healer by Mercy Me

Thanks.

I am praying too. I had blood work done monday to see if there's anything with the thyroid that is making me feel like this. We had done it before but it didn't turn back anything. I am praying to god that the tests show something this time. :(. I do have most of the symptoms but the tests came back fine the last time. :(

I just want this nightmare to be over. :(

Hope things are looking up a little today. When I feel down I wtach this video and ones like it of babies laughing.

[url]http://www.wimp.com/rippingpaper/[/URL]

Sorry, I'm not sure how to make it into a link.I think I may have linked it. But, I hope it helps. When babies laugh it seems like even when you are sad you can't help but smile with them and then the smile stretches into a laugh. I hope today is going well for you and the weekend will be better.:grouphug:

Hi OP,

Thought about you today! Hope things are going well this weekend! I have been out of town but checking in. I will pray Monday that you get an answer and wisdom for the doctor. Can you tell us one positive thing that happened this weekend?? It can be anything.;)

Hi OP,

Thought about you today! Hope things are going well this weekend! I have been out of town but checking in. I will pray Monday that you get an answer and wisdom for the doctor. Can you tell us one positive thing that happened this weekend?? It can be anything.;)

I was successfull at the good Will Store... I found 2 WDW magnets and 2-3 stuffed animals right from WDW. :) I also found the pepper shaker to match my salt shaker too. :)

Also trying to work on a sewing project... a camera strap cover. i'm doing it different. instead of using fusible fleece Im using felt. I wonder how its going to be.

I was successfull at the good Will Store... I found 2 WDW magnets and 2-3 stuffed animals right from WDW. :) I also found the pepper shaker to match my salt shaker too. :)

:) I love the Good Will Store! Such finds.. Sometimes it is all about the small things:goodvibes

Also trying to work on a sewing project... a camera strap cover. i'm doing it different. instead of using fusible fleece Im using felt. I wonder how its going to be.

Awesome! Are you into photography?? Trying to find something good in every day takes practice and can become a habit if we do it enough. My daughter just started crocheting a few months ago as an elective at school. It has been a little tough because she is left handed and the teacher is right handed. Anyway it really relaxes her; she is a high strung kid, lol!

I am thinking about your apt. today. Please let us know how it goes!

You need to undergo more than a thyroid test. As someone you has been where you're at I recommend seeing an actual psychologist or psychiatrist who can properly test and diagnose you. One of the main things that seems to be making you depressed is the fact that your mother is very negative towards you and you feel like you don't have control of your life. How old are you? My next bit of advice regarding how to gain control of your life will depend on your age.

Finally, regarding your weight. Some people are happy being overweight but at least for me and many other people I know being overweight makes them less happy and sometimes even depressed. Right now I need to lose about 60 pounds. I got there because I got too busy to exercise and cook healthy meals. Now I have less energy, get tired more easily and find it more difficult to climb stairs. It's hard to find clothes that fit me properly in my closet and the ones that fit me right are more than I can afford right now. Add all that up and I feel like crap. Last week I started eating healthier meals and am trying to live a more active life. Even though I haven't lost more than a pound or two yet I am starting to feel better and my bad mood is starting to lift.

If you really want to stop being depressed you need to look at yourself holistically and be willing to do the mental and physical heavy lifting it takes to get there. You can do it but you are the one who has to choose to do it.

Thanks for all the advice. It really helps put things into perspective sort to speak. I'm here to close this thread sort to speak because I won't be checking back here again. But I do appreciate all the advice you gave me.

Thanks for all the advice. It really helps put things into perspective sort to speak. I'm here to close this thread sort to speak because I won't be checking back here again. But I do appreciate all the advice you gave me.

I hope you are doing okay. I'm not sure how old you are but when I was under 20 I remember thinking I thought the world was against me and I was all on my own. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that was not the case at all.

You are different, many of us are and understand.

It takes alot for people like us to make connections with others and to hold them for any length of time.

The world has always been alien to me, even at 40 years old.
The good news is, being different is awsome! And when you finally meet a few people like yourself, those relationships carry you along

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter