How many suitcases do you bring?

Since you are doing laundry, your prediction is probably fine. When we went for 14 nights, we did 2 bags per person, but we were flying on Southwest and (at least at the time), 2 bags each were no extra charge. We packed Christmas decorations, Santa stuff, breakfast foods, etc. that weren't "necessary," and we had plenty of room for souvenirs coming home.

But I have to go 9 days without doing laundry.. we are going to Victoria and then Seattle for a few days and there is no laundry facilities where we are staying and as for shoes.. I can't change that either.. Im not going to the pool in runners and we need the water shoes for the beach and the water park and I always pack two pairs of "park" shoes just in case one pair starts to cause blisters.. you need to take care of your feet when you are at the parks..

I was more looking for input on all the other stuff.. stuff that is listed on every website if you look up what to pack to WDW.. lists and lists of stuff that I now feel that I should be packing.

I think your count on suitcase seems okay. We are going on a trip for about a month and I'm planning on 3 suitcases, 1 carry on and 1 personal item per person. There will be 4 of us.

I do agree with the other poster the number of shoes seems high. I also think you are right in you have to take care of your feet. I would maybe cut back on the runners(wear them when traveling) skip the tom and vans. Bring the water shoes and flip flops. Maybe bring the toms. For our trip, we will bring maybe 3 pair of shoes per person. And the shoes have to work for multiple outfits. Save space and weight.

For blisters: you can get mole skin, band aids to help protect the skin. In fact once you get a hot spot(the begining of a blister you want to protect the area) you would want to protect the area.

Like others have said, "needs" are different I guess. I wouldn't ever think to bring water shoes to a beach, because that's sandy barefoot time. Flip flops to walk there, and flip flops to walk back. Eye cream, etc come in tiny bottles so a whole suitcase seems too much to plan for. For my family of five, I can't imagine that we will have more than 2 suitcases. Summer clothes don't take up a lot of room and our shoes will be on our feet!

We are a family of 5, including an infant and we have 2 large suitcases that we will check, our older two girls each have a carry-on size suitcase. DH and I have 2 carry-on's between us. We will also have our stroller, a diaper bag, and two backpacks. So.Much.Stuff.

As for shoes....we will wear our sneakers down...and we packed flip-flops and Keens for each of us. Plenty of shoes.

Depends on the number of days we are staying and the number of people going. And size of the suitcases. I really don't know how to answer besides that.

I guess, in general, 3: One smaller one for each teenager and a bigger one for my wife and I to share.

And one carry on (or snacks/electronics bag, if driving).

I am not sure if this has been asked before.. I did a search but really couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for.

We are going away for 3 weeks and I thought that 2 checked suitcases plus 3 carry on and 3 personal (small backpacks) would be enough but now that I am actually starting to pack I am doubting my predictions. We are a family of 3 and between us there are 12 pairs of shoes going (runners for each of us, flip flops for each of us, water shoes for each of us, plus my toms and DD's toms and my vans) and I am pretty sure that I am going to need a suitcase for toiletries alone... sunscreen, makeup, face wash, night cream, eye cream, day cream, shampoo, conditioner etc.. Plus clothes.. I am planning on doing laundry every 6 days.

How many bags do you bring? How do you decided what to bring and what not to bring.. Like for instance do I really need to bring cortisone cream? I tend to "over prepare"

That's way more shoes than we would do. We do two pairs of shoes per person (wear one, pack the other). ''

I bring minimal toiletries (I don't wear makeup, so it's pretty easy, and we are not picky about using the shampoo and soap in the hotel.

We generally bring one suitcase per person (and I pack them so that we all have several outfits in each suit case in case one gets lost). We also each bring a backpack/carryon.

If we flew on an airline that charged per suitcase, I would pack even less because I'm cheap. :hyper:

We bring 3 pairs of shoes per person - sneakers, other pair sneakers/shoes & either flipflops or crocs but definitely pack shoes for your comfort!!! For toiletries I bring travel size stuff for the most part. We end up having one suitcase and one carry-on per person. We also mix up the clothes so everyone has something if we lose a suitcase or one is delayed.

We always bring an empty duffle bag for souvenirs on the way home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter