I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

joining in ... seems like you decided on a plan that makes sense. And nice that you will get one last trip with your DD before the new arrival. I noticed you worded that as "before she becomes a middle child" not "before she becomes a big sister" ;) Congrats on the new addition by the way!

Oh, the joys of potty training. My favorite related story is still of my wife as she was fully potty trained but then decided she wanted a puppy and became "un-potty trained" until her parents go her one. Fortunately she hasn't pulled the same stunt on me .... yet

oh, and sorry about that truck ... but the glitter McFlurry sounded so good!

Joining in!! Gotta come back and catch up but wanted to let you know I made it here. :)

You expect me to actually read stuff on there???
Just Man Laws :rolleyes1

Eventually. I have a bit of a backlog of TRs to write...
I know. :rolleyes1

Just because you visit and have to go doesn't mean you do...
Excellent point.

oh, and sorry about that truck ... but the glitter McFlurry sounded so good!
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Joining in!! Gotta come back and catch up but wanted to let you know I made it here. :)
Hi, I'm glad you're here! I'm not exactly off to a fast start, so take your time!

You're not that late. I'm glad you're here though. Did you bring the margaritas? Because if not, this party is going to be a dud.

margaritabanner.jpg

Why yes, yes, I did. I may even share.

Yes. It all has to start with one question.

Do you want to go to Disney World?

Very true.

Because you live a boring life and have so much free time that you don't know what to do with all of it.

Well yeah, there is that. Very, very boring. ;)

It's a 2 way street... :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

Boring Travel Stuff - And a Contest!

The New Year came, and I was excited.

I already had my bags packed and I only had 2 full days of work before I’d be leaving for Florida. Monday and Tuesday dragged on seemingly forever. On Wednesday, I had a meeting to attend that would have me out of the office. This meeting was basically unrelated to my conference, but it was with that organization. They announced that they wanted to have a brief meeting with those of us heading to Orlando at the end of the afternoon, so I stuck around.

We discussed some basic information about the trip and the area we’d be staying. They informed us that because of an election that would be taking place to appoint a new president of the national organization, they wanted Indiana to act and look professional while there since we were trying to get our state president elected for this position.

This meant they wanted us to wear a jacket and tie.

I’m not a jacket and tie type of person. I’ll wear one if I have to, but I do it under protest. It isn’t like I was planning to dress like a slob. Business casual is typically ok for this event and that is what I had planned. I wasn’t planning to take a jacket, but I actually did pack a tie to wear on the day of the election.

In addition to that piece of news, they informed us that we were supposed to be at an event at the Trade Show at 4pm on Saturday. My plan for Saturday was to just get checked in and register and then head over to the Poly for dinner at Ohana with the Disdads. There wasn’t any rigid schedule for Saturday until they laid this one on us. Unfortunately, this meant I had to back out of my plans to meet the Disdads for dinner. I’d really been looking forward to that, so it was a big disappointment.

I was kind of frustrated when I left that afternoon. It wasn’t anything that was a really big deal, but it is information that could have easily been shared in one of the many e-mails they had sent out in the prior weeks.

So I proceeded to return home and completely re-pack. I was really hoping to have nothing to do that evening so I could hang out with DS before I had to leave.

I managed to re-pack and loaded our luggage into my truck. Since I was driving, DW and DD only planned to take a backpack on the plane with snacks and items they’d need for the flight.

I went to work on Thursday morning and I was impatiently waiting to leave. I intended to stay until everyone cycled through lunch, and then when it was my turn, I’d hit the road. The time finally came:

A couple of hours later, I made it to Kentucky:

Then into Tennessee:

The drive as a whole wasn’t bad. I hit Nashville during rush hour and according to the “Time to Beat” on my GPS, I lost maybe 20 minutes. It was dark when I rolled into Georgia, so I didn’t get a picture of that sign. I hit another delay due to construction in northern Georgia. This one cost me another 40 minutes, but surprisingly, I cruised right through Atlanta without so much as slowing down. I arrived at my hotel at just after 10 pm… an hour later than I hoped, but not bad. Since I was driving by myself, I really didn’t stop at all as I was driving. Just a quick stop if I needed to use the restroom or a quick snack or fuel.

My hotel for the night was the Fairfield Inn at McDonough, GA. I stayed there on points, and I quickly came to the realization that this is one of those hotels that likes to punish you for getting a free room.

I walked all the way to the end of the hall to my room, tried the key and it didn’t work. They’d given me 2 keys so I tried the second one. Still no luck. I went back to the desk and he gave me 2 new keys. This time I was able to get in. I had snacked some while driving, but didn’t take time to stop for dinner so I was a little bit hungry. I didn’t want to go get something to eat so I just ate some fruit I brought with me, took a shower and went to bed so I could get a good night’s sleep before finishing my drive.

And then someone in the room above me took a shower.

Holy crap.

Apparently the room they gave me is positioned so that all plumbing draining the building runs through the wall at the headboard of the bed. I could hear water rushing every time someone flushed a toilet, turned on a sink or took a shower. I was in bed unable to sleep for a few hours. Granted, part of that was probably the excitement of getting some Disney time the next day, but the noise wasn’t helping. Every time I’d get close to drifting off somebody would flush a toilet or something.

I think it was around 1 am when I was still wide awake and I contemplated just going back out to my truck and leaving. I could be in Orlando to see the sunrise.

Fortunately, it didn’t come to that and I fell asleep shortly thereafter.

Although that didn’t even last long. I’m assuming that others in the hotel got up at around 5:30 or so to shower and prepare for the day, because I woke up at 5:45 without the assistance of an alarm clock. This is 30 minutes earlier than I get up at home on a work day, so clearly some external force disrupted my slumber.

I got up and got ready to head out, myself. I took my bag back out to the truck and headed into the breakfast area. It was ok, nothing special. They had some cereal, fruit and muffins. I had a bowl of Cheerios, a blueberry muffin and a banana. They also had a “hot” breakfast area that seemed a bit odd. Usually, you’ll see biscuits and gravy, or sausage and eggs or bacon and eggs. Something like that. In this case, they had turkey sausage patties or pork sausage patties. Nothing to really go with them. I mean, I guess I could have cut a blueberry muffin in half and made a breakfast sandwich… without any eggs or cheese.

Oh well, protein is protein. I had some of each.

I got myself fed and I was out of there and on the road before 7 am.

The drive through Georgia was pretty smooth. I did get a picture at the Florida state line:

20160108_094736_2.jpg

When I stopped at the welcome center, I was starting to worry a little bit. It was cold enough that I could see my breath. This isn’t supposed to happen in Florida!!!

I took the turnpike down to get onto I-4 at Orlando, and when I hit the ramp to I-4 West, traffic was at a standstill. I stopped for a minute or 2. Nothing was moving, at all. I was still back at the point where I could get to I-4 West or East. I could see the interstate and it was moving fine, so clearly there was something blocking the ramp which I confirmed on my traffic app. Instead of just sitting there, I jumped on to I-4 East, got turned back the right direction at the first ramp I came to and it was smooth sailing to this beautiful sight:

20160108_131257.jpg

Shortly after that, I was here:

20160108_131502.jpg

I had received a text at around 10 am that my room was ready, so I parked and went to look for my room. I found this nice path to walk from the parking lot towards the building I would be staying in. I was just soaking in the sights and smells of being at a Disney resort.

20160108_132624_1.jpg

Since I was by myself and only carrying in one small bag, I actually got pictures of the room before unpacking ensued:

20160108_132845_2.jpg

20160108_132858.jpg

20160108_132911_1.jpg

And the view from outside my door:

20160108_140158_2.jpg

20160108_140201_1.jpg

I kicked back on the bed for a few minutes and had to get a quick dose of Stacy. I took this picture to taunt the Disdads on Facebook:

20160108_133122_23.jpg

After just a few minutes of this though, I was getting a little stir crazy. It had warmed up since I stopped at the welcome center that morning so I decided to change into shorts with just a light weight long sleeved shirt and head outside.

I was hungry and ready to get out and explore. It was still not too terribly late. Just 2 pm, to be exact, but I hadn’t had anything to eat since breakfast because I wanted to get some lunch somewhere in particular.

And we’ll get to that soon enough!

I’ve never done a game in my TRs before, but in the spirit of stealing good ideas from other people, let’s do one this time!!!

I’ll ask a few questions at the end of my updates awarding points for correct answers, creative answers and really pretty much anything I deem to be point worthy. It will be kind of like “Who’s Line is it Anyway?” Only the points aren’t completely worthless, just mostly worthless. There will be some kind of prize for the winner. I just haven’t figured out what it will be yet.

And with that, here is the first series of questions:

1. The next update will cover my afternoon/evening at Disney World with no park tickets. How many total steps did I walk today? (points to be awarded based on how close you are to the correct answer)

2. How many times did I make the walk between DHS and the Boardwalk? (5 points - I asked this on my last TR while I was still there and 5 bonus points will be awarded to anyone who already got it right there)

3. What kind of drink did I try that I have never had before? (25 points – It isn’t one of the specialty cocktails)

4. Will I see a fireworks show tonight? (5 points)
4a. If so, which one? (5 points)

5. How many minutes will I spend waiting for Disney Transportation (5 bus rides, 1 monorail ride) this afternoon/evening? (points awarded based on how close you are to correct answer)

6. I visited 4 of the 5 EPCOT area resorts. 3 of them are resorts that I’ve never stepped foot inside before. (4 points each, -3 for each wrong answer!)
6a. Which 3 did I visit for the first time?
6b. Which 1 have I still never been in?
6c. Which 1 did I make a return visit to?

7. What did the bus driver tell us? (25 points if you’re right, 1 point for trying. Bonus points for creative answers or even being close to right)

Get your answers in fast! I’m already working on the next update. I don’t know that I’ll post it this week, but it is a possibility!

I'll do my best to play the game. I may start out negative though.
1. 6250

3. What kind of drink did I try that I have never had before? (25 points – It isn’t one of the specialty cocktails)...I'm stumped

4. Yes (fireworks)
4a. Star Wars fireworks at DHS

5. 23

6. I visited 4 of the 5 EPCOT area resorts. 3 of them are resorts that I’ve never stepped foot inside before. (4 points each, -3 for each wrong answer!)
6a. Beach, Yacht, Swan
6b. Dolphin
6c. Boardwalk

7. The Bus driver told you he's related to Walt Disney.

Last edited:
Oh yay, an update! Just what I needed on this dreary work day.

It wasn’t anything that was a really big deal, but it is information that could have easily been shared in one of the many e-mails they had sent out in the prior weeks.

I feel like that's most company meetings.

I stayed there on points, and I quickly came to the realization that this is one of those hotels that likes to punish you for getting a free room.

Don't you hate those? We ran into that at the Hertz counter at LAX. We *gasp* had the audacity to ask to change something on our rental. Imagine the cars are all in numbered slots, and if the parking lot is a grid the x-axis runs 1-70 and the y-axis 100-900. Our car was in spot 969 :headache:

I think it was around 1 am when I was still wide awake and I contemplated just going back out to my truck and leaving. I could be in Orlando to see the sunrise.

Ouch. I feel ya. I get really grumpy if I'm kept awake, so I can only imagine what you were going through.

When I stopped at the welcome center, I was starting to worry a little bit. It was cold enough that I could see my breath. This isn’t supposed to happen in Florida!!!

Every January/February I've been in Florida, it seems to happen this way. I remember one trip to Jacksonville I literally had on everything I had packed, because the week before the forecast called for temps in the 60s. When I got up that morning it was 20.

I had received a text at around 10 am that my room was ready, so I parked and went to look for my room.

Don't you love that feature? I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

1. The next update will cover my afternoon/evening at Disney World with no park tickets. How many total steps did I walk today?

2. How many times did I make the walk between DHS and the Boardwalk?

3. What kind of drink did I try that I have never had before?

Hmm...I was gonna guess a Grey Goose slush, but if you didn't go to a park....Singapore Sling?? (Ok, yes, I'll admit, I went to your last TR and re-read your plans)

Yes, Symphony in the Stars

5. How many minutes will I spend waiting for Disney Transportation (5 bus rides, 1 monorail ride) this afternoon/evening?

We get penalized for being wrong? Yeesh, what are you the SAT? Hmph. I'll guess Boardwalk, Yacht Club, and Beach Club for first time, the Dolphin for never been in and you returned to the Swan.

7. What did the bus driver tell us? (25 points if you’re right, 1 point for trying. Bonus points for creative answers or even being close to right)
I got this bus up to 90mph the other day!

I was kind of frustrated when I left that afternoon. It wasn’t anything that was a really big deal, but it is information that could have easily been shared in one of the many e-mails they had sent out in the prior weeks.

That really bites that they saved this little tidbit until the last moment. I bet some guy (maybe the one running for President) decided this in an epiphany the day before and came up with this idea the night before the Wednesday meeting.

according to the “Time to Beat” on my GPS,

I love this! I thought I was the only one who regarded it this way! I think the companies should pad the arrival times so it's easier to beat and we can all feel better!

I arrived at my hotel at just after 10 pm

Not bad. Sometimes I wish we could drive there. I would find that much less stressful than having to make a flight and dealing with the airport issues.

I could hear water rushing every time someone flushed a toilet, turned on a sink or took a shower.

That's really a bummer.

Fortunately, it didn’t come to that and I fell asleep shortly thereafter.

Well that's good. Nothing like having issues sleeping when you're on a trip. :rolleyes1

I had a bowl of Cheerios, a blueberry muffin and a banana. They also had a “hot” breakfast area that seemed a bit odd. Usually, you’ll see biscuits and gravy, or sausage and eggs or bacon and eggs. Something like that. In this case, they had turkey sausage patties or pork sausage patties. Nothing to really go with them.

I find the most of these hotels that offer "breakfast" have a really random assortment of selections. Unless they have a full kitchen or a chain wide standard, like say Hampton where breakfast is consistent at each location, you get thing like sausage patties all by their lonesome. But that works for me. As you said protein is protein.

I had received a text at around 10 am that my room was ready, so I parked and went to look for my room.

Nice. I like that.

I kicked back on the bed for a few minutes and had to get a quick dose of Stacy. I took this picture to taunt the Disdads on Facebook:

Cool. I guess that's the guy equivalent of when us ladies show our new pedicure lounging poolside.

I’ve never done a game in my TRs before, but in the spirit of stealing good ideas from other people, let’s do one this time!!!

Yay! Since I lost a @pkondz contest why now give a shot at another one!

1. The next update will cover my afternoon/evening at Disney World with no park tickets. How many total steps did I walk today? (points to be awarded based on how close you are to the correct answer)

I'm gonna day 15,237 steps

2. How many times did I make the walk between DHS and the Boardwalk? (5 points - I asked this on my last TR while I was still there and 5 bonus points will be awarded to anyone who already got it right there)

3. What kind of drink did I try that I have never had before? (25 points – It isn’t one of the specialty cocktails)

I'm going to say you try a Manhattan.

Yes, you do end up getting to see Symphony in the sky.

5. How many minutes will I spend waiting for Disney Transportation (5 bus rides, 1 monorail ride) this afternoon/evening? (points awarded based on how close you are to correct answer)

I know it's more than @pkondz waited his whole trip, so I'm going to say 42 minutes. That doesn't count the time you were stuck in the Monorail.

I visited 4 of the 5 EPCOT area resorts. 3 of them are resorts that I’ve never stepped foot inside before. (4 points each, -3 for each wrong answer!)

Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Dolphin were new to you.
Still never been in Swan.
Boardwalk return.

Star Wars land will be opening in 2017 instead of 2018.

It sounds like you made really good time driving to FL!
That's too bad about your room situation - at least it was free! I would not want to pay for a night in those conditions.

20160108_133122_23.jpg
A great way to relax and to start a day in Disney!
I’ll ask a few questions at the end of my updates awarding points for correct answers, creative answers and really pretty much anything I deem to be point worthy. It will be kind of like “Who’s Line is it Anyway?” Only the points aren’t completely worthless, just mostly worthless. There will be some kind of prize for the winner. I just haven’t figured out what it will be yet.
Yay! Tis sounds fun!!!
5,000 steps
Beverly.
Yes
Star Wars.
22 mins.

6a. Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin
6b. Yacht Club
6c. Boardwalk.
To have a magical day!:thumbsup2

I'll do my best to play the game. I may start out negative though.
1. 6250

3. What kind of drink did I try that I have never had before? (25 points – It isn’t one of the specialty cocktails)...I'm stumped

4. Yes (fireworks)
4a. Star Wars fireworks at DHS

5. 23

6a. Beach, Yacht, Swan
6b. Dolphin
6c. Boardwalk

7. The Bus driver told you he's related to Walt Disney.
Got it!

And it doesn't matter how you start. There will be plenty of opportunities. Some freebies, some a little bit harder!

Oh yay, an update! Just what I needed on this dreary work day.
Glad I could help!

I feel like that's most company meetings.
::yes::

Don't you hate those? We ran into that at the Hertz counter at LAX. We *gasp* had the audacity to ask to change something on our rental. Imagine the cars are all in numbered slots, and if the parking lot is a grid the x-axis runs 1-70 and the y-axis 100-900. Our car was in spot 969 :headache:
::yes:: Yes, this is kind of what it felt like. You're not paying cash, so screw you!

Ouch. I feel ya. I get really grumpy if I'm kept awake, so I can only imagine what you were going through.
It was pretty frustrating. But I was also a little bit excited, so I'm sure that didn't help!

Every January/February I've been in Florida, it seems to happen this way. I remember one trip to Jacksonville I literally had on everything I had packed, because the week before the forecast called for temps in the 60s. When I got up that morning it was 20.
::yes:: I knew to expect anything, but I didn't really want to expect it!

Don't you love that feature? I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Yeah, I thought it was great.

Hmm...I was gonna guess a Grey Goose slush, but if you didn't go to a park....Singapore Sling??

We get penalized for being wrong? Yeesh, what are you the SAT? Hmph. I'll guess Boardwalk, Yacht Club, and Beach Club for first time, the Dolphin for never been in and you returned to the Swan.

I got this bus up to 90mph the other day!
Got 'em!

(Ok, yes, I'll admit, I went to your last TR and re-read your plans)
Hey, it's open book! My ramblings while I was there will give away some of the answers for those who want to find them!

We get penalized for being wrong? Yeesh, what are you the SAT? Hmph.
It's multiple choice! Gotta keep it interesting.

Although now I'm realizing I've got to keep track of the points and I'm kicking myself. :rotfl2:

That really bites that they saved this little tidbit until the last moment. I bet some guy (maybe the one running for President) decided this in an epiphany the day before and came up with this idea the night before the Wednesday meeting.
I'd say this is very likely.

I love this! I thought I was the only one who regarded it this way! I think the companies should pad the arrival times so it's easier to beat and we can all feel better!
Oh no... the first time I ever saw that ETA on a GPS I was determined to beat it!

And quite often, I do. :rolleyes1

Not bad. Sometimes I wish we could drive there. I would find that much less stressful than having to make a flight and dealing with the airport issues.
I always enjoy driving and road trips, so there's that. Flying is nice because we've got like a 2 hour flight as opposed to driving all day.... but then again, when you drive you can haul all the luggage, snacks, food, or anything else you want to take and you don't have to mess with the hassle of the airport.

That's really a bummer.

Well that's good. Nothing like having issues sleeping when you're on a trip. :rolleyes1
Not that you'd know anything about that!

I find the most of these hotels that offer "breakfast" have a really random assortment of selections. Unless they have a full kitchen or a chain wide standard, like say Hampton where breakfast is consistent at each location, you get thing like sausage patties all by their lonesome. But that works for me. As you said protein is protein.
I definitely prefer a Hampton or a Holiday Inn Express. Fairfields usually aren't bad, but they also aren't my first choice and I wasn't thrilled with this one.

Nice. I like that.
It's a nice feature!

Cool. I guess that's the guy equivalent of when us ladies show our new pedicure lounging poolside.
:rotfl: Something like that.

Yay! Since I lost a @pkondz contest why now give a shot at another one!
Good luck!

I'm gonna day 15,237 steps

I'm going to say you try a Manhattan.

Yes, you do end up getting to see Symphony in the sky.

I know it's more than @pkondz waited his whole trip, so I'm going to say 42 minutes. That doesn't count the time you were stuck in the Monorail.

Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Dolphin were new to you.
Still never been in Swan.
Boardwalk return.

Star Wars land will be opening in 2017 instead of 2018.
Got 'em!

It sounds like you made really good time driving to FL!
That's too bad about your room situation - at least it was free! I would not want to pay for a night in those conditions.
I'd have complained about it if I was paying out of pocket. In this case, I just wanted to sleep and I figured I'd fall asleep sooner than I did.

A great way to relax and to start a day in Disney!

Yay! Tis sounds fun!!!
I hope it is!

5,000 steps

Star Wars.

6a. Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin
6b. Yacht Club
6c. Boardwalk.

To have a magical day!:thumbsup2
Got 'em!

They informed us that because of an election that would be taking place to appoint a new president of the national organization, they wanted Indiana to act and look professional while there since we were trying to get our state president elected for this position.
Well at least there was a half way decent and logical reason for the wardrobe request.

So I proceeded to return home and completely re-pack.
Yuck! Hate having to repack! :crazy2:

Since I was driving, DW and DD only planned to take a backpack on the plane with snacks and items they’d need for the flight.
Smart!!!

his one cost me another 40 minutes, but surprisingly, I cruised right through Atlanta without so much as slowing down.
That's a sentence I wasn't expecting! I'm not sure I've ever cruised right through Atlanta and I live here! :rotfl2:

My hotel for the night was the Fairfield Inn at McDonough, GA.
Not bad drive time!

Apparently the room they gave me is positioned so that all plumbing draining the building runs through the wall at the headboard of the bed. I could hear water rushing every time someone flushed a toilet, turned on a sink or took a shower.
Points or no I would not be a happy camper with a room like that! :crazy2:

This is 30 minutes earlier than I get up at home on a work day, so clearly some external force disrupted my slumber.
:sad2:

Instead of just sitting there, I jumped on to I-4 East, got turned back the right direction at the first ramp I came to and it was smooth sailing to this beautiful sight:

20160108_131257.jpg
:cheer2:

Only the points aren’t completely worthless, just mostly worthless. There will be some kind of prize for the winner.
:rotfl2::thumbsup2

Oooo do I get points for answering in both places? 4:bitelip:

:scratchin No idea. A new Beer?

Yes Star Wars Fireworks (Whatever they are called.) I'm guessing that this is why you ended up walking back and forth 4 times. Bus to DHS. Walked from DHS to boardwalk area for Dinner. Walked back to DHS for fireworks, Walked back to Boardwalk area for more exploring, walked back to DHS for bus back

20 minutes

Beach, Yacht, Swan, Boardwalk

Boardwalk, Yacht, Swan

Dolphin because you didn't see the point in walking that extra way to see what is basically a clone of its sister hotel.

Beach

The weather was about to get rather cold. and or please move all the way back so that more people can get on.

Unfortunately, this meant I had to back out of my plans to meet the Disdads for dinner. I’d really been looking forward to that, so it was a big disappointment.
Bummer :(

I walked all the way to the end of the hall to my room, tried the key and it didn’t work. They’d given me 2 keys so I tried the second one. Still no luck.
Ugh, hate when that happens! Although I'm sure it's much shorter than at a Disney resort!:thumbsup2

Apparently the room they gave me is positioned so that all plumbing draining the building runs through the wall at the headboard of the bed. I could hear water rushing every time someone flushed a toilet, turned on a sink or took a shower. I was in bed unable to sleep for a few hours. Granted, part of that was probably the excitement of getting some Disney time the next day, but the noise wasn’t helping. Every time I’d get close to drifting off somebody would flush a toilet or something.
That's rough. My dorm room in college was positioned right on the first floor next to a stairwell, I'm sure you can imagine the noise that created every night. I feel your pain!

The drive through Georgia was pretty smooth. I did get a picture at the Florida state line:

20160108_094736_2.jpg
The home stretch!!!

Instead of just sitting there, I jumped on to I-4 East, got turned back the right direction at the first ramp I came to and it was smooth sailing to this beautiful sight:

20160108_131257.jpg
:lovestruc

Shortly after that, I was here:

20160108_131502.jpg
That's what I call home :goodvibes

18,687 steps

I think I guessed, but I don't remember the answer, so I'll guess again haha
5 times!

Rocket Red Ale

yes

Star Wars fireworks!

I'm gonna guess you weren't as lucky as @pkondz ... I'll say 28 minutes.

Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk
Yacht Club
Beach Club

The bus driver told you... He had been working at Disney world since they opened in 1971!

My hotel for the night was the Fairfield Inn at McDonough, GA. I stayed there on points, and I quickly came to the realization that this is one of those hotels that likes to punish you for getting a free room.

I love those hotels. Mostly because I rarely use points, so it means I'm less likely to get a crappy room.
But yeah, it definitely does not sound like they were trying to reward you for being a loyal customer.

It could be worse ... it could have been raining. Like nonstop. While you were standing around waiting for a race to begin. And then while you were running that race. And then start raining really hard after you finished the race.
Thankfully, I don't think that happened.

I was hungry and ready to get out and explore. It was still not too terribly late. Just 2 pm, to be exact, but I hadn’t had anything to eat since breakfast because I wanted to get some lunch somewhere in particular.

And we’ll get to that soon enough!

Man, I hate cliffhangers!

Fair warning: I'm going to be terrible at this. Like legit terrible. But hopefully I can make my answers a little funny.

Okay. So. I also did a non-park day that day. I got just short of 27,000 steps. Figure about 15,000 was the race. So I'm going with ... 12,659. Because I didn't want to guess an even number.

Going back and reading through the comments on the last TR ... I think maybe the concensus was 4? I might be wrong? I can only be expected to do so much research on a day when I didn't get my Starbucks.

Beer. I'm going with you've never had beer before.

Yes. Because you can see the fireworks from outside the parks too.

Illuminations. Because it's unexpected.

38 minutes. Because why not.

A. Boardwalk, Swan, Yacht Club
B. Dolphin
C. Beach Club
(these were totally random guesses ... so if I got anything right, then clearly I have psychic powers)

That he was drunk. Because we all know from your last TR that you have experience with impaired transportation providers.

Get your answers in fast! I’m already working on the next update. I don’t know that I’ll post it this week, but it is a possibility!

Less than 8 hours after your post. Is that fast enough for you?

This meant they wanted us to wear a jacket and tie.
On vacation? They should have known better.:sad2:

I’m not a jacket and tie type of person. I’ll wear one if I have to, but I do it under protest. It isn’t like I was planning to dress like a slob.
Nope, just your best dressed Mickey shirt with some light up Mickey ears. Geesh, what's wrong with that?:earboy2:

Unfortunately, this meant I had to back out of my plans to meet the Disdads for dinner. I’d really been looking forward to that, so it was a big disappointment.
I remember how much you were really looking forward to meeting up with these dads. I'm really sorry this didn't happen for you. I hope you were able to sneak in some time to meet some of them at least.

So I proceeded to return home and completely re-pack. I was really hoping to have nothing to do that evening so I could hang out with DS before I had to leave.
That is so sweet. What a great dad!

Since I was driving, DW and DD only planned to take a backpack on the plane with snacks and items they’d need for the flight.
My DH drove last time and I flew with the kids. I can't tell you what a life saver it was to only have carry on bags. Good call.

Since I was driving by myself, I really didn’t stop at all as I was driving. Just a quick stop if I needed to use the restroom or a quick snack or fuel.
I'm sure you made great time. Did you calculate the difference between when you drove by yourself versus with your DW and DD?

o_O

it was smooth sailing to this beautiful sight:

20160108_131257.jpg
Ah, Heaven! The vacation starts as soon as you pass that wonderful arch. Don't you just love those purple signs?

I took this picture to taunt the Disdads on Facebook:

20160108_133122_23.jpg
That was so nice of you!

9,357. I actually have no idea. So a random number seemed completely logical.:thumbsup2

I think I said 3, which seems crazy.

No clue. I know where you ate. I tried to peak at the table to see the glass, but only saw a mug. I was going to say a draft beer, but I did some research at the menu and I'm going to go with sake.

I remember you saying you waited longer than Ponzie did at around 30 some minutes, so I will guess 37 minutes.

6a. Beach Club, Swan, Yacht Club
6b. Dolphin
6c. Boardwalk (hopefully to meet some disdads)

Excuse me folks, but I'd like to let everyone know a princess has just boarded our bus. Or something along those lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter