I am never riding Space Mountain again! A Marathon Weekend TR Complete

My dream would be to do something with Disney but who knows.

Probably industrial engineer then. I have looked for electrical engineering jobs on their site before, and they are few and far between:( Civil could do the construction though.

Hi, Ryan! First time reader here suffering from serious post race weekend depression so the only logical thing to do is ignore my piles of dirty laundry and obsession over trip reports on the Dis, right? Looking forward to hearing about your trip (and BC-club level! Goals right there!!).

Hi, Ryan! First time reader here suffering from serious post race weekend depression so the only logical thing to do is ignore my piles of dirty laundry and obsession over trip reports on the Dis, right? Looking forward to hearing about your trip (and BC-club level! Goals right there!!).
Thanks for joining in! Yes I think I might be much sadder my vacation was over if I didn't have the DIS.

Following, too. Ryan: everything you do on the Boards is golden so looking forward to your report. Hope you had a great marathon & an even better vacation!

:wave2: Ryan!

Can't wait to follow along with this report, even though I don't get to make a cameo. :(

I am so glad to hear your comments about the Beach Club on the FAQ thread. I kinda like the place, myself. ;) Can't wait to see your pictures and read your review of your stay.

I didn't realize you are the same age and grade as my son Nate. Good for you for pursuing an engineering degree. My husband Mark has an Electrical and Computer Engineering degree and is currently working for a large software company. As another poster has indicated, you can go a lot of different places in engineering.

Last, but not least, congratulations on your run!!!

:cheer2:

:wave2: Ryan!

Can't wait to follow along with this report, even though I don't get to make a cameo. :(

I am so glad to hear your comments about the Beach Club on the FAQ thread. I kinda like the place, myself. ;) Can't wait to see your pictures and read your review of your stay.

I didn't realize you are the same age and grade as my son Nate. Good for you for pursuing an engineering degree. My husband Mark has an Electrical and Computer Engineering degree and is currently working for a large software company. As another poster has indicated, you can go a lot of different places in engineering.

Last, but not least, congratulations on your run!!!

:cheer2:
Thanks for joining in!

Yes photos of the room and view will be coming next!

I know you are all waiting for me to get started so here we go!

1/5/16

I had to go to school for the first half of the day but got out during lunch at 12:00PM. I couldn't believe it, it was time to go to Disney I was so excited!

My Grandma picked up my sisters from school and then me from our house and we loaded our luggage and were on our way back to my Grandma's house. Once we got there Judy my Grandma's sister was already there waiting for us. We loaded up our luggage and my Grandpa drove us to the airport. We had a 3:50PM take off. We got to the airport at 2:00PM and only had to wait about an hour before boarding.

IMG_2075.JPG
IMG_2077.JPG
IMG_2078.JPG
IMG_2081.JPG
IMG_2085.JPG
IMG_2087.JPG

Fast forward a couple hours and we are 25 minutes early! Its not often you arrive early! We landed at 7:15PM Florida time. Once landed we headed for the best starting ride to the vacation the Magical Express. We ended up arriving at our destination the Beach Club around 8:50PM.

IMG_2091.JPG

I couldn't get a great picture of the entrance to the property but at least I got something.

We walked off the bus and were greeted by a great CM. I should've gotten his name because he really did end up helping us out and was very nice. He had an iPad and started checking us in. This also helped us discover a slight problem that I will get to. We got checked in and he went to get us a map. We were in room 1559. First floor, but no mention of club level. My Grandma decided to question that. Apparently when Disney called to switch guys from Yacht Club Club Level the person didn't put us back in a club level room. He went back onto the computer and tried to get us into a club level room but nothing was available so we stayed in our first level room but got club level access. However, that is not all! The CM went ahead and gave us $100 off our package for the inconvenience which we did not ask for or expect so A+ for service so far at Beach Club and let me just say that continued.

After that the CM went ahead and took us up to the lounge before it closed. My Grandma got a welcome drink and Judy just got some lemonade because she doesn't drink. We all went ahead and got some desserts as we were hungry. Once finished up there it was time to check out our room!

IMG_2093.JPG

Now onto my favorite part the room. 1559 had a lagoon view with a view of the quiet pool to the left. I have never had a view like that anywhere and I fell in love with it. I sat outside multiple nights just going through things on my phone or iPad.

Like I said before Beach Club has become my new favorite resort and this room had a lot to do with it.

To be Continued!

The room looks nice! I am currently debating whether to stay at BC, YC, or BWI for a Food & Wine trip in 2017. I really want a balcony, and I really like the lagoon view. I haven't decided on club level or not yet, because I think we will already be eating a lot at F&W. DH likes BC so far, because the decor is the least stripey:rotfl: I think DH might do the half marathon, since he has done the Austin Marathon. I might do the 5k, even thought I hate running, unless it's for Soarin' at rope drop:) Looking forward to more of the trip report to get an idea of the resort and how the marathons work, since we have never stayed at an Epcot resort or done the marathons.

Wow! You scored a beautiful room and view. Can't get better than that. Great to see the renovated room as well. Great pics!

The room looks nice! I am currently debating whether to stay at BC, YC, or BWI for a Food & Wine trip in 2017. I really want a balcony, and I really like the lagoon view. I haven't decided on club level or not yet, because I think we will already be eating a lot at F&W. DH likes BC so far, because the decor is the least stripey:rotfl: I think DH might do the half marathon, since he has done the Austin Marathon. I might do the 5k, even thought I hate running, unless it's for Soarin' at rope drop:) Looking forward to more of the trip report to get an idea of the resort and how the marathons work, since we have never stayed at an Epcot resort or done the marathons.

I know balconies are harder to guarantee at BC so YC may be the better option of those two for you but I do want to try BWI at some point. I just really like the Epcot resort area.

I would think you wouldn't need club level during food and wine but that's just me.

The 5K is something I think everyone is capable of and you don't even have to run that many people walk it. I will get more into that race later tho.

Wow! You scored a beautiful room and view. Can't get better than that. Great to see the renovated room as well. Great pics!

I know! I really loved the room. I'm so used to staying value or moderate so this is a nice step up.

Love the customer service! That's great that they took care of you once the mistake was uncovered. Glad your trip had a good start :)

Thanks so much for the room pictures. I haven't seen what that resort looks like for a while.

By the way, I saw your comments about leaning toward Civil or Industrial Engineering. I would suggest leaning towards the Civil side if you think you'd enjoy it. I'm an Industrial Engineer and it's been difficult doing anything with it ever since I got it and I haven't heard that it's gotten any better. Please research that because it might have changed but do be careful.

Hi, Ryan! Joining in.

img_2091-jpg.145102

I couldn't get a great picture of the entrance to the property but at least I got something.

It's a good photo!

The CM went ahead and gave us $100 off our package for the inconvenience which we did not ask for or expect so A+ for service so far at Beach Club and let me just say that continued.

Wow! Love the example of the great Disney service! :thumbsup2 Love your room and the view.

Love the customer service! That's great that they took care of you once the mistake was uncovered. Glad your trip had a good start :)

Yes. We didn't mind the room location as long as we had the club level access and he didn't need to give us the $100 off that was just an added bonus I guess.
Thanks so much for the room pictures. I haven't seen what that resort looks like for a while.

By the way, I saw your comments about leaning toward Civil or Industrial Engineering. I would suggest leaning towards the Civil side if you think you'd enjoy it. I'm an Industrial Engineer and it's been difficult doing anything with it ever since I got it and I haven't heard that it's gotten any better. Please research that because it might have changed but do be careful.

Thanks for the advice on civil or industrial engineering. I am leaning towards civil but industrial was kind of a second option.
Hi, Ryan! Joining in.

It's a good photo!

Wow! Love the example of the great Disney service! :thumbsup2 Love your room and the view.

Thanks for following along!

:welcome: Home!

Great start- I love seeing your airport/airplane pictures. Everyone is showing their excitement for the trip.

Yup, that's a dark arch, but in any light, it is a beautiful sight!

Great pictures of the room and view. That does seem like a beautiful score. Would you mind if I added your room pictures and description to the BC Room View Thread?

:thumbsup2

Hi Ryan! :wave2: I hoped you'd be doing a marathon weekend TR and I'm pumped to read along! Can't wait to hear about your half marathon :cheer2:

Sounds like you guys totally rolled with the punches so to speak regarding the club level mix up- glad to hear it! BC is a beautiful resort and you got your tasty club level access all the same (which I'm definitely excited to hear more about.) Glad Disney gave you a little something for your trouble- I feel like it's even better to be pleasantly surprised by this (as opposed to asking/expecting.) Makes for a nice start to your trip!

Wow, what a great view! Also thought, but I really love the shower curtain in the bathroom, hahaha! :rotfl:

:welcome: Home!

Great start- I love seeing your airport/airplane pictures. Everyone is showing their excitement for the trip.

Yup, that's a dark arch, but in any light, it is a beautiful sight!

Great pictures of the room and view. That does seem like a beautiful score. Would you mind if I added your room pictures and description to the BC Room View Thread?

:thumbsup2

Go right ahead use any of the BC pictures you want I was going to mention to you before that you could use them but I forgot. My favorite part of the room was the view.
Hi Ryan! :wave2: I hoped you'd be doing a marathon weekend TR and I'm pumped to read along! Can't wait to hear about your half marathon :cheer2:

Sounds like you guys totally rolled with the punches so to speak regarding the club level mix up- glad to hear it! BC is a beautiful resort and you got your tasty club level access all the same (which I'm definitely excited to hear more about.) Glad Disney gave you a little something for your trouble- I feel like it's even better to be pleasantly surprised by this (as opposed to asking/expecting.) Makes for a nice start to your trip!

Wow, what a great view! Also thought, but I really love the shower curtain in the bathroom, hahaha! :rotfl:

Thanks for joining in! Yes we really were pleasantly surprised they gave that to us.

The view was my favorite part.

I loved the half so much I'm thinking a full next year.

Following along. Great room! We stayed at Beach Club about a year and a half ago and it looks like it's undergone some refurbishment, which it sorely needed. Looking forward to reading more. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter