I Can Still Taste It

I’ve never heard of Hugs. I wonder if it was a regional thing. I grew up in the Southwest.
Oh wow, I suppose it is. It's actually Little Hug drink. They were a staple in the summers at parties, after the baseball game, every parental household had them in the fridge in the summer for the time the neighborhood kids happen to be at your house.

I used to get Bluebird Orange Juice in a similar can and it was so good. A local bakery sold it and it was such a treat on the weekends when we'd go. I see Bluebird is still around, but their OJ now comes in a soda can style.

Wow, I forgot all about those. I was just a wee little kid in the 70's. The plastic cups came out early enough in my childhood that I forgot about those.[/quote]

I think we got Hawaiian Punch for parties, but that was it. Camping was Tang and Crystal Light.
Same, I had Hawaiian Punch at parties, but it wasn't when I was young, and it wasn't any punch you would give to young children, LOL.

I drank canned Hi-C a lot growing up too. Favorite flavor was Citrus Cooler (don’t remember Ecto, that must’ve come later). We also had powered drinks: Tang for breakfast (the astronauts drank it), and Kool-Aid, Funny Face and Wyler’s lemonade mix, mostly in summertime.

Funny Face was a competitor of Kool-Aid that had a different character associated with each flavor, a few of which had to be changed because the names were offensive/un-PC even back then.

73CD0BB8-8F76-489D-966A-CEAC5B3F3B6E.png

I drank canned Hi-C a lot growing up too. Favorite flavor was Citrus Cooler (don’t remember Ecto, that must’ve come later). We also had powered drinks: Tang for breakfast (the astronauts drank it), and Kool-Aid, Funny Face and Wyler’s lemonade mix, mostly in summertime.

Funny Face was a competitor of Kool-Aid that had a different character associated with each flavor, a few of which had to be changed because the names were offensive/un-PC even back then.

View attachment 679537
Right. I had forgotten that the carcinogenic-looking green stuff was first called Citrus Cooler then morphed into Ecto Cooler.

And I remember those Funny Face drink mixes, even the cringeworthy ones.

Right. I had forgotten that the carcinogenic-looking green stuff was first called Citrus Cooler then morphed into Ecto Cooler.

And I remember those Funny Face drink mixes, even the cringeworthy ones.

See, nobody was calling you out on that, but the Ecto Cooler only came out as a tie-in to The Real Ghostbusters cartoon in the late 80's. It never came in cans like that, but the can pictured is a more recent retro release. Even though it's green, it's actually an orange/tangerine flavor. I was a big Ghostbusters fan and remember the commercials. I never much drank Hi-C, but I definitely drank Ecto Coolers!

See, nobody was calling you out on that, but the Ecto Cooler only came out as a tie-in to The Real Ghostbusters cartoon in the late 80's. It never came in cans like that, but the can pictured is a more recent retro release. Even though it's green, it's actually an orange/tangerine flavor. I was a big Ghostbusters fan and remember the commercials. I never much drank Hi-C, but I definitely drank Ecto Coolers!

Everybody knows I’m old and realizes I get confused and forgetful. :tongue:

View attachment 679537
I’d forgotten about Funny Face. We had some of the cups.

7C2E345C-3927-4060-B422-AFB6AEDFA034.jpeg

Grew up on Kool-Aid. Tropical Punch was the best along with Sunshine Punch. I can't find neither of those 2 in the stores. Occasionally I look as I pass thinking I'd grab a packet for old time's sake.

Also Hugs. After every ball game was Hugs.
We called them "teeny drinks" where I'm from :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter