Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

I hope for your sake they are sure about that. Because everything I've read for DVC is no pets unless service animals, even, apparently, during hurricanes. So I hope they had the correct information.
I hope so too! It was someone from old key west that actually called us so hoping they have the correct info!

I hope so too! It was someone from old key west that actually called us so hoping they have the correct info!
That's good, not just a call center. I hope it works out. OKW is spread out, but I've always found it relaxing, and Olivia's is a hidden gem. Hope you enjoy!

Ok-after some phone calls and them checking- old key west will accept pets in cases like this. Just in case everyone else has the same question!

Most of the time it is not the resort calling, but GS on behalf of the resort.

However, wow, I did not think Disney or the resort had a right to override the association contract and rights of the owners which prohibits pets in any DVC unit.

@serenitygr - I don’t want to be cynical and I normally don’t advocate being a squeaky wheel too much… but this may be a case where it’s warranted. FW relocations are unique and they are obviously dealing with a lot of situations. I sure would be tempted to call again, maybe even a few times, to continue to confirm the pet thing. Try to get to guest services or anyone other than front line phone CMs.

They very well could be giving it to you straight, but things like “we have a team specifically handling this” and someone saying that they are at OKW could just be a phone CM ad lib’ing.

So given the circumstances I’d just want to be extra communicative to make sure your accommodations meet your needs.

Hopefully you’ll be in good shape and my concern is misguided, just seems like a set of facts where you want to be proactive as much as possible, as frustrating as I’m sure that seems.

Also make sure to poke around the Ft Wilderness board and maybe post there too - there are more FW pros over there than may come around here with more experience with how Disney has handled these things in the past.

ETA, I just realized your trip is tomorrow so something you’ll be dealing with soon. Hope it all works out for you.

Last edited:

@serenitygr - I don’t want to be cynical and I normally don’t advocate being a squeaky wheel too much… but this may be a case where it’s warranted. FW relocations are unique and they are obviously dealing with a lot of situations. I sure would be tempted to call again, maybe even a few times, to continue to confirm the pet thing. Try to get to guest services or anyone other than front line phone CMs.

They very well could be giving it to you straight, but things like “we have a team specifically handling this” and someone saying that they are at OKW could just be a phone CM ad lib’ing.

So given the circumstances I’d just want to be extra communicative to make sure your accommodations meet your needs.

Hopefully you’ll be in good shape and my concern is misguided, just seems like a set of facts where you want to be proactive as much as possible, as frustrating as I’m sure that seems.

Also make sure to poke around the Ft Wilderness board and maybe post there too - there are more FW pros over there than may come around here with more experience with how Disney has handled these things in the past.

ETA, I just realized your trip is tomorrow so something you’ll be dealing with soon. Hope it all works out for you.
Thank you for your kind words- it’s unfortunate that others who I’m assuming are DVC members have not been so kind. In fact they have been downright rude and definitely make DVC members as a whole seem like someone I’d never want to be 😐
We plan to confirm upon arrival tomorrow. And if we find out differently then I have no doubt Disney will figure something else out. They have been nothing but kind to us and we are very thankful to them ❤️

Thank you for your kind words- it’s unfortunate that others who I’m assuming are DVC members have not been so kind. In fact they have been downright rude and definitely make DVC members as a whole seem like someone I’d never want to be 😐
We plan to confirm upon arrival tomorrow. And if we find out differently then I have no doubt Disney will figure something else out. They have been nothing but kind to us and we are very thankful to them ❤️

Any update as to whether OKW ended up taking you and the displaced pups in?

Due to the rudeness and messages I’ve received from other members- who I’m assuming are either DVC members or just resentful people- I’ve decided to not update on our situation any further.
Please do not judge all DVC members by the comments of a few. I would rather have you with your pets in a DVC villa than someone faking a emotional support animal.

Last edited:
Is this a reputable source? Because Disneys site still has no announcement
No more then the Oct. 6th date that has been floating around since Sunday Oct. 2nd on the many web sites. They depend on sources within WDW but we will have major clue tomorrow on Oct. 6th.

Dave

Due to the rudeness and messages I’ve received from other members- who I’m assuming are either DVC members or just resentful people- I’ve decided to not update on our situation any further.

I don't see anyone being rude. Guess I missed something? The DVC properties are bound by the rules of the buildings. The rules are no pets, it's nothing personal to you. Disney doesn't have the power to change that. It seems like the kind of thing that would have been discussed when Disney moved you? Disney, and Orlando in general, have plenty of other hotels that do allow pets that aren't DVC.

I don't see anyone being rude. Guess I missed something? The DVC properties are bound by the rules of the buildings. The rules are no pets, it's nothing personal to you. Disney doesn't have the power to change that. It seems like the kind of thing that would have been discussed when Disney moved you? Disney, and Orlando in general, have plenty of other hotels that do allow pets that aren't DVC.
Yes you missed a lot including the private messages people sent me literally attacking me. I’d prefer the subject was dropped

Sorry if I missed this already being reported and this is old news, but I noticed the Disney website was updated to show 10/9 as the ending of dining cancellation policy enforcement:

We are not enforcing cancellation policies for dining and other experiences like Savi’s Workshop and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique until Sunday, Oct. 9.

This is what I thought. I’ve seen contracts state no pets (no clause). However, other contracts states pets, livestock, poultry, etc. are not allowed UNLESS you get the approval of management. So there is that unless clause. And this is only an example of one contract. Perhaps the rules apply differently to non-owners? Or it varies between resorts? Therefore, if that’s the case, it seems like an appropriate use of the clause.

You know the mods can read PMs. If you were being literally attacked, all you have to do is report them.

Respectfully, this isn’t accurate. Mods cannot see PMs and it is board policy to not moderate private conversations. A mod can see a reported post in a conversation, but it would require something exceptionally egregious going on (way outside of what is being discussed here) in a private conversation to intervene, and even then that would occur at the Webmaster level, not Moderator level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!