How Much Was It?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!!!UPDATE 5/12/14 PG 30

I am finally getting to begin this TR! WOW!! That view is amazing!!! Well, I saw it on Facebook but I guess it just didn't click until I was reading here...WOW!!! RFC looks really cool! And I can't imagine everything being so close together...after WDW and having to plan time just to commute!

Hi All! Time to finish off our Disneyland arrival day!

When Caitlin left off we had spent some time at the pool (on the roof! It felt so very "LA" ) and needed to go back to the room to freshen up and then head to get some dinner.We had booked "Club" (or concierge) Level so we'd be grabbing a light dinner in the Club Lounge.

** At Disney Resorts "Club Level" means you get extra attention from the Concierges when it comes to planning your vacation and while at the resort and it includes admission to the "Club Lounge". The lounge serves continental breakfast, mid day snacks, appetizers at dinnertime and then evening desserts. Beverages are available throughout the day. In WDW they even have "adult beverages" throughout the day but at DL they are only available during Happy Hour. (apparently Anaheim laws are different than Orlando) Our family doesn't eat 3 big meals a day so for us Club Level works very well and since I was able to upgrade to it for about $200 it was a money saver too!

We got to the Lounge and the food was ready and waiting! What did we have to chose from?

There were also meatballs out but they were camera shy. For beverages there was beer and wine, soft drinks, bottled water and coffee.

We ate our fill and then headed out for some fun.

On the way Caitlin was of course snapping pics

Art work on the walls

Light fixture

When we got outside we saw our first DL feral cat

For those of you not familiar with the DL cats, the story is that soon after the park opened they began to have a mice problem. To combat the mice they brought in some cats. Flash forward to the present and there are a lot of feral cats roaming throughout DL. For some reason Caitlin found this fascinating and had to photograph every cat we saw.

The next sight we passed on our walk was the Disneyland Hotel's gazebo

Then we passed this beautiful seating area

Finally we spotted our destination-TRADER SAM'S ENCHANTED TIKI BAR!!

Trader Sam's is a bar like no other! It is inspired by both the Tiki Room and
Trader Sam of the Jungle Cruise and the place is decorated with mementos of his travels and the corny jokes are plentiful. The entire wait and bar staff in this little place are all in character and we have never been to such a fun bar! Honestly this place is a must do for adults visiting DL and Dale now tells anyone thinking of DL that they have to go here :rotfl2:

What does this place look like you ask? Well we just happen to have some pictures to share ;)

(see the tiki? Its eyes moved all night)

And if you're hungry, they have food too

Caitlin had done a lot of DL research so she knew that if you ordered certain drinks you would experience the "enchantment" the bar had to offer. She and Dale decided to split the "UhOha"

When the waiter brought this drink it was on fire and he was chanting and he made it rain and it was pretty awesome! (unbeknownst to me Caitlin posted video of this on Facebook and I was laughing so hard I looked 3 sheets to the wind and all I had was a Coke :rotfl2:) The pictures on the walls also get into the act and the volcano erupts!!

Here they are imbibing

As you can tell, Trader Sam's was a blast and we all give it big thumbs up :thumbsup2 If you are ever in DL you must visit. Kids are welcome until 8 and after that it's 21 and over only.

**continued next post

When we left Sam's we took a tour around the DL Hotel.

Their pool is so cute with it's monorail

Some topiaries

In the lobby they have tea cup chairs! So cute

The hotel gift shop

When we walked back outside we passed Goofy's Kitchen

and the hotel's counter service location

Then we walked the short walk back to our hotel. When we got back it was only about 8pm but since it was 11pm in our time zone we were pretty wiped out!

When we got to the room we found some major pixie dust!

First we spotted that treats had been left!

Then we noticed our bed had been decorated

In case you don't recall I had mentioned to the clerk at the front desk that our trip was our 25th wedding anniversary gift to each other so they decided to make it extra special!

On both beds we found chocolates which would be left every night of our stay

We ended up with so many of them I took them home to our Sunday School class and they loved them!

By 8:30 I was ready for some sleep and I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow. Caitlin however couldn't tear herself away from the window

As she was gazing out the window, "World of Color" began. She called Dale and I to get up and watch. Dale got up, while I mumbled something about I'd "see it some other time". So here are some pics of the back side of WOC.

When the show ended they were both beat and soon we were all asleep. Afterall, we needed our rest because in the morning we'd be headed to the park!

Thanks for reading!

OMG!!! I am speechless with the view from your room. I love the look of Cars Land - cant wait to read about that!
The teacup seats are too cute!!!!
Trader Sams looks like a lot of fun. I read that they are planning one for Poly.
I love that they have the Tangaroa Terrace- they used to have a restaurant by that name at the Poly and we ate at it on our honeymoon.
Happy 25th Anniversary to you and Dale!!!!!:thumbsup2

OMG!!! I am speechless with the view from your room. I love the look of Cars Land - cant wait to read about that!
The teacup seats are too cute!!!!
Trader Sams looks like a lot of fun. I read that they are planning one for Poly.
I love that they have the Tangaroa Terrace- they used to have a restaurant by that name at the Poly and we ate at it on our honeymoon.
Happy 25th Anniversary to you and Dale!!!!!:thumbsup2

Cars Land is amazing! I can't wait to tell you all about that!
That would be awesome if the Poly gets a Trader Sam's! I may never get Dale to the parks though :rotfl2:

Thank you. Our anniversary isn't actually until Dec but due to his job we can never take a vacation at that time so we always celebrate early.

What a fun surprise to come back to your room and see the flowers and Mickey Rice Crispy treats for your anniversary!

You know - normally I don't live or die for a room view, but that view really was worth it. Just amazing. How cool to see world of color from the room. That's pretty special.

The bar (I already forget its name) looks like a lot of fun. Cute picture of Dale & Caitlin. And cute picture of you hanging out in the teacup.

Nice offerings in the CL and how nice that they decorated the bed. Very cute.

When Caitlin left off we had spent some time at the pool (on the roof! It felt so very "LA" )

I've always found pools on a roof to be the height of decadence.
I mean, the engineering that must go into something like that.
Pools are heavy!

At Disney Resorts "Club Level" means you get extra attention from the Concierges when it comes to planning your vacation and while at the resort and it includes admission to the "Club Lounge". The lounge serves continental breakfast, mid day snacks, appetizers at dinnertime and then evening desserts. Beverages are available throughout the day. In WDW they even have "adult beverages" throughout the day but at DL they are only available during Happy Hour.

Pretty sweet deal!

(apparently Anaheim laws are different than Orlando)

Lawlessness in Orlando

lawlessness?

It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and now I'm thinking of the WKRP turkey episode.

lawlessness.... Les Nessman...

see?

It was either that or Lucy Lawless.... but we don't have a Xena holiday.

We so should.

Where were we? Oh! Disneyland... Club Level... right.

There were also meatballs out but they were camera shy.

I so want to photoshop some meatballs, cowering in fear.
But I'm at work.

Just use your imagination...

On the way Caitlin was of course snapping pics

That's something new, for her, isn't it?

:rolleyes1:

For those of you not familiar with the DL cats, the story is that soon after the park opened they began to have a mice problem. To combat the mice they brought in some cats. Flash forward to the present and there are a lot of feral cats roaming throughout DL. For some reason Caitlin found this fascinating and had to photograph every cat we saw.

Actually, I find it fascinating too. I didn't know they were still around.
I'd heard about it, but just assumed it was something that happened (and ended) in the 60s or 70s.

Trader Sam's is a bar like no other! It is inspired by both the Tiki Room and
Trader Sam of the Jungle Cruise and the place is decorated with mementos of his travels and the corny jokes are plentiful. The entire wait and bar staff in this little place are all in character and we have never been to such a fun bar! Honestly this place is a must do for adults visiting DL and Dale now tells anyone thinking of DL that they have to go here :rotfl2:

Sounds like a blast!

What does this place look like you ask? Well we just happen to have some pictures to share ;)

You do?
I never expected that...

ahem...

Caitlin had done a lot of DL research so she knew that if you ordered certain drinks you would experience the "enchantment" the bar had to offer. She and Dale decided to split the "UhOha"

When the waiter brought this drink it was on fire and he was chanting and he made it rain and it was pretty awesome! (unbeknownst to me Caitlin posted video of this on Facebook and I was laughing so hard I looked 3 sheets to the wind and all I had was a Coke :rotfl2:) The pictures on the walls also get into the act and the volcano erupts!!

Cool!
Can you explain the "made it rain" part?

Their pool is so cute with it's monorail

Is the monorail the slide?

Absolutely.
I couldn't agree more.

Oh, and the table and chairs are cute, too.

When we got to the room we found some major pixie dust!

That's really great.
Only at Disney...

We ended up with so many of them I took them home to our Sunday School class and they loved them!

:thumbsup2

By 8:30 I was ready for some sleep and I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Aw, poor Dawn.
All tuckerd out.

Caitlin however couldn't tear herself away from the window

Well, after seeing those pics, I can't blame her!

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

You know - normally I don't live or die for a room view, but that view really was worth it. Just amazing. How cool to see world of color from the room. That's pretty special.

I'm usually the same way. At WDW I figure if we get a free upgrade to a view, awesome, but I don't see the point of spending the extra. For DL we had seen pics of the view and since we weren't sure if we'd ever be back we paid the extra and were so glad we did!

The bar (I already forget its name) looks like a lot of fun. Cute picture of Dale & Caitlin. And cute picture of you hanging out in the teacup.

Nice offerings in the CL and how nice that they decorated the bed. Very cute.

Thank you. It was a really fun night and the perfect5 ending to a wonderful day.

I've always found pools on a roof to be the height of decadence.
I mean, the engineering that must go into something like that.
Pools are heavy!
Good point!

Pretty sweet deal!

Lawlessness in Orlando

lawlessness?

It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and now I'm thinking of the WKRP turkey episode.

lawlessness.... Les Nessman...

Classic episode! "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!"

see?

It was either that or Lucy Lawless.... but we don't have a Xena holiday.

We so should.

Hmm I don't know about that one :rotfl:
Where were we? Oh! Disneyland... Club Level... right.

I so want to photoshop some meatballs, cowering in fear.
But I'm at work.

Just use your imagination...

:rotfl2:

That's something new, for her, isn't it?

:rolleyes1:

Actually, I find it fascinating too. I didn't know they were still around.
I'd heard about it, but just assumed it was something that happened (and ended) in the 60s or 70s.
Nope they are still there. We saw them in the parks too.

Sounds like a blast!
It was!

You do?
I never expected that...

ahem...

Do I detect some sarcasm?

Cool!
Can you explain the "made it rain" part?

Ok so I was so into the moment I thought it was raining from the ceiling. Apparently the bartender had a squirt gun :rolleyes:

Is the monorail the slide?
Yep!

Absolutely.
I couldn't agree more.

Oh, and the table and chairs are cute, too.

Aww thank you :)

That's really great.
Only at Disney...

:thumbsup2

Aw, poor Dawn.
All tuckerd out.

Well, after seeing those pics, I can't blame her!

Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

Yes I was but that was about the only time the time difference really bothered me.

Thanks for reading!

Who knew about the feral cats...not me!! Learn something new everyday! Love the pic of Dale and Caitlin...too cute! That bar sounds like a blast!

What an amazing way to spend the end of your arrival day...and all from the comfort of your room:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter