How much money to budget for souveniers?

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
We will be staying on site, without renting a car. Do not think we will make it out of Disney grounds during our trip. Curious as to how much people budget for souveniers bought at Disney.

We are budgeting $100-$125 per person. Ive been giving my husband Disney dollars for Fathers Day, Easter, Valentines Day and his birthday. Son has gotten Disney dollars from tooth fairy, for valentines day, Easter bunny hid money in his eggs, report cards, birthdays. So I figured if they each have money to spend I need the same amount.

In 1998, my mother, myself and my two teenage daughters took a 14 night vacation to Disney. We had a beautiful room at the CBR. The girls had been to Disney twice before but this was the first time for my mother and myself. I knew nothing about Disney except what the girls and my friends told me. (Of course I am hooked on Disney now! I can't get enough! It only took one hug from Mickey!) Sadly, we did not have any money in our budget for souveniers. :(

But - we found the food court! We ate breakfasts consisting of cereal, juice and bagels, in our room, and we ate most dinners at the food court. We had so much money left over from our food budget that we all came home with some lovely souveniers. :D

You can budget very little for souveniers and come home with some great souveniers or you can make the sky the limit! Our next trip is in 2003 and we are now saving all of our change for souveniers. What ever we have will be our budget. I imagine that we won't spend half of it on souveniers. Being in Disney with Mickey and the magic is all we need! Well, maybe a Tee shirt too!

[This message was edited by Saffron on 04-22-01 at 09:42 AM.]

We budget 400 for a family of 4 for 7 days . seems to work for us ...

ALLSTAR SPORTS 4/96
DIXIE LANDINGS 5/2000
PORT ORLEANS RIVER SIDE 4/2001

We are planning on giving each of our DS's $10/day to spend on anything they want. There is also an additional $350 for Mommy to spend. We only get to Disney about every 4 years, so we go all out.

supermom.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter