Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

Respectfully, this isn’t accurate. Mods cannot see PMs and it is board policy to not moderate private conversations. A mod can see a reported post in a conversation, but it would require something exceptionally egregious going on (way outside of what is being discussed here) in a private conversation to intervene, and even then that would occur at the Webmaster level, not Moderator level.

It has been mentioned through the years that when discussing banned subjects (travel agents, companies), the Mods could see them. So thank you for setting the rumor straight.

The poster mentioned that she was attacked in a PM. And I mentioned earlier in the thread that I would PM her a phone number. That perhaps gave the impression it was me. Again, I always PM the way Mods can see them.

Last edited:
Yes you missed a lot including the private messages people sent me literally attacking me. I’d prefer the subject was dropped
You came in hot about this with a lot of assumptions. Disney doesn't have power over DVC to allow what you want. I assume your issue is resolved? Those are the rules of the buildings. It has nothing to do with you.

You came in hot about this with a lot of assumptions. Disney doesn't have power over DVC to allow what you want. I assume your issue is resolved? Those are the rules of the buildings. It has nothing to do with you.

Correct, the issue is with DVC, not @serenitygr or anyone else here. As owners, we sign the contracts and agree to rules, legalities, and what we’ve been told…then go, “hey, wait a minute..?!” However, sometimes when we try to help, it doesn’t actually help.

With that being said, I hope everything worked out for Serenity and family and they are enjoying their vacation @ OKW.

I don't see anyone being rude. Guess I missed something? The DVC properties are bound by the rules of the buildings. The rules are no pets, it's nothing personal to you. Disney doesn't have the power to change that. It seems like the kind of thing that would have been discussed when Disney moved you? Disney, and Orlando in general, have plenty of other hotels that do allow pets that aren't DVC.
DVC doesn't own all the rooms. Disney owns a certain percentage.

DVC doesn't own all the rooms. Disney owns a certain percentage.
DVD owns the building and controls some rooms at breakage for booking. Even as the largest owner, it doesn't mean it can change the governing documents of the building without an actual process.

It is possible, but there is an actual process for this. I don't own OKW so I guess they wouldn't be notifying me, but I find it unlikely it has happened.

Just an update for those who have been so kind and messaged me their support 😊 we were able to go home to Fort Wilderness this morning and are happily settled in! Old Key West was pretty but definitely doesn’t hold a candle to Fort Wilderness for our family… hoping all those who were relocated have as happy of a trip as we are having!

Just an update for those who have been so kind and messaged me their support 😊 we were able to go home to Fort Wilderness this morning and are happily settled in! Old Key West was pretty but definitely doesn’t hold a candle to Fort Wilderness for our family… hoping all those who were relocated have as happy of a trip as we are having!
Lots of folks have commented that the cast members were the heroes of this event. Please tell them that all of us on the boards very much appreciate their efforts and give them our love. They indeed make the "magic."

We checked in early at CBR yesterday morning, and I found a CM who had worked the storm. I made a point of telling him of the discussion here and how everyone said the CM's went above and beyond, and that it was highly thought of. Found another in HS and told him the same. Both of them had seen the twitter picture of Chip n' Dale and the kids watching movies at All Stars resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter