How long does XMAS last?

outstandinfarmer

<font color=navy>I am not a farmer, but I do live
How long does Christmas last in WDW? I was there last year in the middle of December, but I was wondering how long all of the decorations stay up into January. We are planning to go in the beginning o December, but I was wondering if it would be a loss to instead go in the beginning of January.:confused:

Hi,

I have heard that the decorations stay up for a few days after New years @ least, maybe a little more. Can anyone help?

Allison

We have been there for New Year's the past 2 years and all were up until Jan 3 when we left. Don't know how long after that.
Connears

i know that christmas starts the day after thanksgiving..dont know about the end.

People say that there is no sign whatsoever and then "Poof"
when you wake up the day after thanksgiving there are decorations everywhere...
What disney magic huh

We went to AKL the 15th of January and the tree was still up the first day of our stay! I was so glad that my son was able to see it! POOF it was gone, sometime during the night. I think fairy giraffe skirted it away someplace in a split second!

I was there this past Jan- arrived the 10th and left the 20th. We stayed at BCV's, and I can tell you that the EPCOT resorts still had their Christmas decorations up at least until the 15th. I was really surprised too! I kept coming into the lobby area day after day wondering when they were gonna take them down! It was great seeing those decorations up- and a little added bonus for us!

DH and I were there January 2nd through 10th this year. We were in Hawaii Building at the PR and watched a giant crane take down the tree in the MK on Sunday, the 4th. It was around midnight and it was somethin' to see 'cause it came apart in sections. Next day in MK, tree was gone but all other decorations were still there. We moved to the BWV on Tuesday and the Chocolate Fair lobby display was there and then gone on Wednesday. That was the only two large scale decorations that we saw being taken down. All others were still up when we left on the 10th. It was a WONDERFUL time albeit a little cool. Kinda crowded until Sunday but very nice the rest of the week. IMHO, excellent time to go! ::yes:: So excellent in fact, we're going again next year, except we plan on arriving December 30th and staying until January 7th. First time ever to be at my favorite place for New Years Eve. :hyper: Should be sump'tin!

The decorations are down in the parks before the marathon. The marathon weekend begins on Jan 7 next year. The decorations were taken down at WL during the night on Jan 11. We saw several big trucks parked near the valet parking that night as we returned from DTD. In the morning, the trucks were gone and so were the decorations.

I was surprised at how varied the decorations came down. We arrived Jan 4, and ASMo still had everything up. Epcot, AK and MGM still had trees and Xmas music playing until (I think) the 6th. MK had no traces of Xmas (except Country Bears) on the 6th, as Dizz42 mentioned.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure when everything went away. It seems like all of a sudden we noticed the trees were gone, but no one could pinpoint when it happened. That week after New Years (before the marathon) expect to see varying amounts of decorations, and to wake up one day and have no idea when they came down! :p

I would think that the decorations would at least stay up through the 12 days of Christmas....even though most have their trees at the curb the next day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter