I am thinking about rebuying??

Other factors to consider besides price is your time.

Stayed a the Waldorf this past weekend and while it was nice definitely didn’t think it was anything special and absolutely hated being off property. (had some free nights & points to use up so decided a spur of the moment trip)

Being off property again was a giant PITA as we needed to take our car (2 grand kids in car seats). Getting to MK parking/TTC/ monorail wasn’t bad but at the end of the night with the boats not running right, the monorail line to TTC crowded and the walkway from MK to Grand Floridian closed because of the water parade, so couldn’t even walk, it was a zoo getting out. Left the park @ 10pm. didn’t get to hotel until 12:15am.

Mk has to be the worst park to get out of if driving yourself unless you leave early.

But Swan/Dolphin is the only off sight I’d consider worth doing as it’s walk to 2 parks or can grab multiple nearby resort buses home if one is too crowded.

Never again…way too long…need more points….put me in the Disney bubble please!
Why are you calling that offsite? It’s walking distance to two parks and has bus service and gets Deluxe perks

Why are you calling that offsite? It’s walking distance to two parks and has bus service and gets Deluxe perks
They referenced the Waldorf as their offsite stay last weekend. You're correct that the Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve is walking distance, has the bus service & Deluxe perks. And I agree having done several permutations & combinations - the only other properties I would stay at other than Disney is the Swolphin for exactly the reasons above.

They referenced the Waldorf as their offsite stay last weekend. You're correct that the Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve is walking distance, has the bus service & Deluxe perks. And I agree having done several permutations & combinations - the only other properties I would stay at other than Disney is the Swolphin for exactly the reasons above.
Whoops. Misread. Thx

Well, they DID say this at the end of their post, so...
But Swan/Dolphin is the only off sight I’d consider worth doing as it’s walk to 2 parks or can grab multiple nearby resort buses home if one is too crowded.

Never again…way too long…need more points….put me in the Disney bubble please!

IDK I guess because it’s not part of the Disney Resort Collection so to me it’s not officially Disney, doesn’t have Disney theming, doesn’t feel Disney & is owned by Marriott

IDK I guess because it’s not part of the Disney Resort Collection so to me it’s not officially Disney, doesn’t have Disney theming, doesn’t feel Disney & is owned by Marriott
I get that, actually. But they won me over big time. I’d much rather stay there than a Disney value. This next trip will be my first time at a moderate, so we’ll see how I feel about that.

Access to the parks , preferably walking, is very high on my list of wants but I just wasn’t willing to pay for that this trip

Access to the parks , preferably walking, is very high on my list of wants but I just wasn’t willing to pay for that this trip
Absolutely, after this trip easy access is definitely a want/need/must (at least until the grand kids get older)

I did have to pay the full 2022 dues. We have been looking at direct and resale for awhile and actually just also purchased a resale contract. I was willing to wade into the direct water a little at a time (50 point contracts here and there) to work my way up to a blue card but, like you, the FOMO was real. We were able to get our price per point after all incentives/rebates/rewards cash back to $182.17. Adding on the 2022 dues brings that cost per point up to $189.51. (We also used the military discount as paltry as it is, but I'll take every penny...every stinking one of em).

Being able to put it all on my CC and get those rewards dollars was a thing. I applied for the card as soon as I read about MB, lol, and worked that out with my guide splitting it up over a few months. It wasn't a decision that I took lightly but the number felt fair when compared to current resale prices for VGF and having some unrestricted points. So all in all, it came down to seeing a number that I felt was competitive with resale when taking into consideration the tangible benefits (unrestricted booking), that made the price make sense for me.

To clarify, they charged you 2022 dues and you are paying all of 2023? Or prorated for 2023?

Or did they simply make you pay all of 2023 vs a prorated amount?
Was there ever an answer to this?

Was there ever an answer to this?
My apologies, I missed this question. On the phone they said that 2022 dues would have to be paid and 2023 dues will be prorated. In my email from DVC they stated that 2022 dues would be paid, however in the actual contract there was only mention of 2023 prorated dues.

All of my dues information is not in my account yet but I think the 2022 dues payment was possibly some misinformation that was coming from guides because the actual contract has no mention of it. I'm showing 2022 paid in full.

It got a bit murky because of the MB, there was a lot of talk about 2022 vs. 2023 and we initially were looking at a different use year as well (June), which those points they didn't want to buy back. That may have triggered all of the extra dues payment talk. I don't know if this helps.

My apologies, I missed this question. On the phone they said that 2022 dues would have to be paid and 2023 dues will be prorated. In my email from DVC they stated that 2022 dues would be paid, however in the actual contract there was only mention of 2023 prorated dues.

All of my dues information is not in my account yet but I think the 2022 dues payment was possibly some misinformation that was coming from guides because the actual contract has no mention of it. I'm showing 2022 paid in full.

It got a bit murky because of the MB, there was a lot of talk about 2022 vs. 2023 and we initially were looking at a different use year as well (June), which those points they didn't want to buy back. That may have triggered all of the extra dues payment talk. I don't know if this helps.
Thanks for the additional info. I'm not certain how they could change what MF's are paid vs during a normal purchase. If nothing else they should simply pay less for the Magical beginnings buy back. However it sounds appropriate if you are only paying 2023 pro-rated on your purchase.

Former large point owner here…
I considered a resale at BCV as a rejoin just to do a few nights at F&W. The math you say???? I can book with Disney for cash cheaper.

Now I do The Dolphin fairly often, and love it.
Shula’s is my favorite restaurant, they have a fantastic lobby bar, and get ready…. After this many years of visiting Disney we ENJOY getting OUT OF THE BUBBLE. To darn smothering after a while. Need some real life fun.

I don’t believe there was
Sandisw, quick question (or anyone else who can answer). If I buy another contract that is the same use year and same resort. Will I be able to lump the points together? Or will there be two membership numbers and have to make reservations seperately on the memberships?

Sandisw, quick question (or anyone else who can answer). If I buy another contract that is the same use year and same resort. Will I be able to lump the points together? Or will there be two membership numbers and have to make reservations seperately on the memberships?
Yes, same resort and UY can be combined at 11 months. Different resorts but same UY can be combined at 7 months. You only get separate membership numbers if you add a new UY, or the ownership is different (different people, etc.).

Yes, same resort and UY can be combined at 11 months. Different resorts but same UY can be combined at 7 months. You only get separate membership numbers if you add a new UY, or the ownership is different (different people, etc.).
Thanks Don. Clear. That makes live much easier. I have 4 different use years now and was thinking of adding another contract but I don’t want a 5th use year. Time to clean up the mess I created.

Thanks Don. Clear. That makes live much easier. I have 4 different use years now and was thinking of adding another contract but I don’t want a 5th use year. Time to clean up the mess I created.
Yeah, I only have two memberships/UY’s. All of my WDW contracts are in one, and my two Aulani contracts are in the other.

Hello Everyone,

I use to be a DVC owner for many years, back in 2012 I sold my DVC so I could purchase my first rental property, Since then I have worked very hard and now I am in a position to buy some points in more then one property.

I am want to do this the most economical way to maximize my points for the minimal amount and figured the good people of Dis boards could help me in this Journey.

From what I see if you buy resale you don't get all the options you use to but I think their in a way around that buy adding on points, I am wondering if there are any tips or pointers people have for an old dog when it comes to getting back into the DVC game?

Sean Kearney
Halifax
We bought VWL in '03 and sold in '15 when we thought we were done with DVC and doing other vacations.
After four years of booking AKL, All Stars, Yacht Club, we re-purchased resale BRV and haven't looked back.
We find the AP and Chase Discounts work for us not having the "Full" Membership anymore.
All of our purchases and sales have been through the DVC Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter