Hurricane Irma?

If you want up to date info on Irma, Mike's Weather Page on fb - Mike is podcasting live right now. Lots of information, he is taking questions as well.

Ok, I feel like this thread needs some levity. I know everyone is worried about Irma and her potential impact. I was looking through some of my previous trip photos this evening and I came across this:

DHpKhQCl.jpg

This photo was taken at 1pm on Saturday, October 8th. Notice the beautiful sunshine and clear skies. Hurricane Matthew rolled through on Friday, October 7th.

Everyone, just take a few deep breaths and lets wait and see where this goes ::yes::

Any chance the 9/10 party could be sunny and dry? I know nothing is certain, but is it a (realistic) option? Planning a short trip from 9/8-9/12, driving from NC, with the main purpose the party.

Right now there's absolutely a chance. Nothing is close to set in stone yet.

We are arriving at Cabana Bay on the 9th. We are driving down from TN, and bringing plenty of drinks, snacks, and wine. I'm thinking our Universal days may be a wash, but it's just ok. A few days stuck in a hotel room with my husband is a heck of a lot better than being at work.
We move to the Swan on the 14th. Hopefully by then, everything will go back to normal.

Hello everyone I have a group of two families renting a house in davenport for two weeks starting September 8th do u think this will be safe to ride out?

I've never had trouble there but maybe I don't go through there enough, maybe once or twice a year.

We have flown out of other airports in Fl (FLL, PBA, TPA) and have had a better experience with all of them. Now they want you to get to MCO 3 hours before your flight leaves and security is always very long.

Ok, I feel like this thread needs some levity. I know everyone is worried about Irma and her potential impact. I was looking through some of my previous trip photos this evening and I came across this:

This photo was taken at 1pm on Saturday, October 8th. Notice the beautiful sunshine and clear skies. Hurricane Matthew rolled through on Friday, October 7th.

Everyone, just take a few deep breaths and lets wait and see where this goes ::yes::

Thanks, I really needed this. I'm off to bed a bit less hysterical than I was this morning.

Right now I would say the general consensus is to not change any plans until at least Wed. Then we will get a clearer picture of what the weekend will look like, and it still gives you a couple days to prepare.

All in all, I'm thinking we're the lucky ones. We might get our trips cut short and have a crappy couple of days, but right now I'm just happy I don't live in this state.

Here in Florida we don't get many hurricanes that make landfall. It's not like every year we're getting them.

Hello everyone I have a group of two families renting a house in davenport for two weeks starting September 8th do u think this will be safe to ride out?

There's no reason to think anyone is in danger right now. It might not even rain in Orlando.

But being in the middle of the state, the families should be just fine

We are en route to Fort Wilderness Campground right now. Our stay begins tomorrow(5th) and ends 14th.
Anyone know WDW Campground policy regarding hurricanes?

Last edited:
We are en route to Firt Wilderness Campground right now. Our stay begins tomorrow(5th) and ends 14th.

Last year when it was looking to come aground closing in on Orlando ....
- all RVs etc had to be moved to the MK parking lot.
- all guests in campground were moved to rooms in resorts.

We are en route to Firt Wilderness Campground right now. Our stay begins tomorrow(5th) and ends 14th.
Last year they moved everyone from FW to different resorts.

Well we hedged our bets and booked a room at the Radisson right near Disney Springs for Saturday. We now plan to leave NC on Saturday and get into Orlando Saturday night. We'll spend the night at the Rad and move over to SSR right at 6am on Sunday. Even if our room isn't ready at least we will be where we need to be. We will assume most of Sunday and Monday will be a washout but hey at least I'm not home mucking stalls!

For those who asked, No. I'm not worried about the storm hitting NC while we are gone. There isn't a darn thing I can do if it does even I'm sitting at home when it happens.

If you want up to date info on Irma, Mike's Weather Page on fb - Mike is podcasting live right now. Lots of information, he is taking questions as well.

What did he say? Totally missed it and I find his page incredibly hard to navigate. I want words, not just charts! :)

We are suppose to be in Disney from 9/6 - 9/13 we are thinking of pushing it out a week to avoid Irma. My question is our fast passes, we have some harder ones to get like FOP and Seven Dwarfs - we are pretty much SOL with them right? I'm guessing Disney won't move these for us even though we are canceling for weather? And of course none of our ADRS are available :(

Glad that some of you can wait until Wednesday (or later) to make decisions about what to do. Surely models and paths will be more solid by then. Some of us have to decide in the next few hours what to do - making big decisions on the limited info we have about what nasty irma is going to do. We were told we could cancel/reschedule flights and resort stays 24 hours in advance. So we have to know what we're doing by noon on Tuesday. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter