How much higher can Disney go?

The new deluxe evening EMH will help prop up DVC value. Definitely creates more interest. More new contracts sold for people on the fence, more reason to shell out for resale even with recent price increases, and more people looking to rent points to get the perk. Win all around for DVC.

I almost fell off my chair when seeing SSR RoFR'd at $125 lol. Will there be more to come for deluxe category when FP rolls out? I doubted it previously but now much less certain.

The new deluxe evening EMH will help prop up DVC value. Definitely creates more interest. More new contracts sold for people on the fence, more reason to shell out for resale even with recent price increases, and more people looking to rent points to get the perk. Win all around for DVC.

I almost fell off my chair when seeing SSR RoFR'd at $125 lol. Will there be more to come for deluxe category when FP rolls out? I doubted it previously but now much less certain.

From what I can gather, DVC typically will pay up to ~30% below the the current direct pricing, so $126 should be around that they will now take since its now $180 direct. Would not be surprised once the refurb is completely done with SSR that they dont raise the price another $5-$15. The are done with the rooms and are starting work on the updates to common areas over the next few months, so wouldnt be shocked if there was another change in price within next year.

I bought in 2006 at SSR 215 point at 69 a point after all incentives... Bought at BLT when It opened and a few more times since... between $105 and $150. I spoke with a "guide" yesterday about adding at either Riviera or VGF... As a member RR was $181 a point. VGF are over $250.... per point.... The demand will always be there. Disney has a gold mine why not use it.

As far as the little blue card. On my last trip It saved me aproximettly $1000 dollars on food, but we have a large party and meet a lot of family. Either case that blue card is worth it. I usually travel with my children and it saves us 250 - 350 per trip 2 to 3 times per year just on food. I have no idea what it saves us on other things I don't even want to try and track that number...

I have been debating about selling my contract and buying new.
I just signed a listing agreement for our only resale contract - we decided that if someone wants to pay the current market price for it, more power to them, and we will use the proceeds plus some extra cash to switch to direct points. It helps that if we turned around and bought the same # direct then it would qualify us for the blue card, and I really don't want to sit around and wait until they raise it again. Another small raise when VGF goes back on sale wouldn't surprise me in the least, especially with the new news about deluxe getting some extra evening hours at the parks.

We bought 2 resale contracts and I debated adding on direct for a 3rd, but over the past year or so they’ve increased it to 125 and now to 150. As it creeps up I’m less and less likely to buy direct. But it’s probably a good marketing technique for direct sales to dangle that blue card.

Im not going to get into the resale v. Direct… but one thing i can say is closing with disney soup to nuts is a week or less….from first phone call to booking… assuming fedex doesnt lose the package…. to me there is some benefit in not being on hold for 6 to 10 weeks for all the other steps with reslae

Im not going to get into the resale v. Direct… but one thing i can say is closing with disney soup to nuts is a week or less….from first phone call to booking… assuming fedex doesnt lose the package…. to me there is some benefit in not being on hold for 6 to 10 weeks for all the other steps with reslae
I think the only Fed Ex to me was my backpack!

My documents came in FedEx and were sent back FedEx .... however a I an unreality real estate transaction recently stop in Memphis for three days .... just kinda went missing until it showed up on someone desk.... luckily the closing attorney had a sense of humor

Most points-based timeshares have the same basic reservation rights whether you bought directly or from someone else: Wyndham, HGVC, Bluegreen, and WorldMark all work this way. The exceptions are Marriott (you have to pay a fee to re-qualify resales) and DIamond (you have to buy new points to wash "dirty" resale points).
I think there is also a wrinkle with Wyndham resale. We had an Aunt who wished to "gift" us some Wyndham points and, because she had a small fixed week contract, Wyndham wanted an outlandish additional purchase from us of "Developer Points"! It made the GIFT-ing not worth it.

I'm a Wyndham owner, and pretty active in some online discussion groups of other owners--many people routinely transfer deeds for little or no money, with no additional purchase required. I suspect what happened is that a sales agent made it sound like this was a requirement when really it was just an "opportunity."

It used to be higher than 150 and that’s when resort point charts were lower than the newest ones have come out.

Granted prices were less but as long as DVD can make the sales, they will keep going
Yes the point requirement was higher but the cost was significantly less - even considering the rate of inflation.

DVC is a simple lesson in supply and demand.
they have a product that they just keep charging more for each year and people keep paying it.

As an example, disney cant sell Alluni and the price is still stuck in 2010 pricing.

I purchased BLT at about 105 per point, Disney is now reselling points at BLT in the 235 a point range….

Until Disney is sitting on a pile of points they cant unload expect the prices to continue to climb….

When I first bought the minimum direct purchase was 160. I wanted to own but I didn't have $16,000 u.s. (it was a long time ago) to play with so I started with a 60 pt. resale, then added on points direct and resale. However, there was no blue card/white card system at that time. All owners direct or resale received the same benefits and were treated exactly the same way. I think I read that when OKW first opened the minimum buy was 230 pts.

When it comes to minimum point add-one direct, I know it’s different if your new or an existing but does existing also cover if you bought resale first time round?

Now we have both an AKV contract and Vero Beach contract passing ROFR, we are wondering how best to get our tops ups

When it comes to minimum point add-one direct, I know it’s different if your new or an existing but does existing also cover if you bought resale first time round?

Now we have both an AKV contract and Vero Beach contract passing ROFR, we are wondering how best to get our tops ups

The points who have abs how you got them does not matter!

Once you have a member number you qualify for member discounts and add on amounts!

I haven't been following SSR so close, but I just looked and SSR is in the 120s-130s!! I bought in the 90s a year before Covid, that's a crazy jump in just a few years. This is a reflection of the lackluster direct options coming to DVC and probably the general economics. Disney is selling tons of OKW and SSR direct, which shows there is still plenty of demand for SAP and the O14. The O14 has increased in value because it's a good product. I guess eventually the O14 will age out, but not in my lifetime. The only way to change this to me is to put something better than RIV on offer outside the O14.

This is a reflection of the lackluster direct options coming to DVC and probably the general economics.

All the direct prices have jumped as well though.

When you bought was it CCV on sale at that point for $176-$182? You now have Riviera at $201.

So you will see a combo of simple increases and COVID inflation.

Considering the point total for direct blue card benefits has recently been increased to 150, how much higher can Disney logically go?

We bought in just over 2 years ago when the requirement was 75 points, it’s crazy to think it’s doubled in that short time. But with the increase to 150 points, that takes the total over a 1 full week studio stay at nearly every resort with a couple noticeable exceptions in the highest seasons. The price per point can continue to go higher no doubt, but haven’t they reached a point now where any future increases to points required would remove anyone who buys in for a full week in a studio from becoming a full member with the benefits of DVC ownership, further pushing people to just buy resale then anyway.

If Disney isn’t going to give them a blue card, what would be their incentive? Future resort stays? Surely that wouldn’t be enough.

DVC had been around for 20+ years when we bought in in 2019 at 75 points, to then double that in 2 years seems like Disney has over played their hand on that front, or at the very least reached a logical ceiling, no? Again, price per point is a whole other animal that seems to have no limit going forward.

We had recently considered buying more direct to assure when we leave our contracts to our daughters they’d both have blue cards, but at 150 points it was a bridge too far for us knowing we already had a blue card, and had no guarantee the girls would want them or could afford them later. I can only imagine a new person buying in now having a real problem not getting the blue card if they were buying in at the studio level. Or is it that blue card membership benefits have eroded so much that the only difference in the future may just be the new resorts restrictions, essentially removing the whole blue/white issue all together? Disney can just escalate the points charts to match that requirement, so what am I missing?

how much higher???

tenor.gif

With millennials, a very large generation, having families, I certainly understand why DVC is appealing and in higher demand. My brother and I are in this boat and we are both considering purchasing our first contracts for our young families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!