How's the rollout of MagicMobile going?

This is something I would say to everyone, I wish I could use my watch. So finally the day came!!! Loaded my card on too my apple wallet and off I went to EPCOT. When I got to the entrance and put my watch by the scanner, it scanned it like a magic band would work . No pushing buttons to activate like a credit card, just worked. So love it!!! Just a nice option not to have to bring a magic band with you ,or if you forgot to bring your band...Thanks for making life just a little bit easier..

Yeah! I have been wanting a watch for years and just never got it because I wasn’t sure. When I saw this during my trip two weeks ago, I came home and told DH I now had a reason and had ordered it while still there.

I love my new watch and glad it will work so easy! Of course his first response when I came home and said I had bought something that would make going to Disney easier and It was the watch he said “At least that was a lot cheaper than the points I thought you were going to tell me you bought “ Lol

Any updates from those who have used MagicMobile lately? Did it work smoothly?

I purchased my park ticket using a gift card. My understanding was that, prior to MagicMobile, I would have needed to go to a ticket window to get a physical ticket. Now that I have MM stored in my phone's Apple Wallet, can I assume that step is no longer necessary?

Any updates from those who have used MagicMobile lately? Did it work smoothly?

I purchased my park ticket using a gift card. My understanding was that, prior to MagicMobile, I would have needed to go to a ticket window to get a physical ticket. Now that I have MM stored in my phone's Apple Wallet, can I assume that step is no longer necessary?
MM on your phone or watch works like a MB, so yes, you don’t need to get a physical ticket if you have MM on your watch/phone - or a MB. Prior to MM you wouldn’t have needed a physical ticket if you had a MB linked to an MDE account and a ticket linked to the same account.

I was able to add my pass to my wallet, but when i did it for my wife, i get a message that there is one error but it doesn’t tell me what the error is. I did associate a CC with her wallet, so that shouldn’t be the problem.

MM on your phone or watch works like a MB, so yes, you don’t need to get a physical ticket if you have MM on your watch/phone - or a MB. Prior to MM you wouldn’t have needed a physical ticket if you had a MB linked to an MDE account and a ticket linked to the same account.
I can see my 8 passes in my apple wallet for my upcoming trip in June. But all it says is each name and the date it is valid. Shouldn't there be a bar code or qr code or something to scan upon arrival at the gate? Or, maybe does a code appear on the day that we are scheduled to go? I just feel like I"m missing something.

I can see my 8 passes in my apple wallet for my upcoming trip in June. But all it says is each name and the date it is valid. Shouldn't there be a bar code or qr code or something to scan upon arrival at the gate? Or, maybe does a code appear on the day that we are scheduled to go? I just feel like I"m missing something.
The video in this Disney Parks Blog post might help. Apparently you have to use your phone and swipe through the 8 passes, touching your phone to the Mickey head for each one. There’s no code, only the signal that’s sent, like when you tap your credit card to pay. It sounds like only your pass will work via your watch.

Thank you so much. I was literally looking for this for an hour but couldn’t find an explanation except regarding magic bands and cards. I so appreciate your quick response and help!

I can't wait to try out my watch in May! I wear my MagicBand on my "wrong" wrist, so I'm always trying to tap my watch to the reader anyway 🤪. Our only problem is that we're in a mixed marriage... I'm Apple, and DW is Android. Hopefully the Android version will be available next month, but we're not holding our breath.

I used it on my watch last week. Works just like a magic band. You should open applepay and select your pass before You get to the tap point. The QR stays up for quite a while and you won't hold up the line setting things up. Just tap and go. It even lit up purple 😁

Do you have to open Apple Pay? Disney's information states “This pass works automatically without FaceID or your passcode. Just hold your iPhone or Apple Watch near a reader." and "You don’t need to pull anything up or have the screen displayed in order to use MagicMobile."

You have to open Apple Pay on your watch or phone, then select your AP. It will then be ready to tap. The watch displays a QR code.

That sounds like it will slow down the lines tremendously. I can picture most people getting all the way up to the readers before they start fumbling to take out their phone or set up their watch, while herding kids, holding bags, etc.

On the watch it’s just two taps on the small button and a swipe on the screen but yes, I could see it slowing things down. That’s why I advise have it open before you get to the tap point.

On the watch it’s just two taps on the small button and a swipe on the screen but yes, I could see it slowing things down. That’s why I advise have it open before you get to the tap point.
So, you tried just tapping the watch to the Mickey and it didn't work? You mean it isn't working as Disney's IT told Disney's PR folks it would?! :rolleyes1

I can't wait to try out my watch in May! I wear my MagicBand on my "wrong" wrist, so I'm always trying to tap my watch to the reader anyway 🤪. Our only problem is that we're in a mixed marriage... I'm Apple, and DW is Android. Hopefully the Android version will be available next month, but we're not holding our breath.
They announced it is coming to Android in April.....but April is almost over and we still haven't seen it.

Thanks for that info... So although they're sending people tags, I'm guessing we still need to handle luggage the same as it's been recently (i.e. picking up at baggage claim and taking to Magical Express ourselves, etc.)
I used it on my watch last week. Works just like a magic band. You should open applepay and select your pass before You get to the tap point. The QR stays up for quite a while and you won't hold up the line setting things up. Just tap and go. It even lit up purple 😁
Do you have to open Apple Pay? Disney's information states “This pass works automatically without FaceID or your passcode. Just hold your iPhone or Apple Watch near a reader." and "You don’t need to pull anything up or have the screen displayed in order to use MagicMobile."
You have to open Apple Pay on your watch or phone, then select your AP. It will then be ready to tap. The watch displays a QR code.
I had to open applepay and select my AP from my cards then tap the Mickey . I did not try just tapping in.
I knew I had read of someone’s actual experience using their Apple Watch as a MB for park entry, just for themselves, without having to open the wallet on their watch - and it was THIS post on page 1 of this same thread. So it seems that you don’t have to open your wallet unless you’re tapping in for several people, e.g. your kids.

Well I will have to try again in December without pushing any buttons
Make sure that "Express Mode" is turned on. It should be on by default.

On your iPhone, select your Disney Pass in the Wallet App and then touch the circle with the 3 dots at the top left. The Express Mode setting is beneath the QR code.

Don't know how to access the setting on an Apple Watch since mine is a Series 0 and not supported. Apple Watch Series 3 or later is required for Disney MagicMobile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter