I did it, I booked a solo trip

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
So I am going May 6 to May 10th. POP Century. 5 day park hopper ticket.
I have never gone solo and am kind of excited about being accountable to nobody but me.
I may make one dining reservation for someplace special but not even sure I will do that.
please tell me I am doing the right thing?
I have flown solo before but never really taken a solo vacation. I was always going to visit someone or was taking my grandson with me to Disney.

I have never gone solo and am kind of excited about being accountable to nobody but me.
I may make one dining reservation for someplace special but not even sure I will do that.
I have flown solo before but never really taken a solo vacation. I was always going to visit someone or was taking my grandson with me to Disney.
I have never done a solo vacation, but sounds magical! Enjoy the trip!

I've done 5 solo trips ranging from 3-8 days and it is an amazing way to experience Disney. I love the flexibility....eat where, when and what you want, hang at the pool, people watch, go on your favourite attractions multiple times, stop for a relaxing beverage at one of the lounges etc. It's great!

You'll have a blast! Most of my solo trips have been shorter add on to other trips where I was already in town for business and then hopped over for a night or two, but I'm booked for a 4 night in April by myself and am super excited for it. Because most of my solo trips have been short; I've not booked any table service reservations; but have at least one per day for this next trip. I'm trying several places for the first time and am really looking forward to it. Have a great time!

I did a 5 days solo trip in 2019 (coming from germany) and it was the very best thing i ever did in my life. I loved the freedom of changing plans constantly , doing everything in your own pace. I just kept on adding more dining reservations at sit down restaurants because i felt like it. - trust me - you will enjoy it :) Have a great time !

I almost made my first solo trip last month. It was all booked but COVID struck, Disney cancelled the race and travel from the UK was banned. I'll get my solo trip one day, enjoy yours :)

For the past 10 years (last year being the exception) I've taken at least one, sometime two solo trips a year. I would almost say I enjoy them more than when my adult son goes with me. It's just easier for me to do what I want when I want. While he and I get along great and have just about the same tastes there are times I would rather either ride a ride he can't (nerve damage in his spinal cord) or doesn't like to ride (CoP I'm looking at you my love). I'm going on my first trip back since Jan. 2020, which was with my son, solo in mid-April. I'm only staying 4 nights, which is short for me, I usually go 5 to 7 nights but plan on making the most of it. I've reserved my parks but otherwise everything else is open. I have PHs and plan on hopping over to Epcot every afternoon if it's not full to enjoy F&G booths for most of my meals. I would recommend if you have never eaten out solo maybe you do that once while at home and somewhere you are used to. I eat out a lot solo because my hubby and I have totally different tastes in food and there are places he doesn't like to eat at that I just need to every once in awhile. He also doesn't like to travel and I do, so solo I go.

If it's something you want to do, then I think there's no other place better to solo travel. I love my solo trips. I make plans. I break plans. I sleep in. I wake up at the crack of dawn.

It's all up to you!

I’m going for my 1st solo trip in exactly 4 weeks. I’ve been vacillating between excited/nervous. Mostly though I can’t wait. I‘ll definitely miss my dog but my family is what I need a vacation from. I miss my pre COVID alone time

I recommend it. While solo trips are not the same as being in WDW with others, there are definite perks.
I've been solo at Pop and its a great place to be on your own. Lounge at one of the 3 pools, anytime, with or without a beverage from the Petals Pool Bar...take a walk along Hourglass Lake....reserve a reservation at any dining spot at any resort of your choosing.

Went to WDW for eight days in May 2019 solo during the Garden Show. I enjoyed High Tea at the Grand Floridian, the tea tour and snacks at EPCOT, the food tour at MK and the Garden Tour at EPCOT. I had a wonderful week. Each morning I got up and did one or two loops walking around Hourglass Lake, had an energy bar for breakfast, and set out for my day. One night mid-week I did laundry and sat by the pool and read. This allowed me to pack half the things I usually pack which meant one piece of luggage and not two. One evening I had a prime seat at MK for the fireworks and did the same one evening at Hollywood. I was also able to enjoy an evening at EPCOT via a DVC special event. I spent some time at Disney Springs and did a bit of exploring of resorts I had not been to. I had a great week. ENJOY your time!!

I'm doing the same thing next week. First solo trip due to my son being unable to fly (and therefore having alternate enjoyable plans of his own). Feel a little uncertain but am also looking forward to it.

Awesome that you are going for it. :flower1: Did my first solo last fall and liked it. This year trying it again with dining reservations. Not sure how I am going to feel eating at a table service restaurant on my own but I got to try it! You will enjoy your trip.

Have a great time! You will have a good time being at Disney no matter what. It will just be different so be prepared for that. If you find yourself missing out on company maybe you could focus on documenting your trip share here in a trip report. I don't think now is the time to strike up random conversations with others due to social distancing, I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like it lends itself to meeting new people.

You’ll have a blast and 5 days is a good length for a first solo trip. Not too short and not too long! You can see how you like it. I agree with prior poster that the ability to strike up conversations with folks right now might be more limited than normal. If you are comfortable with indoor dining, I’d agree with picking a favorite TS restaurant so you can see how you feel with solo dining. But if you aren’t, since you bought a hopper, I’d be hopping to EP each day to check out a food booth during F&G!

You are going to have a blast ,been going myself for the last few trips , before that went a couple of times with parents and sister and her family . Always ended up in the morning waiting for sister , hubby and kids to get up after sitting up till 2/3 in the morning then they wanted to sleep late .
Going yourself you do what you want , eat what you want , get in the single rider line . I've been for two weeks or more at a time and love it.
Main thing is enjoy yourself

Awesome for you!! Ill be on property 5/2-5/8 myself, solo. It will be my forth solo trip to Disney. I would definitely treat yourself to a dinner reservation. I treat myself a few times a trip. You are definitely doing the right thing. Enjoy.

Awesome for you!! Ill be on property 5/2-5/8 myself, solo. It will be my forth solo trip to Disney. I would definitely treat yourself to a dinner reservation. I treat myself a few times a trip. You are definitely doing the right thing. Enjoy.

I booked the boathouse for Saturday dinner hoping to sit outside (if they have outside dining) and order a yummy lobster roll.
I also booked Olivia's for breakfast on Mothers Day, banana bread french toast :)

If it's something you want to do, then I think there's no other place better to solo travel. I love my solo trips. I make plans. I break plans. I sleep in. I wake up at the crack of dawn.

It's all up to you!
This is sooooo me!!! I love my solo trips! I make plans. I break plans. I sleep in. I wake up early.

The people I travel with are usually flexible when we are initially making our plans, but once those plans are made, if I decide I don't feel like doing something that we had planned, they sometimes get bent out of shape about it. I love being able to to what I want when I want.

One of the down-sides to not having a travel partner is that I have to eat all of the treats myself! We usually split our treats so we get to try more things. :)

Enjoy your trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter