How many of your school classmates growing up lived on your road?

Nobody else the same year but there were several of us and we all graduated within a few years of each other.

There were no other kids on my street for the entirety of the years I was in school. Just me. Fortunately, it’s different for my kids and there are same-age playmates on our street for each of them.

I'll include 1 year older as I never went to a school more than 2 years, as in we moved and where we moved consolidated several schools for 5th and 6th in the big one and after that all our high schools were split, Junior down town, then we had an Intermediate for 9th and 10th, then Senior high school. I'll have to remember those who weren't actual friends...

11 within my 0.3 mile road in a 70's suburban neighborhood. Those are just the ones my age and a year older. Doesn't include all their older siblings or the younger ones which were my brother's age.

The school bus had 2 stops in my neighborhood and it was packed full (for 2 grades only mind you.) There were so many kids as the neighborhood wasn't very big at all.

Today I visit my mother and you don't see a single kid outside. They are there, I have seen them getting in and out of cars and into the house. Not nearly as many as when I was a kid though.

There were no other kids on my street for the entirety of the years I was in school. Just me. Fortunately, it’s different for my kids and there are same-age playmates on our street for each of them.
Funny how I and my kids were the exact opposite. I grew up with being able to play sports with neighborhood kids bracket tournament style (just made that description up, we could have several teams rotating because of how many kids.) Then I moved to the middle of nowhere and my kids' classmates were one family every few miles. We filled the bus with 2 stops in the neighborhood while my kids had almost an hour and a half bus ride to go 8 miles because they turned onto dirt roads and drove 5 miles back for 1 kid and turned around back to the main State road with each individual kid pick up.

Drastically different childhood and different relation with our siblings. Where I had my own friends and he had his own friends and we butted heads a lot so I beat the tar out of the bratty wimp, LOL all the time, my 2 girls also 3 years apart like my brother and I, were best friends their entire childhood. I don't think it was a brothers vs. sisters thing either because all the girls I knew, also beat the tar out of their little sisters all the time, LOL.

And just for the record, yes, he deserved it. The only way you can get an annoying little brother to leave you alone because they won't listen to "leave me alone" is a bloody nose or fat lip :rotfl2: Oh wait, this one is better because this was my brother after I beat the tar out of him at least every other day:crutches::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Last edited:

0!
Elementary school: I went to private school in a different city.
Middle school: went to an arts school and kids from all over the county went there. We actually took the train to school. It was very exciting, lol.
High school: I went to public school 2 cities away.

By "my road", if you mean "my block", there was 1 other student in my grade as far as I know, and maybe 6-8 kids all together. If by "my road" you mean the entire length of the street I lived on, I have no idea.

The street I grew up on was kid heaven. We had graduating classes from mid 70's to early 90's. Lot's and lots in each class. It was great!

Elementary school was divided into two groups-the kids who went to the local public school and the kids who went to the local parochial school. On my block it was just me and my sister who went to the local elementary, I think. When I was in third grade they started busing in the kids from the old Philadelphia Naval Base and they all lived on the base. In high school I went to a magnet school, so I was the only one. I did know a kid who also went there who I'd known since first grade but he didn't live on my street.

Only 4 houses on my street. I was the only one who lived on the street long enough to go to school in that area from K-12. One house the family moved in when I was in 3rd grade. Another house, family moved in when I was in 9th grade. Other house, well, if they had kids we don't know. Lady who lived there never came out, and the house looked remarkably like the Munsters' house.

There were kids up and down the street who went to my school. There was one next door who was in my same grade. We basically grew up walking to and from school together, sometimes being in the same class, having the same friend group, etc. We kind of went our separate ways by high school with different friends, but we continued to share rides to school, especially when we both started driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter