I Can Still Taste It

oh boy...I remember that! :) Was never allowed to have it at home because my mom was wary about the artificial coloring, dyes, etc - which was pretty progressive of her in the '70s now that I look back, but at the time was a bummer. But I got to enjoy it at friends' house, along with Hawaian Punch, pop tarts and the myriad of other goodies that rarely made it past our front door.

We never had Hi-C at my house, we were a Kool-aid family (in large part because it was less expensive). My mother always bought the unsweetened package and added less sugar than it called for.
I remember the original orange drink at McDonalds when I was a kid. It was orangeade not Hi-C. I loved that stuff!

Last edited:
Grew up on Kool-Aid. Tropical Punch was the best along with Sunshine Punch. I can't find neither of those 2 in the stores. Occasionally I look as I pass thinking I'd grab a packet for old time's sake.

Also Hugs. After every ball game was Hugs.
I’ve never heard of Hugs. I wonder if it was a regional thing. I grew up in the Southwest.

Hugs were the "barrel drinks" in the plastic barrel shaped bottles with foil tops. They didn't have labels other than the box, so you may not have known what they were called or called them something else.
Or I may be old enough that they weren’t around when I was s kid. 🤣

I’ve never heard of Hugs. I wonder if it was a regional thing. I grew up in the Southwest.

Hugs were the "barrel drinks" in the plastic barrel shaped bottles with foil tops. They didn't have labels other than the box, so you may not have known what they were called or called them something else.

You can still get them! -
7E77AE6A-7D47-497E-9FEA-72CB1A8F5F86.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter