How ridiculous this Elmo craze has gotten!!

MrsPete said:
Sorry, I can't agree. If I could afford to spend $2000+ on Christmas charities, I'd buy a truckload of reasonably priced toys so that LOTS and LOTS of children could receive something nice instead of giving one toy to one kid.

I wasnt saying it was the best thing to do.. only that it would be great IF the winning bidder did this..

well I disagree that it isn't worth the $40 going by our house. My 3 year old has had his out of the box for a couple of weeks now and Elmo is still getting tickled an awful lot.

His teen brothers love it too.

In fact, come to think of it, I think I've wasted way too much time myself watching Elmo kick around on the floor screaming Again! Again! like this: :rotfl2:

HayGan said:
Santa doesn't believe in paying more than MSRP in our house for anything. If he runs out of stock before he makes it to our house then they get an IOU form Santa that he will get it for them when he can.

I always kind of wondered why more families didn't seem to do IOU's. I mean - okay, pay 4x or more the amount before Christmas, or retail after Christmas. I'd think a photos of the item saying "it'll be here soon" or something like that - it certainly would be cheaper (and fewer people would then be trying to sell them for large amounts on Ebay).

nbodyhome said:
I always kind of wondered why more families didn't seem to do IOU's. I mean - okay, pay 4x or more the amount before Christmas, or retail after Christmas. I'd think a photos of the item saying "it'll be here soon" or something like that - it certainly would be cheaper (and fewer people would then be trying to sell them for large amounts on Ebay).

That's kind of what my parents did with me. I was 8 at the height of the Cabage Patch doll craze, and I wanted one! My parents had seen the reports on the news of riots at the stores and were prepared to tell me I couldn't have one when my father remembered that his nephew worked at Toys R Us in Milewaukee (we lived outside Chicago). My parents told me Christmas morning that I'd be getting my doll the next day. So, the day after Christmas, we took a family trip to Milewaukee to see my cousin at work. He had held back a doll for me, and my parents didn't have to fight in the aisles or buy one for hundreds of dollars (not that they would have done either!) for one from someone selling them in a K-Mart parking lot!

Just remember, it is the buyers stting the price not the sellers!

*hiding behind a wall because I am one of those awful ebay sellers*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter