How's the rollout of MagicMobile going?

Yep, the same feature will be available in watchOS 8. So as long as you have a Series 3 or newer you should be good.
Thanks - I have a 5 now, so I’m good! Enjoying using it to get in the parks now - looking forward to more uses!

Yep, we’ve used our Apple watches as MBs to enter the parks 3 times now without a hitch. DH has his MB puck in a Magic Keeper on a lanyard for opening the room door and resort gates, though.

I've got my MB puck on my Mickey shaped lanyard as well. I was really hoping the watch would do everything, I'm a little bumped to hear it doesn't work for the room and resort gates. I assume it works for purchases as a part of wallet right?

I've got my MB puck on my Mickey shaped lanyard as well. I was really hoping the watch would do everything, I'm a little bumped to hear it doesn't work for the room and resort gates. I assume it works for purchases as a part of wallet right?
It’s supposed to, if you have Apple Pay set up for your watch, because you’d simply be using your Apple Pay CC. DH has been doing room charges with his MB puck, though. I think they’ll be expanding watch functionality as time goes on, to make it a true alternative for the MB.

It’s supposed to, if you have Apple Pay set up for your watch, because you’d simply be using your Apple Pay CC. DH has been doing room charges with his MB puck, though. I think they’ll be expanding watch functionality as time goes on, to make it a true alternative for the MB.

I'll have to see if my Disney gift cards can be loaded into wallet then, haven't tried that yet. The reason we used to put it on the room is that we'd use discounted disney gift cards to pay those charges. It usually resulted in an additional 10-15% discount. Or in the mean time I'll have to do the sam as your DH and put it on my lanyard.

Thank you for the info!

I'll have to see if my Disney gift cards can be loaded into wallet then, haven't tried that yet.
I believe that Disney eGift Cards can be loaded in to the Apple Wallet, but you can't use them with Apple Pay. You would pull it up in the wallet app and the CM would scan the bar code.

I believe that Disney eGift Cards can be loaded in to the Apple Wallet, but you can't use them with Apple Pay. You would pull it up in the wallet app and the CM would scan the bar code.
I tried to put a physical GC in the wallet and was unsuccessful.

Just had two trips in the past month and used the MagicMobile both times with no problems. My first trip I had my husband’s ticket and my annual pass on my watch and had no problems using both. It was definitely easier this past trip when it was just me and only had my pass and didn’t have to switch between them. Worked like a charm just putting my watch up to the turnstiles, didn’t have to pull anything up and it picked up my DVC association so I got my pink light and my welcome home message. I just got an email for my trip in the end of October and just noticed that a “coming soon” feature to the MagicMobile is the charging to your room feature. It may have every well been there before I just didn’t notice that before. Now they need to add opening your room door and a way to add Disney gift cards to my wallet and I’ll be a happy camper. I am happy with the available features just adding my wish list items. 875E26F6-4FB4-45B5-BF37-E1A9E8B17BE7.jpeg

Now they need to add opening your room door and a way to add Disney gift cards to my wallet and I’ll be a happy camper.
Opening your hotel room using Disney MagicMobile will be available on select iPhones (reportedly iPhone XS and newer) sometime after Apple releases iOS 15 later this year. iOS 15 will support Hotel Keys and Disney was listed as a launch partner. Not sure if Android has anything similar for Hotel Rooms.

Electronic Disney Gift Cards can be added to the Apple Wallet, but you would need to display it so they can scan the bar code. I doubt that they will ever be supported in Apple Pay.

Last edited:
Opening your hotel room using Disney MagicMobile will be available on iPhones sometime after Apple releases iOS 15 later this year. iOS 15 will support Hotel Keys and Disney was listed as a launch partner. Not sure if Android has anything similar for Hotel Rooms.

Electronic Disney Gift Cards can be added to the Apple Wallet, but you would need to display it so they can scan the bar code. I doubt that they will ever be supported in Apple Pay.
You can already open up hotel rooms with MDE on your phone.

Sorry I didn’t clarify, the phone part I know and have used it to open the door, it’s the watch I want to be able to use to open the door and put the giftcards on. Having a cellular watch I’d love to be able to pull out my phone as little as possible. @erionm I’d love to hear how to add the electronic Disney gift cards to my wallet though.

Last edited:
OK Well I figured out that whole adding a disney gift card to the wallet app on the iPhone!!! Background - I have been buying my disney gift cards from Target to get the 5% off using my Target Redcard. They do not give you the option to add it to the wallet when you get the gift card. So when @erionm said it can be done it got me searching the interweb and of course that was totally useless, people saying it cant be done, others saying use an alternative app to get it to add to the wallet app. Then I wondered if ordering the Disney gift card directly from the Disney shopping website would be different and low and behold IT IS!!! I hated not getting my whopping 5% off but it was worth it. I ordered a $25 egift card from the Shop Disney website when I tapped on the email there it was, the add to Apple wallet I’ve been searching for!!! You do not get this when you buy it elsewhere that I know of, at least not from the egift cards you get from target. So there it is, that is the solution on how to add disney gift cards to your Apple or GPay (that option is also in the email). Make sure you tap on the add to wallet on your iPhone. Even better, it shows up on my Apple Watch!!! I cannot wait to use this when I go in October!!! Thank you @erions for making me use my head 😆!

ETA: I could not find the egift card option on the Shop Disney app had to get it on the website. There are two options Mickey or the Child, B08887B2-4407-4240-B2C7-222755400089.jpeg I chose the Child card and thats how it shows up in the wallet app. Also, I was able to add the gift card to disney gift card . Com website to transfer my funds from my other cards I had purchased at Target onto that card.

Last edited:
Also, I was able to add the gift card to disney gift card . Com website to transfer my funds from my other cards I had purchased at Target onto that card.

Ah! If I'm reading this right, you can buy one electronic gift card direct from Disney, add that to your Apple Wallet, then buy as many other gift cards as you want at Target and combine their balances onto the electronic card in your wallet?

What are your experiences in using MagicMobile with Apple Watch for Photopass photographers and ride photos?

What are your experiences in using MagicMobile with Apple Watch for Photopass photographers and ride photos?
I don’t think the Watch links to ride photos - you have to have MDE on your phone set to use Bluetooth in order to link ride photos. That said, in March and June we had unusual issues with ride photos - got other people’s photos, not ours, on multiple rides - despite DH wearing a MB puck on a lanyard. He used that puck for the photographers too, since it was handy. However I think that you can pull up your QR code on the Apple Watch and have them scan that.

OK Well I figured out that whole adding a disney gift card to the wallet app on the iPhone!!! Background - I have been buying my disney gift cards from Target to get the 5% off using my Target Redcard. They do not give you the option to add it to the wallet when you get the gift card. So when @erionm said it can be done it got me searching the interweb and of course that was totally useless, people saying it cant be done, others saying use an alternative app to get it to add to the wallet app. Then I wondered if ordering the Disney gift card directly from the Disney shopping website would be different and low and behold IT IS!!! I hated not getting my whopping 5% off but it was worth it. I ordered a $25 egift card from the Shop Disney website when I tapped on the email there it was, the add to Apple wallet I’ve been searching for!!! You do not get this when you buy it elsewhere that I know of, at least not from the egift cards you get from target. So there it is, that is the solution on how to add disney gift cards to your Apple or GPay (that option is also in the email). Make sure you tap on the add to wallet on your iPhone. Even better, it shows up on my Apple Watch!!! I cannot wait to use this when I go in October!!! Thank you @erions for making me use my head 😆!

ETA: I could not find the egift card option on the Shop Disney app had to get it on the website. There are two options Mickey or the Child, View attachment 596985 I chose the Child card and thats how it shows up in the wallet app. Also, I was able to add the gift card to disney gift card . Com website to transfer my funds from my other cards I had purchased at Target onto that card.
I have been trying to figure this out for quite some time. Thank you for walking us through this. I ordered a $25 egift card today, added it to my apple wallet, and transferred money to it from a card I purchased from a another retailer. Super easy and just in time for my trip next week.

I have a question. I have a trip coming up at the end of the year, six people in total. There are two Iphone users and four Android users, all six are on one MyDisney Experience account. Can each person sign into the one MyDisney Experience account and add their pass to the wallet on their phone?

I don't want to have everyone's pass in my wallet, but I would like each person to have their pass on their own phone.

Possible?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter