How long did you wait?

I am a late College bloomer (went back to college last year for my degree in hospitality/travel/tourism) and I was wondering how old is too old to apply for the College Program (sorry for stealing this thread!). I would also like to know how long the application process takes and how long before you hear whether you've been accepted.

I waited 18 days and got my acceptance the first day they went out. I would expect most people's waits to be shorter than that, though. Although it could take four weeks or more.

I got my invitation exactly 3 weeks after my phone interview. 21 days on the dot, though technically a couple hours earlier since I did my interview at night but got my acceptance in the afternoon...

I heard within a week, but well... if you had heard my interview and my "Disney voice," you'd know why. :) I'm good. My boyfriend heard within a week too.

In general, when you hear back also kind of depends on when you applied and did your phone interview. For example, people who applied about four weeks ago when apps for the upcoming season first went live would not have been able to hear back a week later, regardless of how "good" or "Disney" they were, because the apps didn't even start getting reviewed until about two weeks later.

because the apps didn't even start getting reviewed until about two weeks later.

just to add- those that work in Florida were still busy with the Fall program arrivals when it all started up. they are the ones that review the info, make deicisons, and update everything. the people who do the interviews are all over the place and weren't busy with helping out with the fall people.

the 3-4 week window is fair and so far there aren't any reports of them missing it. Although there may be some rumblings from pending people who don't realize that their notification of being pending was the notification they were told that they would get within 3-4 weeks.

just to add- those that work in Florida were still busy with the Fall program arrivals when it all started up. they are the ones that review the info, make deicisons, and update everything. the people who do the interviews are all over the place and weren't busy with helping out with the fall people.

the 3-4 week window is fair and so far there aren't any reports of them missing it. Although there may be some rumblings from pending people who don't realize that their notification of being pending was the notification they were told that they would get within 3-4 weeks.

I interviewed on August 19th and am still waiting for anything. I haven't received a pending or anything. I know I'm the rare case but still :confused3

Does the application ask for job descriptions and references? Here why.....

My son applied, he did the online interview, and has already had his phone interview. He is waiting to hear back. My question is about the application itself. It took him about 3 tries to get the application completed because it kept giving him an error message. He said it was short. He said they didn't ask for job description or references. However it did give a spot for just employment information (employer, title, dates of employment, reason for leaving), but no place for your responsibilities on the job or contact information.

So,....does the application ever ask for that information? Did any of you give that information in your application or phone interview? I'm just wondering if they have all the info for him that they need. Thanks.

He said they didn't ask for job description or references. However it did give a spot for just employment information (employer, title, dates of employment, reason for leaving), but no place for your responsibilities on the job or contact information.

They don't ask for references for the college program. With the number of people who apply, it would be impossible for them to really follow-up on this info for everyone. they may do it if they are on the fence about someone, though. Really they use this just to reference any previous work experience someone may have. Most of the positions this doesn't play a major role in. Some, like concierge, may be of a higher consideration. Also if someone is interested in a position that requires significant money transactions (like Vacation planner), having previous experience with credit card transactions or handling large sums of cash may help.

it gives the person doing the interview a bit of insight into how to approach the interview too. if someone has never held a job, they may ease into the interview a bit more just to relax them than they would someone who has held several different jobs.

some of the professional internships require references.

They don't ask for references for the college program. With the number of people who apply, it would be impossible for them to really follow-up on this info for everyone. they may do it if they are on the fence about someone, though. Really they use this just to reference any previous work experience someone may have. Most of the positions this doesn't play a major role in. Some, like concierge, may be of a higher consideration. Also if someone is interested in a position that requires significant money transactions (like Vacation planner), having previous experience with credit card transactions or handling large sums of cash may help.

As a pending person, would it be worth it to call and offer to send a letter of recommendation? I applied for GS and photopass and I really want to be accepted (who doesn't?) I figured it wouldn't hurt to call and ask, but am still kind of nervous about bothering them. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter