How would you spruce up each park?

angelmichelle

Mouseketeer
You have been a newly instated Imagineer with the go ahead to construct plans for each park in WDW (MK, AK, DHS, EPCOT)... how would you spruce up each park? Be as specific or as general as you want... (if this is the wrong board, I apologize - thought this would just be fun to discuss!).

:)

I'll play. I assume there are no budget limitations, so this total fantasy.

Using the space east of the studios and south of epcot to start. I'd have virtual entrances from both epcot and the studios linking the parks. I'd install a subway train system modeled in a star wars theme. When you descend into the tunnel on the train. Lights will simulate stars. As the train increases speed, the stars will be stretched to simulate the feeling of jumping to hyper space.
They new space would be either a star wars land or just an outer space themed park. This new sub park would have individual "lands" that simulate the different worlds from star wars. One representative world from each of the movies. Think Ewoks and Endor etc. I'm not enough of a star wars follower to know the names of all the worlds at this point, but you get the drift. I suppose you could also work in Pandora from Avatar. If done right, you could have mini parks all around the current Disney property linked by subway so that you have to jump to hyperspace each time to get to each new themed area. The individual worlds would not necessarily be next to each other, simply be on the train route. Certainly a death star would have to be part of scenario, perhaps as its own mini park, perhaps even as new deluxe resort, were folks can have there own detention cells as rooms.
Each world presents it's own theme opportunities. Some could be completely subterranean to keep a dark feel 24 hours a day, but also keep folks dry and cool during those challenging weather days.
Add new mini parks as newer movies are released.

A guy can dream can't he?:confused3

You have been a newly instated Imagineer with the go ahead to construct plans for each park in WDW (MK, AK, DHS, EPCOT)... how would you spruce up each park? Be as specific or as general as you want... (if this is the wrong board, I apologize - thought this would just be fun to discuss!).

:)

Now this sounds like fun.

My efforts would be on EPCOT. 1st develop that 'dead' Odyessy Center area (between Future World and World Showcase) in to another 'country' to visit. How about Greece? Then how about maybe Australia? Not much room for squeezing in another 'country' though.. except maybe in the area between Test Track and Epcot Center Drive.. Might not be enough room there. ??.

Universe of Energy and Wonders of Life in FW need a replacement. How about a real prototype city with all the latest in transportation, energy grids, entertainment, police protection, etc ?

And.. Captain EO... seriously .. (why did that even come back) ? 3D entertainment is cool stuff. Maybe a theater with TRON or the Wonders of the Future World ??

I just think that EPCOT needs some help.. Maybe because we've been there so many times.. idk.. we seriously try not think that way. We love Disney.

Have fun with this folks. Good Thread.

So, if money was no issue...

Magic Kingdom
Fantasyland
  • Refurbish IASW with fresh paint and fix any broken AA's
  • Refurbish Mad Tea Party with fresh paint
  • Fix any broken AA's in Under The Sea
  • Refurbish Peter Pan with fresh paint and new queue
Adventureland
  • Nothing major... maybe some fresh paint wherever needed
Frontierland
  • Freshly paint Splash Mountain and fix all the broken AA's
Liberty Square
Tomorrowland
  • Completely repaint and retrack Space Mountain - full refurbishment
  • Tear down Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
  • Tear down Stitch's Great Escape
  • Repaint the entire land with grays, silvers, blues
  • Update the People Mover
  • Completely retheme/refurbish the Speedway to TRON
  • Refurbish Buzz
  • Build a two new innovative rides

Epcot
Future World
  • Overhaul Innoventions with more interactive exhibits
  • New show in place of Captain EO
  • Refurbish Ellen but keep the ride!
  • Repaint anything needing painting
  • Update Soarin' with new video and technology
  • Create a new nighttime show
World Showcase
  • Add a new country Greece TS/CS and living museum
  • Add a water ride to Greece with homage to Hercules
  • Refurbish Norway's Maelstrom

Disney's Hollywood Studio's
Pixar Place
  • Add a Monsters Inc dark ride
  • Add Flo's V-8 Cafe CS
  • Add a Ratatouille ride (like the one rumored to be built in DLP)
  • Tear down Backlot Tour and LMA! for this new area
  • Incredibles' Frozone water play area
  • Retheme HISTK's playground to Bug's Life
Star Wars
  • Remove IJESS, American Idol, and Sounds Dangerous
  • Expand with CS restaurant
  • Official M&G with Chewbacca and Yoda
  • Official Merchandise store (big)
  • New attraction of some sort
Everything Else
  • Refurbish GMR with new paint
  • Update Muppet*Vision

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Scrap Avatarland and instead build the Outback
  • Dark ride that introduces the various animals of the Outback (crocodiles, kangaroos, koala, emu/exotic birds, snakes)
  • New Kangaroos and Wallabies exhibit
  • Great Barrier Reef log flume-style ride with Nemo incorporated
  • Move Finding Nemo show to here
  • Australian TS
Everything Else
  • Asia: Fix the Yeti
  • Africa: Move FOTLK to Africa (actual plans are in set)
  • Africa: The Jungle Book or Tarzan M&G in Africa
  • Africa: New dark ride of Tarzan or the Jungle Book

I think that's all... :rotfl2:

angelmichelle said:

Magic Kingdom
Fantasyland
Refurbish IASW with fresh paint and fix any broken AA's
Refurbish Mad Tea Party with fresh paint
Fix any broken AA's in Under The Sea
Refurbish Peter Pan with fresh paint and new queue
Adventureland
Nothing major... maybe some fresh paint wherever needed
Frontierland
Freshly paint Splash Mountain and fix all the broken AA's
Liberty Square
Nothing major... maybe some fresh paint wherever needed
Tomorrowland
Completely repaint and retrack Space Mountain - full refurbishment
Tear down Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Tear down Stitch's Great Escape
Repaint the entire land with grays, silvers, blues
Update the People Mover
Completely retheme/refurbish the Speedway to TRON
Refurbish Buzz
Build a two new innovative rides

Epcot
Future World
Overhaul Innoventions with more interactive exhibits
New show in place of Captain EO
Refurbish Ellen but keep the ride!
Repaint anything needing painting
Update Soarin' with new video and technology
Create a new nighttime show

World Showcase
Add a new country Greece TS/CS and living museum
Add a water ride to Greece with homage to Hercules
Refurbish Norway's Maelstrom

Pixar Place
Add a Monsters Inc dark ride
Add Flo's V-8 Cafe CS
Add a Ratatouille ride (like the one rumored to be built in DLP)
Tear down Backlot Tour and LMA! for this new area
Star Wars
Remove IJESS, American Idol, and Sounds Dangerous
Expand with CS restaurant
Official M&G with Chewbacca and Yoda
Official Merchandise store (big)
New attraction of some sort
Everything Else
Refurbish GMR with new paint
Update Muppet*Vision

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Dark ride that introduces the various animals of the Outback (crocodiles, kangaroos, koala, emu/exotic birds, snakes)
New Kangaroos and Wallabies exhibit
Great Barrier Reef log flume-style ride with Nemo incorporated
Move Finding Nemo show to here
Australian TS
Everything Else
Asia: Fix the Yeti
Africa: Move FOTLK to Africa (actual plans are in set)
Africa: The Jungle Book or Tarzan M&G in Africa
Africa: New dark ride of Tarzan or the Jungle Book

Um... I think you need to get hired right now!

Um... I think you need to get hired right now!

I wish!
Also, I added an Incredibles' Frozone water play area for Pixar Place for the toddlers and to beat the summer heat... and pay homage to the underrated Incredibles. I would add UP, but I can't see it fitting anywhere. Perhaps retheme HISTK's playground to Bug's Life... yup.

EPCOT has a lot of room for expansion of other countries. I would do as follows:

MK:
A major redoing of Tomorrowland. I would get rid of Monsters Inc and Stitch. I would replace Monsters Inc with a Wall-E interactive ride and Stitch with a Tron based show. I would also update CoP to include a new ending. I would update speedway with electric cars. I would used the closed theater as a new dance area and tear that down once again reopening up the land. Buzz would also be updated with new lasers.

EPCOT:
Where to start? in future world I would redo imagination and make it better. I would also like to add a health pavilion or weather pavilion. In the World Showcase I would add Greece and Australia or Egypt. Greece would get restaurant, authentic village and new ride. Italy will also get a gondola ride. Australia will get replica of famous sights. Bullet train added to Japan.

DHS:
Ha… I can make a whole thread on this. Bye AI hello Star Wars and Indy land. Bye racing cars hello Cars. Hello MiC coaster and Laugh Floor.

AK:
Fix Yeti. Another E-Ticket probably avatar based. Move lion king expand Nemo show. Make it a full day park. More animals?

I would love to see more boy-oriented character meals - pirates, Star Wars (or even the fab five in their SW costumes), Toy Story, etc. it feels like a fairly large demographic they are missing out on.

I would like to see a few more rides though out World Showcase- just small things similar to Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta.

I would re-add Wonders of Life, and re-do the theming to update it, along with bringing back Body Wars.

I would love to see some sensory playgrounds added to each park as an area for kids with sensory issues to unwind in a quiet, calming environment.

Space Mountain is kind of rough- it needs new cars, new tracks, and an overall fix. I don't get motion sick, and that ride made me want to lose my dinner last February.

I love the idea above of a Frozone water area. I think HS misses a lot of marketing by sticking to just TS for the Pixar area. An UP ride similar to Peter Pan, a Monsters, inc dark ride, the Frozone play area, and Bugs Life themed play area- it would be far more encompassing than it is now.

Can't say much about backlot, or the action show. I remember liking the tour, but it was in refurb when I was there last, so it's been since 1995 since I did it, and I have never done the action show.

I would love to see MK add a new land in the area between Frontierland and Fantasyland. Not SU what, exactly. Or, maybe just another ride- Matterhorn, maybe, along with another dark ride. Two rides would help distribute the flow a bit more.

Ooooh, that's a good list. I agree with the poster above--they should bring you on staff.

I do find myself thinking about this every visit (so frequently ;) ). My short list:

Magic Kingdom

Tomorrowland needs a big redo

EPCOT

Future World needs help. I think a pavilion dedicated to the human genome would be very cool

World Showcase needs countries. My top picks would be Russia, Brazil, Turkey & Austrailia

Hollywood Studios

I've always thought this place needs some overall theme work and organization. I wouldn't mind seeing an update to Indiana Jones.

Animal Kingdom

I think a pavilion dedicated to Extinction & the Extinct might provide a real opportunity for both education and entertainment.

Ooooh, and I want the main Street Bakery back. :yay:

Sorry--I just had to say it again.

They should really spruce up the parks with original attractions. The last major one was, what, Everest? I'm all for Carsland and everything but I miss when Disney didn't rely on their own films and characters to add to the parks.

Magic Kingdom is fine as is, I might just do away with Stitch and Monsters Inc. We just got the Fantasyland expansion so apart from general upkeep, all's well.

Epcot could stand to add more attractions/pavilions to the Showcase obviously, but they're never going to. I see Mission Space being replaced/redone more than anything. I'd like to see Ellen with a new storyline maybe, but still keep Ellen in it because, well, she's hilarious.

MGM is in talks already for being updated and it probably will concern Carsland just because, well, they're lazy and like recycling attractions apparently. However I'd like to see a new Indy dark ride similar to the one in Anaheim, even if it ended up being a clone I'd be cool with it cause it's a great ride.

Animal Kingdom needs to do something with the Camp Mickey area of course, and I'm praying to God its not Avatar-related. I'm sure it would be amazing but it doesn't have legs to stand on like Harry Potter at Universal (or the rumored Lord of the Rings happenings there either), and Disney still needs a retaliation to that since, while Fantasyland is great, I don't think it's on par. The Beastly Kingdom coming back would be kinda cool, but it's probably shelved for good. I'd like to see something original like that at least.

I would build a whole new park "Villians Cove" or "Villians Lair" and the main rides would be roller coasters. (at least 4 real good ones, 2 inside, 2 outside, all steel, something that rivals the Hulk, ) Obviously, the whole park would be villian themed. I think there needs to be at least one ride compared to IOA's spiderman/ transformers ride. Think about it... how many awesome villians there are! So many wonderful ways you could spin this. And it wouldn't have to be nessesarily all dark and dreary either.

Maybe even have a teen/college hangout/night club?

Don't get me wrong. I adore Disney World and love what they have. But I wouldn't be so tempted to run over to IOA if they had more coaster rides.

Who would your favorite villians be spotlighted in my lil' silly fantasy world? :laughing:

Magic Kingdom
Fantasyland
Adventureland
Frontierland
Liberty Square
Tomorrowland
  • Refurbish Buzz

Epcot
Future World
World Showcase

Pixar Place
  • Add Flo's V-8 Cafe CS
Star Wars
Everything Else
  • Update Muppet*Vision

Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Dark ride that introduces the various animals of the Outback (crocodiles, kangaroos, koala, emu/exotic birds, snakes)
  • Australian TS
Everything Else

and recreate an adult entertainment district!
And new monorails

I know...not in the parks, but highly related.

At work, so can't go into too much detail. I'll start small and try to remember to expand later.

Start with overall re-design of park mentality/feel:

Animal Kingdom:
Make this park focus solely on nature/environment/animals. Build expanded areas for different biomes. Savannah and Jungle are taken care of to an extent but they can still be expanded on. Tie in of Disney Nature series documentaries and themes from animated classics based on animals/nature (more Lion King, Nemo, Bug's Life, Up, The Wild, etc). I feel this would also be a great park to include an area dedicated to the fairies. Increasing diverse regions, and adding in more well-designed attractions, could quickly bring this up to all-day park status.

DHS:
Distinct areas dedicated to two over-all ideas. First, an area for focus on the non-animated. There are so many to choose from and a good bit of the park is set this way already. This should include expandable sections for the franchises: Star Wars, Avatar, Narnia, etc.
Second area would be more on the animation. The process itself and the more 'creative' stories. Toy Story, Monsters, Cars, Ralph, etc. Some are here (or rumored to be coming), some are in areas where I don't feel they truly fit (Laugh Floor).
Expansion of current titles, and something original needs to be put in. Something outside existing movies and IPs. This would also make DHS, the 'boys' park. Like a number of others on these boards, I think Disney is missing out a LOT on marketing to males.

EPCOT:
Future World:
Make this area about the sciences, technology, innovation. Update attractions to showcase emerging ideas. Take Nemo out of the seas (put into AK), and bring it back to the aquarium and exploration of the seas themselves. Work more with Figment around this area.
World Showcase:
Add countries and/or expand on the ones in place. Make these places families, adults, teenagers on their own want to visit.

Magic Kingdom:
Keep building on the Magic. Rides that theme into other parts should be replaced with original creations. Stop using current movies as a crutch everywhere, and get back to designing new. Keep the current, as much of it is still highly popular. Use new areas to create new stories once again.

Magic Kingdom
Fantasyland
Adventureland
Frontierland
Liberty Square
Tomorrowland
  • Refurbish Buzz

Epcot
Future World
World Showcase

Pixar Place
  • Add Flo's V-8 Cafe CS
Star Wars
Everything Else
  • Update Muppet*Vision

Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Australian TS
Everything Else

:thumbsup2 Only thing I would add to the list is additional countries in Epcot. We love this part of WDW, but have pretty much seen it all by now. We do spend 2 whole days just perusing the countries and shops each time we are there and would love to see something new!

Love the idea of making an extinction area in Animal Kingdom. And the comment about the animated and non-animated sections for DHS is just that that park needs. Pixar needs its own part of DHS, kinda like MK has "lands". Make a star wars area, a movie classics area, pixar area....etc.

I love many of these ideas. I would only add improving the restaurants and adding new places to eat to DHS. Yes, please improve Epcot! It needs help desperately.

Ok, I'm going to break the rules. Build a new park entirely somewhere near DL or WDW. Make it a villain's park. Make these changes to the classic layout:

Main Street = Sleepy Hollow;
Sleeping Beauty Castle = Malificient's Castle;
Matterhorn = Chernobog;
Train around the Park = Ghost Train around the Park;
Lampposts = Torches;
etc.

Even better, make it innocent/benign in the daytime and then go villain crazy at night!

I would visit that park... EVERY... DAY.

[Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Australian TS

Agreed with the other poster: You be hired! In preparation for that, can we begin talking about me taking over the Painting Contract?

Have read the "Outback" suggestion on many other threads - LOVE IT! I fully believe that the American public is more fascinated by Australia then Avatar.

And, I loved your vision! Some additions and suggestions:

• If I can't get Shrimp on the Barbie - I rescind my support!
  • Love the Log Flume concept! I would suggest that on one of the plunges you actually go under-water (in a TUBE) so you can see the reef.
  • If you had the reef, that is another "mini-attraction" that non-riders could view via a different area. And/or put a Restaurant with the reef surrounding the dining area.
  • Soarin' over the Outback would be cool.
  • Ayers Rock needs incorporated somehow.....
  • No snakes please!

I am a firm believer that AK represents Disney's finest work since Disneyland opened. The Outback fit's with the mantra of the park about 1 Kajillion times better then Avatar.

First of all, I agree with anyone who says SCRAP Avataar-land. Just a BAD idea from the get go. Especially in Animal Kingdom. If it was MGM, I'd still be resistent, but open to see what's offered.

Ok, now to everything else...

Magic Kingdom:

-I like the idea of replacing the Indy Track with the Tron bikes
-Bring back the Penny Arcade. I loved the old time games that were offered there
-Firm up the moving path on the way out of Space Mtn. Weirds me out how bouncy it is

MGM:

-Expand the Star Wars area. A couple more rides/shows. And, maybe, create a table service restaurant themed after Bespin or a Star Destroyer
-Expand on Streets of America. More streets. Maybe city specific shops or food stands down each street
-Maybe add a 3rd option on the Great Movie Ride

Animal Kingdom:
-Add S. America (no Brazilian tour group jokes/comments please) or Australia or both
-NO FRICKIN' AVATAAR-LAND!!!!

EPCOT:
-Add Russia, Greece, Ireland and maybe India
-More cutting edge technology in the Pavillions (I like what Seimen's has at the end of Spaceship Earth)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter