How many more days until your trip to WDW - Part 9

I've always called it the Nimitz Museum, and it's on my list. Your route to WDW carries you close to NOLA. Go here on one of the trips.

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/

Yep, named for Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief, US Pacific Fleet during WWII, and located in his hometown of Fredericksburg, Texas.
It used to be called the Nimitz Museum when the totality of it was housed in the old Nimitz Hotel, but it has since been expanded well beyond, and is now known as the National Museum of the Pacific War.

FDAB3A85-3C47-4373-B3A9-94554E5018DF.jpegBBAA7367-95C6-47E2-84ED-8DA17CA37AC1.jpeg

As far as The National WWII Museum goes, it’s on the list as well. We’ve been to NOLA twice for long-ish weekends, but it didn’t make the cut either time due to time constraints.

I’ve also toured the USS Texas, many years ago, in the Houston area, and we took our kiddos to tour the USS Lexington about 15 years ago, down in Corpus Christi Bay, with both being museum ships.

Perhaps one of us should start a museum thread…?!!!!! 🤓🤣😉

ETA…
We always fly to WDW, as it would take, at bare minimum, about 17 hours for us to drive there straight through, and that doesn’t include needed stops and potential traffic issues.

Last edited:
197 for next trip in December. On our way home now but I'm thinking 11 days is way too many. Used to be the norm for us but everything has just gotten way too expensive. I do have to say though that we ate like "Kings". We only did one TS a day and ate very light during the day and every meal was good to excellent.

No more than what everyone else posts. Kinda dresses up the thread, I think.

Thanks…!!! 🙂
I’m pretty new here, but there’s a similar thread on another site, that I’ve been a member of since 2012, that goes the same way from time to time.
I just wanted to be a little careful, as you just never know when you dive right in…!
Thanks, again…!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter