How Much Was It?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!!!UPDATE 5/12/14 PG 30

Who knew about the feral cats...not me!! Learn something new everyday! Love the pic of Dale and Caitlin...too cute! That bar sounds like a blast!

I had thought it was just an urban legend but it was true. I like that pic too :)

What an amazing way to spend the end of your arrival day...and all from the comfort of your room:goodvibes

Yes it was perfect!

What a fun day! It sounds so cool for everything to be so close together. I'm glad Caitlin decided to stay up and take pictures from your window. They are awesome. I love theme parks all lit up.

What a fun day! It sounds so cool for everything to be so close together. I'm glad Caitlin decided to stay up and take pictures from your window. They are awesome. I love theme parks all lit up.

It was a really great arrival day! Thank you :)

I am just getting more and more enchanted with DL! And that view never gets old!!!

We absolutely fell in love with DL! I think it gets a bad rap from people who try too hard to compare it to WDW rather than just seeing it for what it is. No it didn't :)

So you all know we chose this room based on the theme park view...

It did not disappoint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was outside our window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pixiedust: :furious: (mind being blown again)

We could even see DL!!!!!!!!!!

[/

What a wonderful view!!! We never stay on site because I have relatives just 20 minutes away, but seeing views like this makes me rethink that strategy :goodvibes

What a wonderful view!!! We never stay on site because I have relatives just 20 minutes away, but seeing views like this makes me rethink that strategy :goodvibes

We enjoyed staying on site not only for the view but the hotels offer special events for people staying there! We enjoyed a couple of these during our stay!

When we last left off we were fast asleep dreaming of what laid ahead of us the next day!

I woke up bright and early so I could head here

I was the only person there! It's a smaller gym than I am used to when compared to WDW hotels. The pictures on the far side had the characters integrated into them which I thought was a pretty cool addition!

After working out I headed back to the hotel room and we all got ready and headed down to breakfast then started our walk to the park.

You pass through the Grand Californian in order to take the quickest route to the parks. They have a secret entrance to Downtown Disney which is the quicker way to DL and they have their own entrance to DCA.

Such a beautiful hotel!

Hey Mickey!

Finally, in reality it wasn't a long walk, we got the front gates!

Hey DCA see you in a couple of days!

While waiting in line we had a family of four ahead of us. Mom, Dad, a young boy probably 2-3 and his older sister 7-8 dressed as Rapunzel. The boy was getting tired of waiting and started climbing on the fencing then got yelled at to sit in his stroller. To entertain him his dad said "How about we have some fun and you choose your character?" The daughter said "I want to too" The dad turned to her and said "You are dressed as Rapunzel you're already having fun!!!!!!"

We all cracked up at that and it was a strong contender for our TR title!

Once the gates opened they took our picture so it could be tagged on to our ticket and filed us through. They don't have an opening show here so it was just people counting down.

For some reason we didn't spend a ton of time on Main Street this trip :confused3 So people who say there is nothing to do need to talk to us about just how much we missed and plan to see next time!

I loved this set up!

There it is

And let me tell you every bit as magical as Cinderella's!!!!!

We were headed to wait over here

For a certain archeologist's ride!

Spoiler alert we never saw the original.

After the rope was dropped we tried to walk as quickly as possible to here

The idea of the ride is that the Temple of the Forbidden Eye has been opened up to tourist's and you are one of the lucky people who get to go!

Actual prop from one of the movies

I seriously loved all of the theming in this line! Disney knows what it's talking about!

Why'd it have to be snakes?!

I am apologizing now for my abundant ride pictures! Before going on this trip I hadn't seen many if any at all so I made sure I took as many as possible!

You can't look in to the eye on your adventure or bad things will happen!

You have your choice from the fountain of youth, being able to tell the future or riches. What would you choose?

How cool is this Q?!?!

You can actually hear bats flying around this area!

What happens if you don't watch your step?

Only a bonehead would do that :thumbsup2

I think he got the point in the end!

Oh really Indie?

Okay I will stay away from them!

AAAAAHHHH I miss this Q!!

If anyone is familiar with this at DHS the same effect happens!

The tablets from the different rooms

You might remember this guy!

On the opposite side there is an old movie projector set up to look like it's playing the safety reel.

I'm in love with this picture!

Our ride vehicles await us!

This ride is a lot like Dinosaur as to how jerky it is! You begin your journey in the temple but someone looks into the eye of the statue

As you can see that's not good! Your ride vehicle then goes throughout a cavern and comes face to face with fire, spiders, arrows, and snakes!

but at the end you are saved by the one and only!

This quickly became my favorite DL ride!

Mom and Dad needed a bio break so I roamed around taking pictures.

Tarzan's treehouse

At DL they have four different water rides. The riverboat, the Columbia, canoes and the Tom Sawyer boat although their island is themed to pirates!

Our next stop was here!

I was very excited about this ride because I had heard so many great things! The only downside was it was in the French Quarter.. Disney knows their stuff and it looks exactly the same and made me a bit misty eyed...

They have famous pirates painted on the walls of the Q.

Time to climb aboard!

First you're taken through the Louisiana Bayou

This is the Blue Bayou restaurant where you can eat and watch the ride!

No mermaids here

A bit of these are blurry and I apologize but I hope you can sort of see them!

Their skeleton area is very stretched out here

One of our old favorites!

Everyone together now! WE WANTS THE REDHEAD!

The drunken pig guy

Captain Jack! You see him as your climbing a hill to get to the last part of the ride.

Overall we loved it! I tried to take picture of things that were different and except for a couple scenes that didn't photograph well the first time through there isn't much. It is longer though and we did like this one better!

It was time to head to our next ride!

This area had been in a ton of pictures so I was very excited to see it in person!

Our next ride was behind this gate!

This was our next destination!

As everyone knows I am a huge HM fan! I was very excited to see how this stacked up to the WDW version!

One of the main differences is you can tell this stretching room is actually an elevator!

Look how high up the pictures are! They seem much closer at WDW!

Overall the ride wasn't that different. The line is a bit cooler and I have pictures of that on a different day but it was the same ride I know and love minus the awesome hitchhiking ghost sequence at the end. DL only has the images in your car not the hi-tech computerized ones.

More pictures of the FQ

Our next stop was another oldie but a goodie!

This we actually had a bit of a wait for!

The ride is basically the same as WDW with a couple of twists

Say cheese!!

That twist would be piranhas! They live in the Amazon! (said in Darla from Finding Nemo voice) They made mom jump when they started jumping out of the water!

and you see mine and dad's new bff!! Trader Sam!

It was getting close to brunch time so we started heading that way

Unfortunately the Matterhorn was closed this trip so we definitely have to go back and ride it!

Mom and dad headed to the restaurant while I went and got Space Mountain fast passes.

and I met them here

I will let Mom fill you in on that next time![/

Hi guys! :wave2: I'm back from 10 wonderful days at WDW and am now caught up! DL looks amazing! My friend who used to live in AZ and was a DL AP was telling me all about it! Had to get back on and do more Disney reading as I'm going through withdrawal! (Last week at this time, we were taking the "sad bus" back to MCO). But...my mom has agreed to head back to WDW with me in January :woohoo:, so it's time to do some planning AGAIN!!!

I'm sure this pic was meant to be of the liquor, however, I love how they have Carl and Ellie's collection jar for Paradise Falls on the shelf! So cute, and what a great addition!

Hi guys! :wave2: I'm back from 10 wonderful days at WDW and am now caught up! DL looks amazing! My friend who used to live in AZ and was a DL AP was telling me all about it! Had to get back on and do more Disney reading as I'm going through withdrawal! (Last week at this time, we were taking the "sad bus" back to MCO). But...my mom has agreed to head back to WDW with me in January :woohoo:, so it's time to do some planning AGAIN!!!

I'm sure this pic was meant to be of the liquor, however, I love how they have Carl and Ellie's collection jar for Paradise Falls on the shelf! So cute, and what a great addition!

I hope you had a great trip!

We loved it!

Very exciting!!!!

That picture was actually meant for the jar lol

Hi Caitlin! Great update! Don't apologize for too many pictures - you can never take too many on vacation. I love seeing all these DL pictures-it makes me want to go even more. My family are huge Raiders fans so we would really love to see that one - it looks great! I like the way their Pirates ride starts in the bayou; it looks so pretty. The French quarter looks beautiful. SO sorry the Matterhorn wasn't running while you were there; it would have been so interesting to hear about it. We get on a plane this afternoon for Florida. We are spending a few days in Palm Beach with my father in law and then heading to Disney on Wednesday. This will be our first MNSSHP and F&W so I am really excited!

Hi Caitlin! Great update! Don't apologize for too many pictures - you can never take too many on vacation. I love seeing all these DL pictures-it makes me want to go even more. My family are huge Raiders fans so we would really love to see that one - it looks great! I like the way their Pirates ride starts in the bayou; it looks so pretty. The French quarter looks beautiful. SO sorry the Matterhorn wasn't running while you were there; it would have been so interesting to hear about it. We get on a plane this afternoon for Florida. We are spending a few days in Palm Beach with my father in law and then heading to Disney on Wednesday. This will be our first MNSSHP and F&W so I am really excited!

Thank you!

I am glad you enjoy all the pics!

It's such an amazing ride!

Everything we found there seemed a lot better than at WDW :thumbsup2

We will see it when we go back!

Hope you have an amazing time! Let us know when you post your TR!

I am in.....just caught up. :thumbsup2

I am now going to get a glass of vino and tuck into your linked DW TR.......

I look forward to more.....tales AND wonderful photos!!!!!

When we last left off we were fast asleep dreaming of what laid ahead of us the next day!

Well.... Some of you were fast asleep.
Some (and we won't mention any names... ok, it's Caitlin) were glued to the window most of the night.

I was the only person there!

There's a reason! It's called vacation!

Such a beautiful hotel!

It looks absolutely amazing!

Hey DCA see you in a couple of days!

That must've been a bit weird. Did it kinda feel like you were turning your back on it?

The dad turned to her and said "You are dressed as Rapunzel you're already having fun!!!!!!"

:lmao:

And let me tell you every bit as magical as Cinderella's!!!!!

Looks smaller. Is it?

We were headed to wait over here

For a certain archeologist's ride!

I was looking at that, thinking: "The Tiki room is an archeologist's ride??"

Actual prop from one of the movies

I see they fixed the front grill. Here's some pics I scraped from Google

rotladesertchase.jpg

Why'd it have to be snakes?!

Mongoose shortage?

I am apologizing now for my abundant ride pictures! Before going on this trip I hadn't seen many if any at all so I made sure I took as many as possible!

Don't apologize! These are great!
I haven't seen most of these, keep 'em coming.

You can't look in to the eye on your adventure or bad things will happen!

sometimes bad things happen to good people.

I read that, somewhere.

so.

yeah.

You have your choice from the fountain of youth, being able to tell the future or riches. What would you choose?

Youth.

If I'm young again, I should be able to take what I know now and get rich...

Or really tick people off with my superior know-it-all attitude and get tossed out on my ear.

But I'll be young, so it won't hurt as much.

So it's all good.

How cool is this Q?!?!

Very. :thumbsup2

What happens if you don't watch your step?

You wind up picking doggy doo doo out of your shoes.

Only a bonehead would do that :thumbsup2

ba dum dum

I think he got the point in the end!

and the cymbal crash after the ba dum dum

This ride is a lot like Dinosaur as to how jerky it is! You begin your journey in the temple but someone looks into the eye of the statue

There's always someone who doesn't listen and ruins it for everyone!

As you can see that's not good! Your ride vehicle then goes throughout a cavern and comes face to face with fire, spiders, arrows, and snakes!

"And that ain't what it takes to love me..."

Oh, ask your mom... No wait, she's too young, too.... Ask your Dad.

:rolleyes1:

At DL they have four different water rides. The riverboat, the Columbia, canoes and the Tom Sawyer boat although their island is themed to pirates!

The Columbia?

This is the Blue Bayou restaurant where you can eat and watch the ride!

That would be pretty cool.

Everyone together now! WE WANTS THE REDHEAD!

We wants the redhead!

Actually, she kinda looks like you, Caitlin.

As everyone knows I am a huge HM fan! I was very excited to see how this stacked up to the WDW version!

Well of course you are.
Know what ride is better then HM?

Nothing!

:cool1:

One of the main differences is you can tell this stretching room is actually an elevator!

How? From the pictures being higher? Or you could feel yourself moving?

The line is a bit cooler

That really surprised me. I wouldn't've thought that with the upgrade to the line at WDW/MK.

That twist would be piranhas! They live in the Amazon! (said in Darla from Finding Nemo voice) They made mom jump when they started jumping out of the water!

:rotfl:

Unfortunately the Matterhorn was closed this trip so we definitely have to go back and ride it!

Too bad. But it gives you a good excuse to go back.

Since my man card has been irrevocably lost, I'll say it.
Nice nails! :)

I'm really never getting that sucker back.

I will let Mom fill you in on that next time![/

Amazing pics! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

I love these pictures. Very nice!

I agree that the FQ looks so cool. I have seen other pictures and it really is a lovely area.

The Indian Jones ride looks very cool. Cooler than sitting in a theatre and watching a show.

Love the beginning of the POC ride. Very cool that there is a restaurant right there that over looks the ride. That is a neat touch.

The piranhas in JC - nice touch! I guess they would be scary if you didn't expect them. :scared1:

I think the HM building looks very cool. So different from the building at WDW. Interesting to hear how all the rides compare.

I am in.....just caught up. :thumbsup2

I am now going to get a glass of vino and tuck into your linked DW TR.......

I look forward to more.....tales AND wonderful photos!!!!!

Thank you for joining us!

Thank you!

Well.... Some of you were fast asleep.
Some (and we won't mention any names... ok, it's Caitlin) were glued to the window most of the night.

:rotfl: What mom didn't mention is I had been asleep then woke up to World of Color and dad and I stayed up through that and Dreams which we could also see from our room!

There's a reason! It's called vacation!

Vacation is no time to be lazy!

It looks absolutely amazing!

It was!

That must've been a bit weird. Did it kinda feel like you were turning your back on it?

Sort of but they had, had Morning Magic Hours so it would have been kind of packed by the time we got there. I also knew I would be seeing it the next morning!

Looks smaller. Is it?

It is height wise I think like width wise it is bigger. It also has a walk through though which is awesome!

I was looking at that, thinking: "The Tiki room is an archeologist's ride??"

I see they fixed the front grill. Here's some pics I scraped from Google

rotladesertchase.jpg

Very cool!

Mongoose shortage?

:goodvibes

Don't apologize! These are great!
I haven't seen most of these, keep 'em coming.

That's what I thought while taking them. I had to google search a lot in order to find pictures of things.

sometimes bad things happen to good people.

I read that, somewhere.

so.

yeah.

Youth.

If I'm young again, I should be able to take what I know now and get rich...

Or really tick people off with my superior know-it-all attitude and get tossed out on my ear.

But I'll be young, so it won't hurt as much.

So it's all good.

:lmao: I would have chosen being able to see the future!

Very. :thumbsup2

You wind up picking doggy doo doo out of your shoes.

ba dum dum

and the cymbal crash after the ba dum dum

Thank you thank you!

There's always someone who doesn't listen and ruins it for everyone!

Of course there is!

"And that ain't what it takes to love me..."

Oh, ask your mom... No wait, she's too young, too.... Ask your Dad.

:rolleyes1:

:lmao::lmao:

The Columbia?

It's a really cool looking ship. I don't know if I have any pics of it out but they also use it for Fantasmic!

That would be pretty cool.

We wants the redhead!

Actually, she kinda looks like you, Caitlin.

You know you're a DISer when you take that as a very high compliment. Thank you Pkondz!

Well of course you are.
Know what ride is better then HM?

Nothing!

:cool1:

Exactly!

How? From the pictures being higher? Or you could feel yourself moving?

The pictures are much higher and also look like they are made out of different material than the ones in WDW.

That really surprised me. I wouldn't've thought that with the upgrade to the line at WDW/MK.

That line is cool but this one is meant to be like the start of the ride at Disney with the photographs that change, the marble head busts and tons of candles everywhere.

Too bad. But it gives you a good excuse to go back.

It does!

Since my man card has been irrevocably lost, I'll say it.
Nice nails! :)

I'm really never getting that sucker back.

:lmao: Thank you!

Amazing pics! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading!

I love these pictures. Very nice!

I agree that the FQ looks so cool. I have seen other pictures and it really is a lovely area.

The Indian Jones ride looks very cool. Cooler than sitting in a theatre and watching a show.

Love the beginning of the POC ride. Very cool that there is a restaurant right there that over looks the ride. That is a neat touch.

The piranhas in JC - nice touch! I guess they would be scary if you didn't expect them. :scared1:

I think the HM building looks very cool. So different from the building at WDW. Interesting to hear how all the rides compare.

Thank you!

It is such a pretty area!

It is the best ride there! I have no idea who decided DHS should just get a show!

It is such a pretty restaurant if they had, had food that appealed to us we would have eaten there!

They aren't always on so it was a surprise!

I love the HM building in DL!

I was hoping you all would find the comparisons interesting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter