I am a Disney Con Artist!

Alex9179.... SWA is the true con artist here! Getting there is our major challenge and if they have a good sale, I am in big trouble :badpc: Bad SWA!

SWA is the reason my trip went from 4 nights to 7! The don't charge anything to change your flights! :confused3

I'm good at the con - my trips don't go up they go out! They always end up longer than I started. :rotfl:

We are another family that was aided and abetted by SWA in our con. We went from a planned 7 night trip to a 12 night trip this August. We seriously considered adding on a DCL Bahamas cruise when they came out with the VGT rates but managed to resist the call of the mouse!:)

YeS!! I did this con too. Last year we stayed at the Poly and LOVED it. Before we left I booked FD at POR for Sept 2012 for an amazing price for our family of five. But.....after we got back I called a few months later and lo and behold had a pin!! Hmmmm this got Poly back to a somewhat reasonable rate (in my mind!) and bang!pixiedust:

Cheap trip was not a not so cheap trip again!! Hoping for 2013 I can keep to my cheapness!! :goodvibes

We've taken our "last trip for awhile" 3 times now. :rotfl2: Yep, when we got home in April, it was my DH that was trying to convince me to go back next summer. Okay, there was no convincing. I'm like you...discount queen. I'm stalking possible dates and prices for next year already. I wish they'd post the Y.E.S. dates/prices. We'd like our son to do that.

Love to see all you artists at work! Nice job!!

We started out with a 6 day trip at ASsp with QSDP, we are now 8 days at AKL Kidani with DXDP (not free dining). As long as I have come this far, I might as well just add MNSSHP!

So, the real problem with this vacation is that I had SWA credit so my flights would have been free or cheap. However, the flight times were not ideal, so I book flights on another airline. Now, I will be forced to plan another 'value' vacation so we can use our airline credits!

My quick cheap vacation to use up SWA credits has now turned into 2 trips. Lucky for me, my husband has not fully realized what has just happened!

We had DD's first visit last year and are currently planning our trip for Aug 2013. We decided to visit DH's grandparent's in West Palm, but Spirit was offering a great deal to fly into Orlando (under $400 with all fees, including baggage and seat reservations for 3 ppl). It started with...well we'll be renting a car anyway, why not go for a full week instead of a long weekend and spend 3-4 days at Disney. Mind this was all on July 12th. Now we have price quotes for both WL and Poly - because with only 3.5 days, a 4 year old and a pregnant me, we need convenience for afternoon trips back to the resort. And we leave a month from tomorrow.

So, you are no where near alone! Have fun.

I think I need a little of "you" to rub off on me! I'm experiencing the opposite... our trip next year is supposed to be a pull-out-all-the-stops Disney trip - the kind where you avert your eyes from the price tag but just know it's all going to be worth it in the end.

But after prices came out on Wednesday, and I started doing my math and accumulating sticky notes, I'm finding it really hard to pull the trigger. I find myself thinking, "Is this worth an extra $$$? Is it something we'll remember, forever?"

We have 5 kids, so we need either some sort of villa or suite, or else 2 standard rooms. We had originally planned to stay at a MK resort, NO MATTER WHAT. Well, the more I thought about it, the more I realized we could cut a chunk of the cost off by staying at one of the EP/DHS resorts - and our two older kids would rather be closer to those parks anyway, AND I like the food options better.

Then I calculated the DDP, remembered that we'll have another "Disney adult" next year - an "adult" who eats less than my 5-year-old and is extremely picky (at Cosmic Ray's, she'll make a salad from the toppings bar sooner than she'll eat a burger and fries). In the end, it's just not worth it for our family... at least not right now. So, I axed the DDP.

I'm going in the wrong direction!?!

However, with these $aving$, I think I can justify adding another night to our stay... so maybe we'll pull-out-all-the-stops yet. :)

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Its a horrible thing isn't it! :) I've done it too and just this week to my husband!

We spent 6 nights at Disney last month. Our trip dates got flipflopped because we had 6 nights at Disney then 5 nights in Gulf Shores. I got sick and couldn't make the first 6 nights in Disney. My husband said lets just do the Gulf Shores portion and we'll do Disney later. What!!!!!! I immediately called Disney and was able to flipflop the dates so we did Disney after Gulf Shores. Now, we're home!!!!!! Bored and sad because there is nothing left to plan. I told my hubby this week that he was "right" and that we should have waited to do Disney this fall/winter. His comment "well why not go in November again"! WHAT WHAT WHAT! I didn't even expect that answer. Now, of course, free dining has came out and I sooooooooo want to book something. I feel like I'd better not but then again who knows! :) Disney is so addicting!!!!!!!!!

Oh I can so relate, and the bad thing is I own at DVC so it is easy to con myself into another trip...which I did for December.
I am taking my grand-daughter in the end of September, I love that time of year for MNSSHP etc, but now I would miss out on my favorite time of year, going in Dec. I prefer taking my grand-daughter in the fall, this way I don't have to worry about the "iffy' weather in December.
So after I book the fall trip I have 43 DVC points left, can't do anything with only 43 pts right...wrong!!! I booked 4 nights at OKW, I have a free flight with USairways, so now I'm going in Dec. I cant help myself:lmao:

We usually go twice a year. Summers we do split stays too, because we are there most trips over 10 days, so we do half moderate, half deluxe. But this summer for our "split stay" we've talked ourselves into 12 nights AKL, 6 pool view room, 6 CL room :rotfl2:

Our Jan trips started with a short 5 night, and now up to 10 nights, our summer trips started with 10 nights, now they morphed into 12+ nights.
Keep upping the antie. :rotfl2:

My excuse for 2 trips a year is that my mom lives in Ft Lauderdale so have to go check in :)

It's easy to do. You pay for one option and then after a while its just the difference you have to pay, so it's easier to swallow. I remember extending one of my trips by saying "it's just $600 dollars more, what's $600 in the grand scheme of things?"

Texasgirl73... You are completely right.... it is the *little* increases here and there that make it easy to swallow. It is still funny to think I trick myself into the trip in the first place. I guess you do whatever gets you there!:upsidedow

I think I need a little of "you" to rub off on me! I'm experiencing the opposite... our trip next year is supposed to be a pull-out-all-the-stops Disney trip - the kind where you avert your eyes from the price tag but just know it's all going to be worth it in the end.

But after prices came out on Wednesday, and I started doing my math and accumulating sticky notes, I'm finding it really hard to pull the trigger. I find myself thinking, "Is this worth an extra $$$? Is it something we'll remember, forever?"

We have 5 kids, so we need either some sort of villa or suite, or else 2 standard rooms. We had originally planned to stay at a MK resort, NO MATTER WHAT. Well, the more I thought about it, the more I realized we could cut a chunk of the cost off by staying at one of the EP/DHS resorts - and our two older kids would rather be closer to those parks anyway, AND I like the food options better.

Then I calculated the DDP, remembered that we'll have another "Disney adult" next year - an "adult" who eats less than my 5-year-old and is extremely picky (at Cosmic Ray's, she'll make a salad from the toppings bar sooner than she'll eat a burger and fries). In the end, it's just not worth it for our family... at least not right now. So, I axed the DDP.

I'm going in the wrong direction!?!

However, with these $aving$, I think I can justify adding another night to our stay... so maybe we'll pull-out-all-the-stops yet. :)

hvanes... it is hard to pull the trigger when you know there are deals.... I truly don't mind spending the money if I feel I am getting some value for my money. You know there are deals out there and you are being smart about making sure you spend wisely. ::yes::
We did not pull the trigger on the DDP since we are doing a split stay, I am not buying 2 sets of tickets to get it so I am actually looking forward to NOT having ADR's everyday! We have been 7 times since 2007 and the DDP was a good deal at the beginning but now, with all "adults" and one (like you) that will hardly eat anything, it just is not worth it.
You will have that amazing trip in the end and hopefully you will squeeze that extra day out because you are being mindful of the costs! I think you are an excellent candidate for a SPLIT STAY with MK and EP resorts! Let me know if you need any conning... I mean assistance ;)

How fun reading all these! I certainly don't feel alone and now I have many examples to show my DH that I am actually normal :lmao::rotfl2::lmao:.

I want to thank each of you for helping build the economy!:thumbsup2 Thru our cons, we are helping get this country back on its feet :cool1:

Another observation: While I work one con at a time, I now see that some must con into multi trips to keep the magic alive. If I could have multiple tickers I think I would :faint:... I am not yet on that level. :worship: but I will keep working at it!

It is a dream if mine to have a trip in the works at ALL times but I will take what I can get! Best wishes for us all to have a magical visit when all the conning has come to fruition!

~Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter