I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

Hey Andy! Here for another TR... Hope you guys had a blast. Good luck getting the glitter out. Pretty sure my parents still have some in their carpet from when we were kids, lol.

Oh… and I shouldn’t forget to mention, this is going to be her second visit to Disney World while being pregnant.

:cool1::cool1: CONGRATS!!! When is baby #3 due?? Hopefully DW did well while pregnant in WDW.. I'm sure she handled it like a pro.

Totally see where you're coming from about the trip without DS. I'm sure he had a blast being with his grandparents and he'll have just as much fun with you guys next time. My parents left me behind once, only I was 20 and wasn't nearly as thrilled. ;)

I hope DD had tons of fun and then some! How old was she last time you guys went? Less than 3, right? I'm sure it was all kinds of magical this time around. Princesses galore.

For those of you who have already read some of the crap I put out there… why did you come back for more?

Masochistic.
What's your excuse???

Obviously, not everything went 100% as planned.

I believe you!
You plan for things to take a certain amount of time and the darned buses are too fast!
You hardly have time to catch your breath!

That's what you mean, right?

I’ve been working on adding some stickers and borders to pictures for a few days now and I’m about to just say screw it and download them as they are. It is S L O W.

A rude joke occurs to me.
But since it's your first post on a TR that you're kind enough to start...
I'll restrain myself... until the next update.

My parents took me, and on subsequent trips my sisters as well

Older sister. She just didn't make the cut that first time.

Now, she’s pretty

Oh, I've seen pictures. I'm sure she's always been pretty.

You, on the other hand....

Whoops! So much for restraint!

Oh… and I shouldn’t forget to mention, this is going to be her second visit to Disney World while being pregnant.

If you keep going to WDW, you'll have a really big family.

Our other child, DS, didn’t go along with us this time. We thought about it. We considered all angles, but in the end, we felt it was best to keep him at home.

Did you tell him you were going to WDW?

It turned out just fine… he had a blast spending a few nights with both sets of his grandparents. He was excited about getting to do that. And he got a lot of Star Wars souvenirs, so he really wasn’t disappointed about the whole thing.

That's good.

The overall plan for the trip would have me leaving work on Thursday, driving part way to Florida and stop for the night using hotel points.

Curious. You're job would pay for airfare or mileage... but not the hotel?
Or was fuel + hotel > airfare?

Pretty simple, right???

Absolutely?
What was that middle part again?

She could, and still can, hold it for hours.

I've got a DD like that!

The other one... not even close.

She is just even more stubborn than I am, if that is possible.

I wouldn't have thought so.

In a way she was ridiculously hard to potty train.

I remember worrying about that with our first... or possibly second. I don't remember now.
But I heard something from Oprah of all people that made me stop worrying about it.
"How many teenagers do you know who aren't potty trained."

i.e. Relax. It'll happen when it happens.

Up to the point that we left for this trip, she’d never had an accident.

Uh, oh...

Just be warned that sarcasm and strong opinions run rampant in my TR’s.

What? No way! I totally don't believe that!

My truck still looks like somebody puked glitter all over the backseat.

:lmao:

GREAT intro!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

I think it is great that this visit focused on your daughter and what she wanted to do.

princess:

I am so in agreement with you about the glitter thing.

An important part of my job is doing crafts with preschoolers. We have all sorts of beautiful glitter to use, but I refuse. Goats and horses and sheep projects do NOT need glitter decorations.

:tink:

Not gonna lie, makes me feel a little better hearing that it took that long to potty train DD. My Landon will be 3 in April and is nowhere near potty trained. He did awesome for about a week. Then reverted back.

Ah, the potty training hot-button issue.

Every kid is different, and I don't think I have met a parent who is not concerned with the potty-training process as they are going through it. My oldest son was 4 when he (he) made the decision to use the toilet. In fact, he would ask for diapers when he needed to go, and like Andy's daughter, would not go unless the proper conditions were met.

But I can assure you, in a very real testimonial that others are surely insisting to you

"He won't go to college in diapers"

::yes::

Oh yeah... DS was probably 3 when we got him to do it. I'll say this about our kids. It frustrated us to no end that our friends and family could all somehow get their kids trained when they were barely 2 and our kids took forever. But in the end, once we got them there, they were ready and did very well without accidents or reverting back. Even DD... although the trip might have thrown a few curve balls at us.

Both of our kids were pretty slow to pick it up. But once they got it, they were pretty much ready and we didn't have to fight too many issues. The trip might have thrown us a bit of a wrinkle though.

Every kid is different, and I don't think I have met a parent who is not concerned with the potty-training process as they are going through it. My oldest son was 4 when he (he) made the decision to use the toilet. In fact, he would ask for diapers when he needed to go, and like Andy's daughter, would not go unless the proper conditions were met.

But I can assure you, in a very real testimonial that others are surely insisting to you

We're still working on it with Little Miss so don't feel bad. Though prepare yourselves As I recently just discovered, All Potty training that occurs in the months leading up to a major change (like a move) can be counted as lost once that change happens. We were almost out of pull ups completly and then the move happened and we are back to wet pull ups every time she sleeps.

It's good to hear not every kid potty trains at 2. I used to work in childcare, and it seemed like the kids who were still in pull-ups at 3 were the anomaly. All but a handful of Landon's friends are out of diapers, and so I've been feeling the pressure lately to get the kid to keep up. However, I won't lie, I haven't been trying my absolute hardest. First, it was so difficult to get him on the potty with his leg cast, then I knew he'd just revert back once we brought Evie home. And now with us moving, I don't see him sticking with it. (And who could blame him? Poor kid is going to be without his toys and bed for 3-4 months, living out of a hotel, flying on an airplane for the first time, and not being able to see all his friends and family anymore.)
So I guess I just feel better knowing everyone's not going to look at me like I've got two heads when I show up to a new place with a 3 year old who's still sporting his diapers.

(Insert picture here) - Seriously, is it just me or is the Photopass web app a pain in the rear? I’ve been working on adding some stickers and borders to pictures for a few days now and I’m about to just say screw it and download them as they are. It is S L O W.

Yes! I eventually just dedicated an hour and a half one night and edited all the photos I had and downloaded them. Definitely took forever.

How far along was she the first time she went while pregnant? And how is she feeling this time around?

And besides all that, we wanted to give DD a chance to be the focus of attention as he was on a trip just before DD was born.

I've wondered about that. I haven't even had this child yet and i'm already feeling bad for him. DS has done SO MUCH as far as traveling, i'm not sure how we'll ever 'make up' for it, if that makes sense.

Before we continue, I want to share some background information about DD. She will turn 4 in April. And she just became “potty trained” at Christmas. It wasn’t that we never tried. This girl has ridiculous bladder control. She just refused to go. We’d put her in underwear and she wouldn’t have an accident. She just wouldn’t go. She could, and still can, hold it for hours. She’d be walking around in visible physical pain. We’d sit her on the potty and nothing. We’d finally just put her in a diaper to keep her from getting an infection or something and she’d instantly go. We tried offering bribes. We tried everything. She is just even more stubborn than I am, if that is possible. It just so happened that on Christmas Eve, DW asked her if she wanted to try to use the potty like a big girl. She did. It was an immediate success, and we’ve never looked back. In a way she was ridiculously hard to potty train. In another sense, it ended up being a piece of cake. Up to the point that we left for this trip, she’d never had an accident.

Wow that is definitely a great Christmas present indeed! And even better that she kept it up while on vacation! :cool1:

And duh, i'm totally in for this :cool1:

Hi Andy!! :wave: I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm in!!

Congrats on the new baby! YOur wife is a super mom for doing Disney pregnant, twice.

Can't wait to see all the princess fun unfold!

Peeked at your post a few days ago, but just now had time to sit down and catch up on comments...glad you've started and looking forward to hearing about this trip!

(Insert picture here) - Seriously, is it just me or is the Photopass web app a pain in the rear? I’ve been working on adding some stickers and borders to pictures for a few days now and I’m about to just say screw it and download them as they are. It is S L O W.
I remember feeling like the Photopass website was a strange torture device after our last trip. :headache:

It turned out just fine… he had a blast spending a few nights with both sets of his grandparents. He was excited about getting to do that. And he got a lot of Star Wars souvenirs, so he really wasn’t disappointed about the whole thing.
Glad it worked out well and DS had a good week! Congrats on his reading improvement too!

Before we continue, I want to share some background information about DD. She will turn 4 in April. And she just became “potty trained” at Christmas. It wasn’t that we never tried. This girl has ridiculous bladder control. She just refused to go. We’d put her in underwear and she wouldn’t have an accident. She just wouldn’t go. She could, and still can, hold it for hours. She’d be walking around in visible physical pain. We’d sit her on the potty and nothing. We’d finally just put her in a diaper to keep her from getting an infection or something and she’d instantly go. We tried offering bribes. We tried everything. She is just even more stubborn than I am, if that is possible. It just so happened that on Christmas Eve, DW asked her if she wanted to try to use the potty like a big girl. She did. It was an immediate success, and we’ve never looked back. In a way she was ridiculously hard to potty train. In another sense, it ended up being a piece of cake. Up to the point that we left for this trip, she’d never had an accident.
Glad she finally decided to use the potty! If it helps, I can relate to the Disney accident thing. :rolleyes1

Hello Andy! I'm here admit I was a lurker on your last trip report, but this time I'll get out of the shadows and take part in all the whitty banter...well, take part anyway... whitty?...who knows :)

If you’re a Dad who is on the Disboards and not part of the Disdads, why not? Get on over there and say hi!
You know, I might just do that. The membership rules aren't too hard, are they? :tongue:

Last edited:
HI Andy! :wave: Can't wait to hear about the trip!

Pretty simple, right???

Yup, sure. :thumbsup2

It just so happened that on Christmas Eve, DW asked her if she wanted to try to use the potty like a big girl. She did. It was an immediate success, and we’ve never looked back. In a way she was ridiculously hard to potty train. In another sense, it ended up being a piece of cake. Up to the point that we left for this trip, she’d never had an accident.

It's so funny how quick these things happen when they're ready. It's so frustrating in the meantime, :scared:

My truck still looks like somebody puked glitter all over the backseat.

:rotfl2:

Joining in! I can't wait for the glitter!
Welcome! And you can have all the glitter you want! Just keep it away from me.

Here for the ride!
Hi, I'm glad you're here!

A day late but I'm here!
It's never too late. I still haven't even started on the next update or finished fighting with photopass. :rolleyes1

Hey Andy! Here for another TR... Hope you guys had a blast. Good luck getting the glitter out. Pretty sure my parents still have some in their carpet from when we were kids, lol.
I'm glad you're here!

Glitter is just evil. Somebody who wanted to unleash an evil curse on the world must have invented it as a cruel prank.

:cool1::cool1: CONGRATS!!! When is baby #3 due?? Hopefully DW did well while pregnant in WDW.. I'm sure she handled it like a pro.
June. And she did handle it very well.

Totally see where you're coming from about the trip without DS. I'm sure he had a blast being with his grandparents and he'll have just as much fun with you guys next time. My parents left me behind once, only I was 20 and wasn't nearly as thrilled. ;)
Yeah, he was just fine with everything, actually. He knew we were going to Florida and he knew part of the trip was the conference that we attended last year before our visit to Disneyland... and he hated the conference part so he was pretty much ok with it.

I hope DD had tons of fun and then some! How old was she last time you guys went? Less than 3, right? I'm sure it was all kinds of magical this time around. Princesses galore.
Yes, she was about 2 1/2 last time.

I'm here! :wave: Can't wait to hear more about your Universal visit and your princess filled Disney trip!!princess:
Hi! I'm glad you're here! I'm looking forward to getting things going!

Masochistic.
What's your excuse???
Hey, I'm just writing it. I don't have to read it.

I believe you!
You plan for things to take a certain amount of time and the darned buses are too fast!
You hardly have time to catch your breath!

That's what you mean, right?
Something like that... :rolleyes1

A rude joke occurs to me.
But since it's your first post on a TR that you're kind enough to start...
I'll restrain myself... until the next update.
Thanks.

Older sister. She just didn't make the cut that first time.

Oh, I've seen pictures. I'm sure she's always been pretty.

You, on the other hand....

Whoops! So much for restraint!
:sad2:

If you keep going to WDW, you'll have a really big family.
Is that how it works? :rolleyes1

Did you tell him you were going to WDW?
Um... I think so. We made a point to not make a big deal of it, but we had discussed some plans around him. We definitely told him after we got home.

That's good.

Curious. You're job would pay for airfare or mileage... but not the hotel?
Or was fuel + hotel > airfare?
Well, not quite that simple. And it wasn't my employer that was paying, but the ag organization that I work with on a volunteer basis. Basically they would pay for a flight to Orlando, my hotel at the conference facility and up to $35 per day for food. But I'm on the hook for transportation to and from both airports and any other expenses incurred. Now if I could drive for cheaper than I could fly, they'd pay my mileage. In my case, it was more expensive to drive, but they'd pay mileage up to a set amount. This amount turned out to be a number that was more than enough to pay for all my fuel and parking at the conference hotel, so why not drive and save some expense once we get there?

The hotel was kind of irrelevant to it all. I'd normally drive straight through, but DW didn't want me doing that driving alone and I had some hotel points to use so that's what I did.

Absolutely?
What was that middle part again?
I don't know. I've already thrown the plan out the window.

I've got a DD like that!

The other one... not even close.

I wouldn't have thought so.
Me neither!

I remember worrying about that with our first... or possibly second. I don't remember now.
But I heard something from Oprah of all people that made me stop worrying about it.
"How many teenagers do you know who aren't potty trained."

i.e. Relax. It'll happen when it happens.

Uh, oh...
:sad2:

What? No way! I totally don't believe that!
I know, right?

GREAT intro!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
Thanks! I'm glad you're here.

I think it is great that this visit focused on your daughter and what she wanted to do.

princess:
It turned out really well. I'm glad we could do it.

I am so in agreement with you about the glitter thing.

An important part of my job is doing crafts with preschoolers. We have all sorts of beautiful glitter to use, but I refuse. Goats and horses and sheep projects do NOT need glitter decorations.

:tink:
I applaud your resistance to that crap!

:thumbsup2

It's good to hear not every kid potty trains at 2. I used to work in childcare, and it seemed like the kids who were still in pull-ups at 3 were the anomaly. All but a handful of Landon's friends are out of diapers, and so I've been feeling the pressure lately to get the kid to keep up. However, I won't lie, I haven't been trying my absolute hardest. First, it was so difficult to get him on the potty with his leg cast, then I knew he'd just revert back once we brought Evie home. And now with us moving, I don't see him sticking with it. (And who could blame him? Poor kid is going to be without his toys and bed for 3-4 months, living out of a hotel, flying on an airplane for the first time, and not being able to see all his friends and family anymore.)
So I guess I just feel better knowing everyone's not going to look at me like I've got two heads when I show up to a new place with a 3 year old who's still sporting his diapers.
It'll be alright. I'm sure parents in Germany have the same issues.

Hey, I'm just writing it. I don't have to read it.

:rotfl:

Something like that... :rolleyes1

knew it.

Is that how it works? :rolleyes1

It's the love bugs.

Um... I think so. We made a point to not make a big deal of it, but we had discussed some plans around him. We definitely told him after we got home.

Uh, huh.

Fast forward a few years.
"Dad? Can I have the keys to the truck?"
"Well, son. I don't know..."
"Hey Dad! Remember when the whole family ditched me and you guys all went to Disney World without me?"
"<sobbing> Okay! Okay! Here's the keys. Oh... just keep the truck!"

Well, not quite that simple. And it wasn't my employer that was paying, but the ag organization that I work with on a volunteer basis. Basically they would pay for a flight to Orlando, my hotel at the conference facility and up to $35 per day for food. But I'm on the hook for transportation to and from both airports and any other expenses incurred. Now if I could drive for cheaper than I could fly, they'd pay my mileage. In my case, it was more expensive to drive, but they'd pay mileage up to a set amount. This amount turned out to be a number that was more than enough to pay for all my fuel and parking at the conference hotel, so why not drive and save some expense once we get there?

The hotel was kind of irrelevant to it all. I'd normally drive straight through, but DW didn't want me doing that driving alone and I had some hotel points to use so that's what I did.

Got it.

Yes! I eventually just dedicated an hour and a half one night and edited all the photos I had and downloaded them. Definitely took forever.
It really is frustrating. I kind of want to add a few stickers and borders, yet I'm also on the verge of just downloading them as they are.

How far along was she the first time she went while pregnant? And how is she feeling this time around?
Um... you're asking me to remember things and do math stuff.

I think she told somebody yesterday that she's 19 weeks. So for our trip... about 17 1/2 weeks.

She was probably 20 or 22 weeks or something like that the previous time. So this was nothin'.

I've wondered about that. I haven't even had this child yet and i'm already feeling bad for him. DS has done SO MUCH as far as traveling, i'm not sure how we'll ever 'make up' for it, if that makes sense.
It will be fine! There will still be plenty of fun to be had for him.
Wow that is definitely a great Christmas present indeed! And even better that she kept it up while on vacation! :cool1:
::yes:: We did have some issues, but she never actually reverted back to her days in diapers.

And duh, i'm totally in for this :cool1:
Always great to have you here.

Hi Andy!! :wave: I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm in!!
Hi! And you're totally not as late as I am to yours. I missed your TR after you got back. I'm kind of bad about actually going to the board and looking for new ones getting posted, so I didn't realize you started it until I saw your sig. I'll be over there to check it out later!

Congrats on the new baby! YOur wife is a super mom for doing Disney pregnant, twice.
She handled it really well both times.

Can't wait to see all the princess fun unfold!
Oh, there's plenty of princesses.

Which aside from the glitter, isn't all bad. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:I'm ready princess:
:thumbsup2

So THIS is where the party went to... (Sorry, I'm late- fashionably, though, right?)
You're not that late. I'm glad you're here though. Did you bring the margaritas? Because if not, this party is going to be a dud.

Spare me. Is ANYTHING about planning a Disney trip simple?
Yes. It all has to start with one question.

Do you want to go to Disney World?

Why else would I be here?
Because you live a boring life and have so much free time that you don't know what to do with all of it.

HEY, wait a minute....
It's a 2 way street... :rolleyes1

Peeked at your post a few days ago, but just now had time to sit down and catch up on comments...glad you've started and looking forward to hearing about this trip!
Thanks! I'm glad you're here. And I hope you'll be posting about your Disneyland experience!

I remember feeling like the Photopass website was a strange torture device after our last trip. :headache:
Yeah, I wanted to do some more stickers and borders, but I think I might just download the pictures as they are and be done with it.

Glad it worked out well and DS had a good week! Congrats on his reading improvement too!
Thanks! It worked out better than we could have expected. I was starting to get upset though, because we had snow early that week and he missed school Monday and Tuesday... the 2 extra days we'd have had to pull him out of school. We were starting to kick ourselves, but in the end, I think it worked out just great.

Glad she finally decided to use the potty! If it helps, I can relate to the Disney accident thing. :rolleyes1
Really? Even when you visit a potty every 25 seconds? :rolleyes1

Hello Andy! I'm here admit I was a lurker on your last trip report, but this time I'll get out of the shadows and take part in all the whitty banter...well, take part anyway... whitty?...who knows :)
Hi! I'm glad you came out of lurkerdom and joined the conversation.

And there's nothing witty about this banter.

You know, I might just do that. The membership rules aren't too hard, are they? :tongue:
They let me, @pkondz , @GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes and @Captain_Oblivious in.

So yes, we'll take anyone.

And he did! Look what you started, Andy.
This is all your fault!
Look at page 1. I believe there's a MAN LAW that we have a membership drive every so often. Or maybe it is just something we talked about once but never made a MAN LAW.

HI Andy! :wave: Can't wait to hear about the trip!
Hi! Thanks for joining!

Yup, sure. :thumbsup2
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

It's so funny how quick these things happen when they're ready. It's so frustrating in the meantime, :scared:
::yes:: It really was frustrating, especially since her preschool won't allow diapers. She's actually been going to pre-school all year in underwear - never had an accident - and then put a diaper on and goes after she gets picked up.

But it really was easy once she finally decided the toilet won't eat her, or got over whatever her big hang up was.

Look at page 1. I believe there's a MAN LAW that we have a membership drive every so often. Or maybe it is just something we talked about once but never made a MAN LAW.

You expect me to actually read stuff on there???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter