Hucifer and Dan's flipping huge trip report *Last 3 days/Epilogue! 10/9, pgs 36-38*

hucifer said:
so if spoilers aren’t your thing, you may want to skip Parts 2 to 4.
Me :love: Spoilers! :wave2: former kid who KNEW were Santa hid the presents! :banana:

hucifer said:
this particular tour description has a slightly negative tone about it.
Me :love: slightly negative tones! SNT's are a Dysfuntionals ear candy!

hucifer said:
The nicest monorail driver in the World…now if I could only remember her name…[/B]
PEGGY! :thumbsup2

hucifer said:
Dan rolls over and says that he had Harry Potter dreams last night..
:eek: Is Dan gonna be a 'DC Page' this Halloween or a Congressman????

hucifer said:
“You know what this means, don’t you?” ..
It means someone had been dressing up as HP WAYYYYYYYYY too much!!!! :p

hucifer said:
“It’s a good thing we don’t have any children. You’re probably the kind of mom who leaves their child on top of the minivan while driving around town.”..
NOW! It could happen! :thumbsup2

hucifer said:
Score one for Dan.
:rolleyes1

hucifer said:
I guiltily clip Mick on my waist and walk down to the lobby..
You still have the clip? My nephew lost this essential piece of Pal Mickey portability years ago!

hucifer said:
Not that I’m complaining or anything, but why didn’t we get asked before?..
Once anybody states "I'm not complaining...." They ARE INDEED COMPLAINING!

hucifer said:
Do you know how many times we had to walk through the rain to get to the Poly?
Just went back through the whole TR! 8

hucifer said:
Dan and I have our fun (surprise, surprise) taking silly photos of each other on the way there.
whew.gif
SO you KNOW that they are 'silly'!

hucifer said:
So she slows the monorail down to a dead stop…right in front of the ball. What a beautiful shot! .
:cool1:

hucifer said:
4969241.JPG

We're going to start selling our collection of co-pilot licenses on Ebay soon..
DO IT! They dont issue these ANYMORE! :sad2:

ps Smilies were given to me to use by my good friend & fellow Diser Cynderella!
monalisa.gif

OMG Wendy, I'm so excited for you & Dan! :banana: :banana: :banana: That is such fabulous news. Your little peanut is such a Lucky Ducky to have such fun loving, wonderful parents! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Have a fun & magical trip. Hmmm, maybe you should stop by SOG, who knows you might finally see that gator you've been looking for! ;) Take care!!!

Wendy and Dan, I just wanted to add all my congrats and wellwishes here. I have posted a few times, but I am not a woman of many words (who knew there was one of those?)

Anyway, I read all your reports and couldnt be happier for you! Best of luck to you!!!

Congradulations Wendy & Dan. I know that you both will be awesome parents. What a way to end a trip report. I bet that there has never been an ending here on the Dis boards that was so wonderful. :)

Okay, you have moved me to reply. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report these last several months, you are a very talented writer. I remember reading the part on the monorail, being able to relate to what you were feeling (we were married six years before we finally had a baby...then another...then another!--DH used to say, "first we don't got enough, now we got too many!", lol). I wish you and Dan all the best, you deserve it.

BTW, as someone who went to Disney twice when pregnant, drink tons and tons of water, and when you're done, drink some more (seriously), and my dr. said don't go on anything that spins , from teacups to MS (but it's worth it).

Have a safe and healthy pregnancy and a great trip, I hope you do a TR on it. I don't go to the library anymore, these TR's are just too funny! :thumbsup2

Dear Wendy,
Just got'ta say I very much enjoyed yer trip report. The writing was professional quality. Your use of teasers, reveals, present tense, etc grab the reader and suck them into your zany world.
You should really try yer hand at a novel. Maybe you could even get a job in the publications field? Well - maybe 6 months from now. Wouldn't want to scam out of work at a new job with this baby stuff and all. ;)
Great big congrat's, again. You'll make a swell Mom I'm sure.
As to this gold baby, never seen one in that color before. Must be unique. Gold attracts us pirates, but I think I'll leave this treasure be. 24k for sure. :thumbsup2
Well back ta sea. Will keep a weather eye out for yer next TR series. popcorn:: 'Til then the Cap'n wishes you fair winds and followin seas.

hucifer said:
we’re finally standing in front of a man with a clipboard who checks that we can legally enter the park early.
Did he have noticeably LIMEGREEN hair?? If so ...YOU GOT PUNKED! If not, He is your 'go to' guy! :thumbsup2

hucifer said:
By “nametags” he means that someone has written our names with permanent marker on peel-n-stick paper....Several steps down in quality, I would say..
:grouphug: THIS MUST HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE FOR YOU TWO. Especialy since you have NTF (Name Tag Fetish)

hucifer said:
Did you know that we are standing by Spaceship Earth and that most folks think it looks like a giant golf ball?”..
:confused3 Soccer Ball to ME!

hucifer said:
“Good thing we don’t have any children.” I say. “You’re probably one of those dads who drops his baby on his head.”
Come April, BUNGEE Peanut to Daddy! ;)
bungee.gif

hucifer said:
They look at least 10 years older than us.
Did they slow you down?
oldlady.gif
old.gif
oldlady.gif
old.gif
:earsboy: :earsgirl:
oldlady.gif
old.gif

hucifer said:
Around 9am, our tour guide Chiquita* rounds us up. Chiquita looks around my age and is a bit under the weather. She apologizes for having a cold and tells us to bear with her throughout the tour. She’s holding Kleenex, index cards, and an umbrella..
cough.gif

hucifer said:
Dan raises his hand. “Do we get to keep these nametags when the tour is over?”..
green%20check.gif
Dan is THE MAN!!!!

hucifer said:
My hand goes up.

“Are you going to give us headphones?”?”..
I am sure that
oldlady.gif
old.gif
&
cough.gif
are thinkin you two are RiffRaff from Universal!

hucifer said:
Call me a purist. But dang I hate that Epcot sign and Mickey hand.
PURIST! Me hates that tacky sign too!

hucifer said:
Yeah, yeah I know. I sort of suck the dignity right out of it..
BIG TIME! :rotfl:

hucifer said:
I plop my muffin on a tray and grab a water from the cooler. Six dollars for a muffin and a water?! Are you kidding me? This muffin better rock my world, Cashier Lady...
At least the water was not from the International Fountain!

hucifer said:
That’s harder than it sounds because those water bottles don’t balance well on plastic trays. They always threaten to fall off. It has something to do with balancing a tall bottle on a wide board…you know, it’s about the center of gravity of the bottle, or something else that’s physics-related and involves complicated equations to explain. If you do manage to balance it before you find a table, by the time you place the tray down, it will inevitably tip and roll off the table. It’s like Murphy’s Law or the Law of Physics or something. So I do my juggling act with the water bottle and the muffin and find a table. I sit down, catch my bottle before it hits the nasty floor, and start attacking my muffin. .
Although this is a very FUNNY LUCY moment...I gotta ask...For 1 muffin & a bottle of water...Why did you need a tray?????

hucifer said:
Don’t know why I even bought it, I had breakfast in the room. .
Cause a WDW CM 'suggested' it too you! YOU HAVE BEEN PROGRAMMED!

Wendy ~ Thank you for your truly entertaining TR. You & Dan are fun people!

Congratulations on 'lil Peanut! I hope Mickey doesn't get too jealous of his new sibling. But seriously, I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy and a happy, healthy baby.

Oh, and I thought of you this morning when I was listening to the news here in the Indianapolis area ..... witnesses reported seeing two alligators in the White River. :thumbsup2

Debbie

hucifer said:
Dan, in the meanwhile, has his attention at some hot young mom who walked past the group. I watched him as his eyes followed her all the way around the pavilion. I finally elbowed him. He spun his head back around to me, looking irritated. “What?” he asked.

“Dude, I’m right here!”
:rotfl2: Well now Dan has his very own "Young Hot MOM"!!!!! :thumbsup2

hucifer said:
Several minutes later, more of us are grumbling about Chiquita’s mysterious disappearance. Will they knock a few dollars off of our tour? What if she never comes back and we’re stuck here in the Land pavilion? Is there a way out without a guide? Will they ever find us? Will panic set in before she returns?

You, with the blue backpack and Bermuda shorts…send help! Tell them to look for a leaderless group in the Land pavilion…they will recognize us by our lost expressions and curled nametags. Hurry! Before we go hungry and start eating each other.
"LOST" in the Land Pavillion!!!! :eek: Dija see any Polar bears? What is the significance of 4 8 15 16 23 42 ????

hucifer said:
Call me crazy
:crazy:

hucifer said:
After a few more minutes of murmuring and confusion, she finally walks in the main entrance. Her nose is red from blowing and she looks a bit flustered. “I’m sorry about that,” she says with a nasally tone, but doesn’t offer a reason for her tardiness.
No Excuse Note?..."Dear Tourist, Please excuse my daughters tardiness. This is her first day on the job, and has the Bird Flu! Sincerely Chiquitas Mother" :confused3

hucifer said:
During her talk about the significance of the Land, a wad of spit flies out of her mouth and lands right on my chin..
yikes.gif
Am I the only one with a 'mental picture' of Rosanna Rosannadana?

hucifer said:
…the Coral Reef. I have never been inside this restaurant before, so when we walked through the lobby and into the restaurant…I gasped. Literally.

Oooooh. Sparkly...
:thumbsup2 A MUST DO for me! Disney ambience at its finest! :bounce: The food is a hit or miss though! :guilty:

hucifer said:
… A creepy old man in a dark alley in the middle of Detroit could allure me if he had something sparkly....
At least we now know how you met Dan! :p

hucifer said:
… She asked, “Can anyone name a Disney sea movie?”....
Woooooooooooooooooo! Not excatly a Million dollar WWTBAM question!

hucifer said:
… I raised my hand. “Me! Me! I can! Finding Nemo and The Little Mermaid

Chiquita praised me for my response....
Wow You are a needy one! :banana:

hucifer said:
… Chiquita talked about the Living Seas pavilion and how it’s like one of (or the) largest indoor aquariums on this side of the Mississippi.....
Ahem! Largest in the WORLD!

hucifer said:
…
Then she let out another cough. This time it was over the table she was sitting at. Which meant it was over someone’s lunch dishes......
NOTE TO SELF! never have the first sitting ANYWHERE a tour group has been!

hucifer said:
… So Chiquita chats on a bit about the significance of the seas pavilion (little of which I can remember by now), until she finally collects her index cards, stands up, and asks her to follow her to the next pavilion.......
Sounds like you STILL remember more than Chiquita, WITHOUT Index cards! :smooth:

hucifer said:
… …the old Image Works playground........
:cool1: in a sad, yet creepy way!

hucifer said:
… Hidden Mickey... Seeing that I’m virtually unable to spot these things on my own, I, Hermione Granger, finally couldn’t raise my hand and squeak out an answer.........
We suffer from HMC! Hidden Mickey Challenged! :confused3

hucifer said:
… Chiquita whips out her index cards and talks about many things. She did mention some things about the Imagination pavilion, but she also talked about corporate sponsorship and that while many companies pull their sponsorship from attractions, that it was okay either way if a pavilion was sponsored or not. I wasn’t sure why she kept trying to drive this point home. .........
NYQUIL kicken in!
drunk.gif

hucifer said:
Once a village idiot, always a village idiot.
Yet you chose him outta of all the millions to begift you with a child!

hucifer said:
A few minutes later, we are joined by some unfamiliar faces. A middle-aged couple stands behind us and wait as patiently as any good WDW guest would. Since Dan and I are at the back of the line waiting to get in, we are the first to notice that we have some new peeps joining us. A few others notice, but no one says anything..
Possibly a Alternate Dimensions Wendy & Dan?

hucifer said:
Suddenly, the HP rep approached us and in a soft but panicked voice announced that time was up, we had to leave the premises immediately. Geez, get over yourself, lady. We’re not talking about classified military information here. It’s just a stupid lounge...
Was it a Red Headed lady? Rumor has it that the MS Lounge was headquarters for the HP Privacy scandel. Quite possibly you were about to uncover something!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :lmao: Stuff!

So I feel like I just rented the second season of Grey's Anatomy and watched all the episodes in a row--I just found this trip report a few days ago- and love that I am all caught up- in real time-- and i laughed, i cried - and i want to tell everyone that i just discovered the best tv show (er trip report), only to find out that everyone already knows about it!

I was just going to finish reading the report and go happily on my way- but after 41 pages, I decided that's impossible. Especially when there is a picture of a fetus involved.... Congratulations to you- and to the little peanut- that h/she has found an awesomely funny duo to join.

I look forward to hearing about your upcoming trip :wave:

Loubon said:
Is it just me or does this kid look just like Alberto???? :confused: (Hey I could have said Otto! :p )

Ahhh Mr. Loubon, I see how you think Ms. Hucifer's peanut looks like me. Oh silly you, that just might be a third leg or something in picture! :confused3
As we say in old country, Ti amo come il mio fratello :wave2:

hucifer said:
Here’s to our little peanut, who is making our family whole, and for all the wonderful new memories we will have because of him/her, inside and out of Disney World!
49692s_Tired.JPG

Our precious little peanut
Thanks all,
Wendy

Oh miss hucifer, I am so happy for you!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :thumbsup2 :yay: I sit here in tears, tears of joy, :woohoo: I am so happy. What can I say other than “sostantivo!!!!” party: :jumping1: :earboy2: :mickeyjum

alberto said:
Ahhh Mr. Loubon, I see how you think Ms. Hucifer's peanut looks like me. Oh silly you, that just might be a third leg or something in picture! :confused3
As we say in old country, Ti amo come il mio fratello :wave2:

Well it was either you or that Captain and Tennille fella. :p

Wendy, I just wanted you to know that I cancelled all our ADR's for our upcomming trip Oct. 12-23. I figure that I will do it the Dan way, just walk right in a get a table. I just told my wife that Dan does it that way so we can too. :teeth:

Just another one chiming in to add my CONGRATULATIONS!!! to the list! AGoofymom e-mailed me earlier tonight and spoiled the surprise before I got a chance to read it, but I've been in bed for 2 days with a cold. I am so happy for you both! Enjoy every moment, cause they pass by so quickly and they grow up so fast...my "peanut" just measured 43" the other day, that's 3" since the end of March, and he's only 3!!!

Here's hoping there's something in the water at WDW or something in the DIS boards that keeps popping up with trip report preggers...we're trying for a souvenir of our own on our trip back in 2 weeks. :cloud9:

Again, wishing you all the best!! :grouphug:

Congrats on the little one on the way! You tell a great story and show what fun life is all about :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more TR's from you!

Lew

PS must be somthing in the water... My good friend whom is 40 just found out they are expecting. They gave up after 10 yrs of trying...

Wendy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and Brat have a fab-uuu-lus time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye Bye!!!!!!!

I was home sick the past two days and stumbled across your trip report. I cannot tell you I read it from start to finish. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I laughed and I cried. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on your "little peanut" :goodvibes . And now I see that you're going back to the world tomorrow and can't wait for the next report to come my way.

kpk89 said:
Oh, Wendy.

Full circle from that long-ago chapter (was that last year or something?) where you made me cry on the monorail with you, at the sight of that little princess.

And here you are. All pregnant and stuff. Making me cry again for you.

Great report, and your fabulous sense of humor will carry you far in the world of parenting. Trust me.

Congratulations to both of you! What wonderful news.

Couldn't have said it better.

Congrats and pass the Kleenex. I'm a cryin happy tears over here! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter