How much is your 2013 WDW vacation going to cost you?

Well, I did it! I booked our May, 2013 vacation the morning the rates came out. Even though I already had a figure in my mind of what the vacation was going to cost and I was only $50 off, I still had a bit of sticker shock.

Our travel info:

Dates of travel: May 22nd to June 1st
Resort: Caribbean Beach Resort (moderate)
Room type: Standard
Our group: 3 adults (1 is a 15 year old)
Tickets: 7 day base tickets
Dining plan: Disney dining plan (1 ts, 1 cs, 1 snack per day plus a mug)
Trip insurance: No
Special Offers: None (keeping fingers crossed for one)

Price: $4,771.74

**Edited to add: We drive so we'll have gasoline, fast food on the road and then one overnight hotel stay.

Yikes!

Post your travel info here so we can compare

March 16-23 2013
Driving from Long Island NY overnight, non-stop.
DVC SSR1BV (looking to switch to the BWR/YC1BV as soon as we are allowed to)
Myself, DH, DD2, DD1
4 day park passes
No DP. Groceries from Walmart for at least 1 meal a day and snacks to bring with us.
Extra expenses: Stroller rental, crib rental, Yankee Spring Training tickets, pins, crocs, ornaments, etc.

$3500

Too much!!! But total worth it for the once in a lifetime adoption celebration trip for my 5 youngest as it will be their first trip!

10 people (2 adults/8 kids but 5 Disney adults/5 disney kids)
6/18-6/27/13
6/18-6/23 POR SV 2 rooms---6/23-6/27 BC GV 2 rooms $5100 (w/AAA discount)
9-9 day base tickets + 1 annual pass $3500
TIW card $75
meals + tips $3800 (budgeted)
airfare $4500 (budgeted)
extras (fireworks cruise, photo pass, spending $) $1200
Total: $17175

My goal was to stay under $15000--hoping for a discount to help me and I tried to "over budget" for food so we can order whatever we like!

Too much!!! But total worth it for the once in a lifetime adoption celebration trip for my 5 youngest as it will be their first trip!

10 people (2 adults/8 kids but 5 Disney adults/5 disney kids)
6/18-6/27/13
6/18-6/23 POR SV 2 rooms---6/23-6/27 BC GV 2 rooms $5100 (w/AAA discount)
9-9 day base tickets + 1 annual pass $3500
TIW card $75
meals + tips $3800 (budgeted)
airfare $4500 (budgeted)
extras (fireworks cruise, photo pass, spending $) $1200
Total: $17175

My goal was to stay under $15000--hoping for a discount to help me and I tried to "over budget" for food so we can order whatever we like!

I think its amazing that you have 8 children. I hope the 10 of you enjoy your vacation! If it helps, for a 12 day vacation my bf are spending about $5000 for the two of us...so you're budget of $17,000 for 10 people looks pretty good in comparison :)

I was a little shocked at my package total also....I was a little more than $50 off!
Feb 8th-16th *8 nights
AofA Finding Nemo Suites
3 Disney adults (12 yo)
3 children
5 day base tickets
QS DP (hoping to get free dining and maybe upgrade)
Trip Insurance
Grand total=5684

We are also driving, so factor in gas, one overnight stay, and food on the road, plus we are planning to visit Universal IOA (son is a MAJOR Harry Potter fan) and possibly Sea World, and spending money (trying to plan for a lot since its our first trip to the World) plus a couple OOP meals at IOA and SW, I am thinking our trip total will be close to or over 10,000. EEK! But totally worth it for my little princesses and pirates' first trip!

Our travel info:

Dates of travel: May 5- May 11
Resort: Beach Club
Room type: Standard
Our group: 2 adults, 3 children
Tickets: 5 day park hopper
Dining plan: Disney dining plan (1 ts, 1 cs, 1 snack per day plus a mug)
Trip insurance: yes
Special Offers: None (keeping fingers crossed for one)

our travel agent got us this for $4750 + $75/adult for insurance. We are thrilled!!

We still need to get flights- which should run us about 1200-1500 for the 5 of us. Waiting for Jet Blue to come out with their tickets- but might use points to fly United instead.

9 nights Dolphin EP view w/AARP October $2850
airfare (approximate) $600
2 adults
car service from airport to Dolphin (no ME) $200
food budget (no DDP - but including F&W) $1000
Park Hoppers 8 days (approximate) $600

total $5250

tick tock.....

Yeah it gone WAY up over the past few years.

8 DAYS POLY
NOVEMBER
GARDEN VIEW
9 day tickets base only.
Deluxe dining.

pixiedust:

August 24th -30th
AoA (Finding Nemo)
4 adults, 2 children (16 & 5 years old)
8 day park hoppers & waterpark tickets
Disney deluxe dining plan
Vacay insurance
Driving approx 16hrs not taking air
:crowded:
Grand Total........8458.92

Hoping for Free Dining Discount or PIN. :):worship:

Well, we are not actually going next year and I am a bit sad, so for grins I priced out a vacation for the three of us (strange to even type that, by next summer ds will be in the USMC so wouldn't be going even if we did go).

June 21-June 30th.

9 nights at POR Standard View, 10 day base park tickets, DDP for three of us (two adults, one teenager).

Total: $4541.49.

Airfare would be at least another $1200.00, plus gratuities and extras on the trip, and dog sitting.

We'd be pushing $7,000. For three people.

Honest to goodness, this was a good little exercise for me. It reiterates why dh and I want to take a year off from traveling to Disney! We literally got home this afternoon from four days in Disneyland which with airfare, hotel, one park hopper (had three free hoppers for the rest of us), and meals cost us just under $4000 for a five night, four day trip. Insane!

While there we did get free dining for our October trip so that helps a lot for this year.

But when I see that figure above (which I somehow thought would be less since there's only three of us going vs. our usual four) I just can't believe how much it costs to go to Disney compared to when we first started going years ago.

Honest to goodness, this was a good little exercise for me. It reiterates why dh and I want to take a year off from traveling to Disney! We literally got home this afternoon from four days in Disneyland which with airfare, hotel, one park hopper (had three free hoppers for the rest of us), and meals cost us just under $4000 for a five night, four day trip. Insane!

While there we did get free dining for our October trip so that helps a lot for this year.

But when I see that figure above (which I somehow thought would be less since there's only three of us going vs. our usual four) I just can't believe how much it costs to go to Disney compared to when we first started going years ago.

If it makes you feel any better, our last trip was in 2010 and we decided to wait until 2013 for our next trip. While we'd LOVE to go every year, it's just not possible. My DH loves staying at a deluxe and getting deluxe dining... well, we can't do that every year! :crazy2: But it's okay, I think it'll make us more excited the closer it gets... I know I'm out of my mind already getting excited to make ADR's THIS YEAR!! pixiedust: (plus, it gave us extra long to be able to save up...so that's a bonus!)

November 9-16 2013 Me DH DS15 DD11 DD11 (at time of trip)

* SEVEN-NIGHT STAY IN A GARDEN-VIEW GUESTROOM AT DISNEY'S BEACH CLUB RESORT
* EIGHT-DAY MAGIC YOUR WAY PARK HOPPER PASS
* DISNEY'S PLUS DINING PLAN (INCLUDES ONE TABLE-SERVICE MEAL, ONE QUICK-SERVICE MEAL, AND ONE SNACK PER REGISTERED GUEST, PER NIGHT STAYED (INCLUDES TAX BUT EXCLUDES GRATUITY), AND ONE RESORT-REFILLABLE MUG PER REGISTERED GUEST)
* ROUNDTRIP TRANSFERS ABOARD DISNEY'S MAGICAL EXPRESS
* APPLICABLE TAXES

$6542.59

No flights yet- figure about $1600.00

I think its amazing that you have 8 children. I hope the 10 of you enjoy your vacation! If it helps, for a 12 day vacation my bf are spending about $5000 for the two of us...so you're budget of $17,000 for 10 people looks pretty good in comparison :)

Thanks! If airfare stays steady we might make my original budget! But honestly we took 6 people in 2009 for free dining and stayed at ASMu family suite and paid $167 per person per night (and that was with free dining). Even at the top of our budget this year we will be paying $188 per person per night and if we get back down to $15000, it will be $167 per person per night without the free dining and splitting a moderate and deluxe stay instead of a value. So I'm happy either way. And we don't go every year--this is only our second trip and its for a special occasion. We've been saving for a while and can't wait!

11/22-11/27
Beach Club
3908 (room and dining) but that doesn't include the military discount (40% of room only) and also includes a one day ticket we will be buying them from the base 137 4 day park hopper x5
not sure about flights yet
the military rates arn't out yet but the deposit has been paid, it can and will be applied later

Oct 15-20
Wilderness Lodge - 5nts
4 day park tickets
DDP - 4 adults (2 are "Disney adults"), 2 kiddos under age 9
No insurance

$6963 (probably another $2000 for airfare and $400-ish for MNSSHP)

After what we just paid for our Dec WDW trip, that is a bargain!

Now that it's on the books....
Dates: 4/20/13 - 4/28/13 - 8 nights/9 days
Resort: Polynesian Club Level - $3537.73
Airfare: - will fly Southwest, project about $1200

We bought APs for last trip, so ticket cost counted on last trip.

Total: $4737.73 + we'll being about $1000 - $1500 for food and spending $

We recently booked our trip for 2013...here are the details with the prices!

"Magic Your Way Package" - $2,383
January 24-31, 2013 (7 Nights/8 Days)|2 Adults
Coronado Springs Resort | Water View - King | Magical Express
No Trip-Insurance
8- Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper
(Hoping to have Free Dining added/announced for January 2013)

Airfare (Estimated) ~ $500-600
January 24, 2013 (Departure) | January 31, 2013 (Return) | 2 Adults
Los Angeles (LAX) >>>> Orlando, FL (MCO)
Possible Airlines: Virgin America, United, Southwest, or Delta

Grand Total(Before OOP Expenses): $2,983

Note: We may move our departure flight up a day to January 23, 2013, and book a non-park day/stay at a value resort for ~$100 more.

We are in the process of booking a trip for either late November/early December 2013 or Jan. 19-25 2014. I have some questions i hope you experts can help with.

We went in 2009 before our second child was born job changes economy and such kept us from going since. From time to time we still get PIN offers from Disney. Can we combine the Pin offers with the discount with AAA.

We will be traveling with a 9 year old and 3 year old at the time of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter