how would you deal with this?

The basketball bouncing would make the same noise if it was in the street or in the driveway. Unless there is an ordinance against boun cing a ball in the neighborhood, that is no excuse.

We are the corner house, The front of our house and driveway faces a busy street. The side of our house were the basketball hoop is, is a quieter street.:)

If what I'm picturing in my mind is correct I can see how people on the quieter street might be annoyed by you setting your basketball stand up over there when your property actually fronts the busier street. Does taxi cab guy live on the quieter street?

Quite a few houses around our neighborhood have portable basketball stands, and they're all either in driveways or at the end of driveways. I think it's kind of an unwritten rule that you keep it in front of your own house.

Corner lots can be tricky. We once had a neighbor leave a note on our car complaining that we parked along the side of our house instead of in front of it. That was less than a week after we moved in, and the only reason we were parking on the street to begin with was because we were using the garage for unpacking. That neighbor turned out to be a PITA busybody that no one liked, but it goes to show how nuts some people can be about that kind of thing. BTW, we seldom ever parked on the street when we lived there, but when we did, we made sure it was along the side of our house and as close to that neighbors property line as possible. Contrary to what she said in the note she left us, there was no HOA restriction about parking on the street, so we could have parked smack dab in front of her house if we had wanted to. We're just a bit snarky though, not downright mean. ;)

Love the drum and trumpet practicing on the property suggestion, that is if you can't get the guys cell number to text him since talking to people seems to be a lost skill these days.

Does he have a right to park there?

Our HOA rules don't allow for parking on the street for days at a time (we all have garages and driveways though). Also, as others have pointed out, given that it is a commercial vehicle, it really may not be allowed to park there for days at a time. However, I don't believe our HOA allows basketball hoops in the front yard either (if they do allow it, you have to have permission), so there you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter