I’m thinking about becoming a Disney shareholder, I have some questions.

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by Junka12, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Junka12

Junka12 Earning My Ears

1. When you sell a share can you withdraw the money to your bank account or do you have to wait for a check from Disney?

2. If you have to wait for a check, how long would it take for it to be received in the mail?

3. What kind of benefits do shareholders receive?

4. How do shareholders vote on things like the fox deal?

2. Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112 Earning My Ears

The easiest way to buy shares is to open up an account with an online broker; I use TD Ameritrade. You deposit funds into that account and you can buy shares. Upon selling any shares, the money goes into your TD account at which time you can keep it there, deposit it into a bank account or request a check. Electronically transferring the funds is quickest.

As far as benefits, there aren’t many but you do get to vote on all issues proposed to the shareholders no matter how many shares you own. I’m a current shareholder myself; quick tip- make sure you have all dividends reinvested (which you set up with the brokerage company you choose).

Good luck!

3. Meghan Trangsrud

Meghan Trangsrud Earning My Ears

When do you have to decide where the home base resort is or do you have to just wait until one opens up to buy at that resort?

4. SCDizFan

SCDizFan Mouseketeer

I think you are confusing buying a time share and buying actual Disney stock.

Cygnus 2112 likes this.