I believe my wife and I are the only ones who did not know this.

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Been going to Disney World since the mid 1980’s. The only time we really ever rode the train was to get to the other side of the park when we arrived. Not much to see, but a great way to get from one end to the other quickly. The three stops on this train helps you navagate the park easily without having to walk it especially in the heat of the summer. So when we started to go to Disneyland there was not much reason to ride the train since the park is not nearly as big as the Magic Kingdom in Fl. But on our recent trip to Disneyland my wife’s ankle was bothering her and for the first time decided to take the train around the park just for a rest from walking. First thing we did not know was there were 4 stops in Disneyland park. The second and the best part which for the two of us who have been going to Disney parks for many many years were pleasantly suprised when the train took us through the Grand Canyon and then through Primeval world of the Dinosaurs. These Dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals came from the Fords Magic Skyway attraction from the 1964 worlds Fair in New York. I hate to date myself but I was lucky enough to have attended that Worlds Fair. Believe it or not, it was on a class trip when I was in grade school and I lived in New Jersey. Both of us were very shocked when we saw this and now we will take that train ride every time we go to Disneyland. Is my wife and I the only two people who did not know this?

The Disneyland Railroad is one of those situations where the two similar attractions are different experiences, with the DLR being the superior version.

I'm kinda hoping that when the WDW train starts running again they will have plussed it up a bit, maybe add some effects while going through the Tron tunnel(at least I think there's a tunnel.)

Next time you go to DLR, take special note of the scale model locomotive on display in the train station. It is one of two examples built of the Lilly Belle, patterned after a Central Pacific steam locomotive from 1864. The other (and original) Lilly Belle locomotive is at the Walt Disney Museum in San Francisco, and is the complete train that made up the Carolwood Pacific Railroad. The CPRR was Walt's backyard train that led to the creation of Disneyland.

https://www.trainchasers.com/home/lilly-belle-locomotives

The 4 Lilly Belle's of Walt Disney Railroads

loveloveLOVE taking the train around DLR. Even though I'm a thrill seeker, I make sure to ride it around at least once a trip to see the Primeval world!

Been on the West coast for 25 years and I never rode the train in DL because its such a small park that I felt no need. Now I know its really a nice ride along with some relief from the walking we will do it every time we go. We are on our way to WDW tomorrow with a begining stop at Disneys Vero Beach Resort first then on to GFR.

Heading back to DL September 6th for our Great Grandsons 2nd birthday party. We will all take the train together.

Heading back to DL September 6th for our Great Grandsons 2nd birthday party. We will all take the train together.
Last time we were there - August 2021 - we ate at Carthay Circle. Had a scotch mist as a toast to Walt. The atmosphere and nostalgia washes over you like the surf.

still working over our plans for my wife and I and our great grand son who will be 3. Just the three of us for 4 night 5 days in december to enjoy all the christmas decorations. This will be his 5th time at disney. His mom and dad will be staying home this time taking care of his new born brother. We should have a blast.

still working over our plans for my wife and I and our great grand son who will be 3. Just the three of us for 4 night 5 days in december to enjoy all the christmas decorations. This will be his 5th time at disney. His mom and dad will be staying home this time taking care of his new born brother. We should have a blast.
So jealous have a great time!

Been going to Disney World since the mid 1980’s. The only time we really ever rode the train was to get to the other side of the park when we arrived. Not much to see, but a great way to get from one end to the other quickly. The three stops on this train helps you navagate the park easily without having to walk it especially in the heat of the summer. So when we started to go to Disneyland there was not much reason to ride the train since the park is not nearly as big as the Magic Kingdom in Fl. But on our recent trip to Disneyland my wife’s ankle was bothering her and for the first time decided to take the train around the park just for a rest from walking. First thing we did not know was there were 4 stops in Disneyland park. The second and the best part which for the two of us who have been going to Disney parks for many many years were pleasantly suprised when the train took us through the Grand Canyon and then through Primeval world of the Dinosaurs. These Dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals came from the Fords Magic Skyway attraction from the 1964 worlds Fair in New York. I hate to date myself but I was lucky enough to have attended that Worlds Fair. Believe it or not, it was on a class trip when I was in grade school and I lived in New Jersey. Both of us were very shocked when we saw this and now we will take that train ride every time we go to Disneyland. Is my wife and I the only two people who did not know this?
That portion between Tomorrowland and Main St. is such a hidden treasure! Disney nostalgia at its best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter